one...two...tree

Fox News Bans Veterans' Group Ad

121 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

A privately owned news organization cannot "ban" anything. They can decline to accept payment in return for selling some of their airtime to any ads they so choose. Saying this in the way you titled this thread is biased. I could jst as easily say "CNN and MSNBC ban the truth".

Private news stations can say what they want and advertise what they want and you can watch them...or not. They have choices and so do you. It is not a "ban" and it is not "censorship"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

A privately owned news organization cannot "ban" anything. They can decline to accept payment in return for selling some of their airtime to any ads they so choose. Saying this in the way you titled this thread is biased. I could jst as easily say "CNN and MSNBC ban the truth".

Private news stations can say what they want and advertise what they want and you can watch them...or not. They have choices and so do you. It is not a "ban" and it is not "censorship"

Networks are granted a license to use the airwaves (publicly owned and not private), which is why there are regulations regarding political ads. For example, a network cannot refuse to air political ads that support a particular candidate unless there are other legitimate reasons. According to the current bench of the Supreme Court, money is free speech, and someone could then make compelling case that any network that refuses to accept payment to run a political ad is infringing on free speech. As for a network's private rights - they simply can add a disclaimer that they are in no way endorsing the political ad.

Edited by El Buscador

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Networks are granted a license to use the airwaves (publicly owned and not private), which is why there are regulations regarding political ads. For example, a network cannot refuse to air political ads that support a particular candidate unless there are other legitimate reasons. According to the current bench of the Supreme Court, money is free speech, and someone could then make compelling case that any network that refuses to accept payment to run a political ad is infringing on free speech. As for a network's private rights - they simply can add a disclaimer that they are in no way endorsing the political ad.

Cable stations are not on the public airwaves, that's why cable shows can show nudity and use language that licensed stations cannot use. The rules for airwaves and cable are not the same, but neither has to accept any and all "public interest" ads submitted for consideration.

Timeline

CNN is big time liberal. That's why Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs were jettisoned from there, and even left-leaning Republican Geraldo ran to Fox. After more than 25 years of watching CNN, there is only one show, Reliable Sources, that I regularly watch because it's become a measure of how frightened CNN is of Fox. Most weekends, the guests and hosts spend a large block of time taking lame stabs at Fox. That's fun to watch!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

CNN is big time liberal. That's why Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs were jettisoned from there, and even left-leaning Republican Geraldo ran to Fox. After more than 25 years of watching CNN, there is only one show, Reliable Sources, that I regularly watch because it's become a measure of how frightened CNN is of Fox. Most weekends, the guests and hosts spend a large block of time taking lame stabs at Fox. That's fun to watch!

Yes. CNN first hired Beck and Dobbs unaware that they weren't tooting the horn of bleeding heart liberalism, but it took them awhile to finally realize they were batting for the other team.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

CNN has dispatched with most "biased" political commentary because they wanted to be the news network that focused only on the news. In the end, it cost them quite a bit of their viewership.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Electric cars are ridiculously expensive in total costs, (not just capital costs) just as most RV owners spend the equivalent of a five star hotel stay. Fuel is not the major ownership cost.

Petroleum will rule unless politicians make it too expensive by taxes.

The only reason the US is in Afghanistan is not for the cover story, but because it is a shield or base (Al Qaeda in Arabic) to protect the oil States of Iran (or 'THE NEXT as it should be called), plus Iraq the 2nd highest oil reserves and Saudi the highest oil reserves.

My dad was sent to fight for Burma in the 2nd world war. Burma ? yes it has big oil reserves and the Japanese wanted it and invaded it.

I am really surprised the US has not made a move on Burma - watch this space

I try not to watch cable TV as both sides lie and omit to suit their agenda and I can't get any decent news. CNN and Anderson Pooper is a disgrace. Public radio is quite informative as is BBC radio 4 on the web.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Their news is biased and omits a great deal of what the public wants to see. I needed Dobbs and Beck to balance out the leftist ####### from Campbell Brown, Rick Sanchez, Roland Whatzhisname, Joy Behar, Jane Velez-Michell, Anderson Cooper and on and on. I don't know of any conservative who is a regular on CNN. My idea of conservative, not theirs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I don't understand why Americans need politically biased news from either side anyway

It's extraordinary - the rest of the world isn't politics obsessed

Anyway it isn't politics, it tribalism and people should get a life and stop raging against each other on these mutually exclusive lists of politics - and it's all so coded.

If I say I am not keen on hunting coz I don't want to kill anything, people assume I am into electric cars and free health and abortion etc. It's like if you are not 100% for every policy then you are with the opposition.

It's as divided as Northern Ireland during the troubles

I pick and choose my policies where I find em and I resent being labeled as this side or that side or having to say

It's probably the lack of football (soccer) that is the problem. They have no outlet for their tribalism.

moresheep400100.jpg

Yes. CNN first hired Beck and Dobbs unaware that they weren't tooting the horn of bleeding heart liberalism, but it took them awhile to finally realize they were batting for the other team.

Teams? Tell me why there are teams? It doesnt matter what team your on what matters is if you can win as a person. Who the ** raised you to believe your dependent?

Edited by Col. Lingus

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

:rofl: :rofl: You ROCK SOFIYA!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow