Ban Hammer

USDA official resigns amid race controversy

142 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thats just #######. I was born into poverty and hard work has got me to where I am now. It was not because I was white either, I made good decisions when many of my friends were not. This is the typical European attitude, you guys think you got us figured out and think if only we would just listen we would be so much better. Considering the positive things we have done in this tworld maybe you guys should be listening to us every now and then. :yes:

So you're saying that generational poverty exists simply because the poor people are lazy.

Who needs Sociology or Economics when we've got Simpson :rofl:

Edited by Its a MADHOUSE

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

No this was my attempt to get you to see the bigger picture.

Do you realize how absurd you appear when you post a video of a congressman giving an ignorant speech juxtaposed against your claims of affirmative action? Your failed analogy invalidates your rationale, despite your claims of "the bigger picture".

Thats just #######. I was born into poverty and hard work has got me to where I am now. It was not because I was white either, I made good decisions when many of my friends were not. This is the typical European attitude, you guys think you got us figured out and think if only we would just listen we would be so much better. Considering the positive things we have done in this tworld maybe you guys should be listening to us every now and then. :yes:

No Simpson, it's not #######, not if you use logic instead of 'chip on your shoulder' emotion. Not everyone in poverty is the same - I don't know or care about your particular circumstances and how you managed to get where you are today (wherever that is) the point is that the vast majority of children born into poverty never get the opportunity to get out, not because they are stupid, or because they do not work hard, but because of a range of obstacles that face them because of their financial circumstances. Of course a few will manage, either because they are highly gifted and get a scholarship and the family does not need to rely on immediate income from that child in order to survive, or because they get some other random opportunity that is not afforded to everyone - whereas any child born into a middleclass income or above family has the means to get a college education - or a range of other opportunities that have nothing to do with their personal abilities or work ethic. There is nothing spectacular about these observations, it is reality whether you choose to accept that or not.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

:rofl: Absolutely! I expect no less from you. :thumbs:

Why do you feel it is OK for someone to brag about doing this, even if it was 24 years ago, she is proud of it ???

Even Byrd tried to distance himslf from his past and did not brag about it to make a point.

Edited by Craneman

Usually when a Republican/Conservative complains about reverse racism, one just laughs at them. But this is one situation when they are right. The person is video-taped saying she discriminated against a person because he was white. This should have consequence. It's all right for one to be racist if that's what they desires to be. But when they let their racism affect other people's lives is when things become wrong and there should be consequences.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

So you're saying that generational poverty exists simply because the poor people are lazy.

Who needs Sociology or Economics when we've got Simpson :rofl:

Its more than just being lazy. Its about bad decisions,poor education, taking the easy path and the list goes on. We have some serious issues with our infrastructure that needs to be fixed. I have never said otherwise but to act like the opportunity isnt there if one chooses to capitalize on it is ridiculous. To act like a kid in a meth driven trailer park should get less attention than a black man in a ghetto is just as ridiculous, well rather sick. This woman was wrong in saying that color should be part of it, plain and simple.

Clearly she's a fool, she should have hidden her past and just got on with her life, no one would have been any the wiser.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Perhaps it should be reiterated that the incident in question took place nearly a quarter of a century ago.

She was proud of doing it.

Your point being??

As they say, do it once

Edited by Craneman

Its more than just being lazy. Its about bad decisions,poor education, taking the easy path and the list goes on. We have some serious issues with our infrastructure that needs to be fixed. I have never said otherwise but to act like the opportunity isnt there if one chooses to capitalize on it is ridiculous. To act like a kid in a meth driven trailer park should get less attention than a black man in a ghetto is just as ridiculous, well rather sick. This woman was wrong in saying that color should be part of it, plain and simple.

No one is arguing that one person in poverty is more valuable or deserves more attention than another person in poverty - the fact is though that % wise more black people exist in poverty than white people, by a wide margin - and yet somehow that's irrelevant to you, as is how history determined that this is so, not lack of work ethic or determination.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Exactly. People cry bloody murder when public officials arent honest or transparent, yet when they are, they are tarred, feathered and forced out of their job in disgrace for something stupid they did in their youth which has no relevance to the present.

No wonder America has the political class and leaders that it does, seems well deserved to me. You can't be honest, so you might as well be a crook. It's all anyone expects.

Edited by Its a MADHOUSE

Nationalistic much?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

No Simpson, it's not #######, not if you use logic instead of 'chip on your shoulder' emotion. Not everyone in poverty is the same - I don't know or care about your particular circumstances and how you managed to get where you are today (wherever that is) the point is that the vast majority of children born into poverty never get the opportunity to get out, not because they are stupid, or because they do not work hard, but because of a range of obstacles that face them because of their financial circumstances. Of course a few will manage, either because they are highly gifted and get a scholarship and the family does not need to rely on immediate income from that child in order to survive, or because they get some other random opportunity that is not afforded to everyone - whereas any child born into a middleclass income or above family has the means to get a college education - or a range of other opportunities that have nothing to do with their personal abilities or work ethic. There is nothing spectacular about these observations, it is reality whether you choose to accept that or not.

Wait a second you are trying to derail my point here. I know the reasons kids dont always go down the right path. I know why more middle class kids have better chances. I know that financial issues can be the biggest obstacle. This started out over Shirley's comments and how color was part of it. My point from the get go was that the opportunity is there if one chooses to capitalize on it. Its about our infrastructure not whitey holding the black man down.

Wait a second you are trying to derail my point here. I know the reasons kids dont always go down the right path. I know why more middle class kids have better chances. I know that financial issues can be the biggest obstacle. This started out over Shirley's comments and how color was part of it. My point from the get go was that the opportunity is there if one chooses to capitalize on it. Its about our infrastructure not whitey holding the black man down.

Round and round, it's part of it because of the % of blacks in poverty Simpson, like I said at the start. There is nothing sinister about this - it's just reality.