one...two...tree

Filipinos Against Arizona Immigration Law SB1070

303 posts in this topic

If you don't like the law in Arizona then its time for you to find a new homestate.

BOTTOM LINE, A Law is a LAW, simply abide by it or get out. I said several times, I have no problem with anyone as long as they are LEGAL.

My cousin used to work at a Hospital in San Ysirdro, at the hospital there were many Illegal Mexicans going there for treatment, when they were asked for any documents they became irate and could not speak english. Is this fair ? I am UNION, I have to work 180 hrs every month to qualify for medical benenfits and these illegals come here and get it for free.....hmmmm its just so wrong, i don't care if you are a Filipino that has overstayed their Visa, Canadian or a Latino but if you are illegal then you need to get the flock out of here.

Ive seen protests and rallies where illegals would walk in front of City Hall and demand rights, how do they have the nerve to protest and demand rights when they are not even legal, I can go on and on and give my truthful feelings about this but I would probably be banned with the things that I would say. Instead I will refrain from doing so and stay decent.

Most Mexicans by pass any law that governs immigration to server there own interests, regardless of who pays the price. They are unwilling to change there country for a better way of life, so they feel entitled to illegally inter the US. They have no respect for Americans and our laws.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I happen to live in Arizona.

when did this happen? no wonder my stalking efforts have been useless! :protest:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you don't like the law in Arizona then its time for you to find a new homestate.

BOTTOM LINE, A Law is a LAW, simply abide by it or get out. I said several times, I have no problem with anyone as long as they are LEGAL.

My cousin used to work at a Hospital in San Ysirdro, at the hospital there were many Illegal Mexicans going there for treatment, when they were asked for any documents they became irate and could not speak english. Is this fair ? I am UNION, I have to work 180 hrs every month to qualify for medical benenfits and these illegals come here and get it for free.....hmmmm its just so wrong, i don't care if you are a Filipino that has overstayed their Visa, Canadian or a Latino but if you are illegal then you need to get the flock out of here.

Ive seen protests and rallies where illegals would walk in front of City Hall and demand rights, how do they have the nerve to protest and demand rights when they are not even legal, I can go on and on and give my truthful feelings about this but I would probably be banned with the things that I would say. Instead I will refrain from doing so and stay decent.

I won't continue to go round and round with you on the legitimacy of every law on the books. If you have such blind faith in our elected politicians to enact laws that are always right and just, then that is your prerogative. I suppose Jose Rizal should have never challenged Spanish Rule or that the Founding Fathers of this great country of ours should have ever challenged the British Monarchy and its rule of law. Some people are sheep and follow blindly, while others like Rizal dare to stand up to injustice even if its the law of the land. I wish you the best in your future endeavors in this great country of ours, and I sincerely hope that your future spouse or you will not have to endure any infringement on your constitutional rights and privileges.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Jose Rizal is a national hero chosen by the Americans. Why was he chosen? Because he was pro-American. You see my friend when the United States gave the Philippines its independence the department of education was the last department that the United States let go off. Jose was not against his country, he was against the Spanyards that occupied the Philippines. Jose traveled around the world and even visited the United States LEGALLY. He fought the Spanyards with a pen and not physically. Right before Jose was executed in front of the firing squad his heart rate was taken and it was normal in fact he wanted to face the firing squad but was forced to look the other way. Jose was a man of principle. If he were alive today he would follow in the laws due to his principalities. Try harder my friend.

when did this happen? no wonder my stalking efforts have been useless! :protest:

What, did you think he would be living in S. Phoenix? After all Flagstaff city councils voted to sue Arizona over its tough new immigration law, citing concerns about enforcement costs and negative effects on the state's tourism industry.:blink: Flagstaff is small time town, I'm sure his SO shops at Wongs the only Asian market I can recall?.

Timeline

I guess we can't make everyone happy. Good luck to you as well El Buscador, nothing personal, this is a open forum for discussion. If you are ever in Vegas hit me up and let's have a beer or two.

I guess we can't make everyone happy. Good luck to you as well El Buscador, nothing personal, this is a open forum for discussion. If you are ever in Vegas hit me up and let's have a beer or two.

My feelings as well El Buscador. I have been kind of riding you but though our opinions differ it is refreshing to have someone to jab back and forth with.

Best of luck to you.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

another group choosing to use 'immigrant' instead of 'illegal alien' .

Sorry, cannot pull any credence into their statement.

Words are important, already made bad choice to use the wrong one.

or maybe my Venn Diagram has slipped?

Does 'anti-immigrant' == 'illegal alien' ?

If you are an anti-immigrant, aren't you also an illegal-alien, by definition ?

Oh well. Like I said, words are important. I paid attention for 2 seconds, only to learn of their choice to use the wrong word.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

[quote name=NVC FAN :(' date='10 July 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1278809950' post='4057801]

yes i agree with this law also! Im surprised that this coalition would be against this. I always considered the philippine culture to be conservative and abide by the laws. maybe things are changing.

IMO, the donation from the ACLU was accepted.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

It's not ok, but it's not the big deal that many here in America, particularly during this economic recession make it out to be. Immigrants, both documented and undocumented have contributed both to our economy and to our country. We should recognize those who are willing to work hard for a better life here instead of vilifying them as criminals because they had no legal avenue to immigrate here. Our immigration system is broken and needs to be fixed. However, we must look for pragmatic solutions and not draconian laws that will compromise our constitutional rights and liberties.

I happen to live in Arizona. My wife is often mistaken for being Mexican. There was a period of several months (almost 6 months) when we applied for her 10 year Green Card, where her 2 year, conditional Green Card had expired, even though the USCIS sent her a letter saying that it was extended for an additional year until her 10 year card arrived in the mail. Now imagine if she were stopped for a routine traffic violation while all she had was an expired 2 year GC. Local law enforcement would have no way of knowing whether she was telling the truth beyond contacting immigration and waiting for them to clear her name. In the meantime, according to the new Arizona Law, she would be detained without bail. Most people who support the law, don't understand that such an issue could possibly happen. They don't realize that local law enforcement does not have the authority or resources to verify someone's legal status in a case where a legal alien like my wife was in. They don't see that far into the potential legal problems with this law, yet is very clear for anyone wishing to read it - if you cannot provide documentation proving you are here legally, you can be detained by law enforcement, without bail, and indefinitely until the USCIS clears your good name. And anyone here who has dealt with the speed of the USCIS can see that such a detention could last for quite some time.

Local law enforcement wouldn't.couldn't nd won't ask for a history on her status, a simple state ID, drivers license, or social security card will prove legal status, why complicate things ?

2007-08-21Met through dating site

2007-10-12Hubby's first visit/met me and picked him up in Davao International Airport

2007-10-17Officially engaged to my one and only love hubby & formally proposed in front of my family

2007-10-22Flew back to the US

2008-02-022nd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Cebu International Airport

2008-02-04Went into the US embassy Cebu to get his certificate of legal capacity

2008-02-05Flew back together into Davao City and drove to Tagum City

2008-02-27Our awaited precious moment the WEDDING DAY!!!!

2008-03-04Hubby Flew back to the US

2009-05-013rd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Hong Kong International Airport

2009-05-02We went to Hong Kong disneyland (pretty amazing)

2009-05-03Flew back together into Manila and got his balikbayan visa to stay here with me for one year

2009-12-24First time we celebrate together the Christmas Eve (very much awesome!)

2009-12-31First time we celebrate together the New Years Eve (very much happy)

2010-01-07We celebrate together on his Birthday!

2010-01-15Celebrate together on his cutie wifey Birthday!

2010-01-25Sent I-130

2010-01-27Manila consulate received

2010-03-31I-130 approved(66 days)

2010-04-15NOA2 received

2010-04-22Packet 3 received(YaY)

2010-04-24DS230I & DS2001 Sent

2010-04-26Manila consulate received

2010-05-06Packet 4 received(Yepeyy)

2010-05-26-MEDICAL 7:00am(Passed)

2010-06-17-INTERVIEW 7:00 AM VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Lord !!!

2010-06-19 Recieved passport with visa via Air21 so fastttttt !!

2010-07-16 POE Detroit

2010-07-26 Recieved SS card

Timeline

People here should support this law. Most of us here are going through or went through the process of LEGAL immigration. It's costly, stressful and a long process...so why should we support people who cheat the laws?

For those of you who's wife or husband received their green card...it says right on the USCIS paper for him/her to keep the green card on them at all times! It's the law...and it's not racist.

If you went to Mexico and overstayed they would either A) Deport you or B)Throw you in their hell-hole prison and then deport you.

The AZ law says if a cop has reasonable suspicion and is enforcing another law...they can investigate whether or not that person is illegal? There's no aspect of this law that's racist.

To me these illegals are insulting to the people who immigrated here in an honest, legal way.

I don't think it is possible in today's post 911, to have open borders. However, I do think that anyone who is hard working and wants to make a better life for themselves should be given a reasonable chance to do so. What I find odd is that so many here are bringing over spouses (most often Filipinas) from a Third World country with relative ease and yet they are so opinionated against Mexicans coming here for a better life. Right now as it stands, if you are poor and from Mexico, there is no legal pathway to immigrate here, short of marrying a Kano. We've got plenty of Filipinas who sought out a Kano to specifically immigrate here for a better life. Most Pinays here share more in common with the Mexicans wanting to immigrate to the U.S. than with their own Kano husbands.

I have no problem with mexicans coming here for a better life. If I were poor and living in mexico I would do the same. I mostly believe immigration rules are far too reaching , each person that applies should be approved and given a chance.

"from a Third World country with relative ease"

I wouldn't say its relative ease, its very expensive, takes a long time and not guaranteed. In fact, its so expensive to apply to come to the usa I don't know how most people are able to do it

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Local law enforcement wouldn't.couldn't nd won't ask for a history on her status, a simple state ID, drivers license, or social security card will prove legal status, why complicate things ?

That's not accurate, if you read SB1070. According to the law, a law enforcement officer who suspects that someone here is illegal is required to ask the suspect for verification of status, in addition to whether they present a DL or ID. While Arizona's MVD (Motor Vehicle Division) may require proof of citizenship in order to obtain a license, not every state does. State DL or ID's are not proof of citizenship in general and if an officer has suspicion of someone's legal status he may require further verification. But lets assume that as long as she has her license with her, she'll be fine. So imagine if her wallet gets stolen, or she makes a quick run to the store to buy milk, forgets her license and gets stopped. Normally, without SB1070 should could face a potential ticket for driving without a license which is understandable. However, in that event, if the officer suspected that she might be here illegally, she would be detained without bail indefinitely until immigration cleared her name. I could go on with a myriad of hypotheticals that would all lead to detention without bail. That is my own personal issue with the law itself. An officer can suspect me of stealing a vehicle, but without making a formal arrest, he could not detain me, at least not without violating my civil rights of due process.

As for Social Security Cards - legal aliens can obtain one. Same with DL or state issued ID's. Keep in mind that about half of those who are undocumented here in the U.S., came here legally and are overstayed Visas.

That's not accurate, if you read SB1070. According to the law, a law enforcement officer who suspects that someone here is illegal is required to ask the suspect for verification of status, in addition to whether they present a DL or ID. While Arizona's MVD (Motor Vehicle Division) may require proof of citizenship in order to obtain a license, not every state does. State DL or ID's are not proof of citizenship in general and if an officer has suspicion of someone's legal status he may require further verification. But lets assume that as long as she has her license with her, she'll be fine. So imagine if her wallet gets stolen, or she makes a quick run to the store to buy milk, forgets her license and gets stopped. Normally, without SB1070 should could face a potential ticket for driving without a license which is understandable. However, in that event, if the officer suspected that she might be here illegally, she would be detained without bail indefinitely until immigration cleared her name. I could go on with a myriad of hypotheticals that would all lead to detention without bail. That is my own personal issue with the law itself. An officer can suspect me of stealing a vehicle, but without making a formal arrest, he could not detain me, at least not without violating my civil rights of due process.

As for Social Security Cards - legal aliens can obtain one. Same with DL or state issued ID's. Keep in mind that about half of those who are undocumented here in the U.S., came here legally and are overstayed Visas.

OK with that being said... do you know what the federal law that is and has been in place since 1970 ? the exact same thing can happen to a suspected illegal alien, albeit by what was INS now DHS and it does happen, I live in florida where once your border crossers make it through they come here and work illegaly picking fruit etc. DHS does regular work camp round ups and hauls them (at tax payers expence) back to thier respective countries after a short stay... again at tax payers expence in a holding facility where they are treated for medical conditions, fed, clothed then transported by bus or air... you guessed it, at tax payers expence... in a perpetual loop as some of these "undocumented workers" have done the round trip dozens of times ... add up the figures... is Jan Brewer trying to do something about this failure of a system we have, your damn right she is and I as a natural born citizen of the United States of America salute her efforts and the state of Virginia and all the other states that are about to jump onboard of this overdue enforcement of US LAW !

2007-08-21Met through dating site

2007-10-12Hubby's first visit/met me and picked him up in Davao International Airport

2007-10-17Officially engaged to my one and only love hubby & formally proposed in front of my family

2007-10-22Flew back to the US

2008-02-022nd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Cebu International Airport

2008-02-04Went into the US embassy Cebu to get his certificate of legal capacity

2008-02-05Flew back together into Davao City and drove to Tagum City

2008-02-27Our awaited precious moment the WEDDING DAY!!!!

2008-03-04Hubby Flew back to the US

2009-05-013rd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Hong Kong International Airport

2009-05-02We went to Hong Kong disneyland (pretty amazing)

2009-05-03Flew back together into Manila and got his balikbayan visa to stay here with me for one year

2009-12-24First time we celebrate together the Christmas Eve (very much awesome!)

2009-12-31First time we celebrate together the New Years Eve (very much happy)

2010-01-07We celebrate together on his Birthday!

2010-01-15Celebrate together on his cutie wifey Birthday!

2010-01-25Sent I-130

2010-01-27Manila consulate received

2010-03-31I-130 approved(66 days)

2010-04-15NOA2 received

2010-04-22Packet 3 received(YaY)

2010-04-24DS230I & DS2001 Sent

2010-04-26Manila consulate received

2010-05-06Packet 4 received(Yepeyy)

2010-05-26-MEDICAL 7:00am(Passed)

2010-06-17-INTERVIEW 7:00 AM VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Lord !!!

2010-06-19 Recieved passport with visa via Air21 so fastttttt !!

2010-07-16 POE Detroit

2010-07-26 Recieved SS card

People can and do get detained, handcuff and even put in the cop cars when they are investigating a potential crime or for safety reasons. With out formal arrest, or with out violating civil right of due process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.