one...two...tree

Filipinos Against Arizona Immigration Law SB1070

303 posts in this topic

I don't think it is possible in today's post 911, to have open borders. However, I do think that anyone who is hard working and wants to make a better life for themselves should be given a reasonable chance to do so. What I find odd is that so many here are bringing over spouses (most often Filipinas) from a Third World country with relative ease and yet they are so opinionated against Mexicans coming here for a better life. Right now as it stands, if you are poor and from Mexico, there is no legal pathway to immigrate here, short of marrying a Kano. We've got plenty of Filipinas who sought out a Kano to specifically immigrate here for a better life. Most Pinays here share more in common with the Mexicans wanting to immigrate to the U.S. than with their own Kano husbands.

This worthless garbage belongs in the off topic forum and not here. Hopefully an organizer or mod with common since will move it.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the mods for allowing this thread to continue as all posters supporting or disagreeing with the OP seem to me to have done so very respectfully. I hope this post will be taken with similar intent.

I'll direct it in part to Jordan, since he indicated he's of Mexican descent, although I mean the response much more broadly to those who are taking advantage of this valid issue to drive wedges between Americans and make this about race.

How dare anyone accuse those of us who support this law and in general the enforcement of American immigration law of being racist? This is not about race. It's about enforcement of our laws. The immigration law is intended to protect the American people. What role of our government is more important than protecting Americans? That's one of the primary responsibilities of the government of each country...isn't it?

I have nothing against Mexicans. Some of my very best friends are of Mexican descent. In fact, I'm a great admirer of one particular couple and their children, especially because of the way they've raised their children and the values they espouse. I hope when Machie and I have children that Martin and Guadalupe will very much be a part of their lives. They are immigrants from Mexico, but they came here legally and are now US citizens. I've been to Mexico for work many times, as well for a gringo, I speak decent Spanish. I sympathize with the plight of poorer Mexicans, including those who would do almost anything to find work to support themselves and their families. I sympathize with people from all around the world who struggle with poverty. But America can not be the answer to all of these problems.

That said, those who cross the border illegally are not only good people who seek work. The mix includes brutal criminals, murders, rapists, gang members, drug runners. As much as I sympathize with those who just want to work and create a better life, I do expect my government to protect our border and prevent anyone who is not properly documented from entry. And for those here today who've entered illegally, there should be severe consequences.

Most other countries restrict those who are permitted entry don't they? More importantly, don't most countries carefully restrict who is permitted to work in that country? Since this is the Philippines forum, I'll point out that as an American while I can enter the Philippines easily it would be almost impossible for me to work legally there. The local laws severely restrict "foreigners" from employment. While that's disappointing for me personally, I certainly understand it from the perspective of Filipinos. Why allow foreigners to work in the Philippines when there aren't enough jobs there for Filipinos? Why wouldn't the US have the right to make the same restriction for the protection of Americans?

K1 Journey

May 11, 2010: I-129F sent

May 19, 2010: Received at VSC

May 25, 2010: Check cashed

May 25, 2010: NOA1 (date on the notice)

May 31, 2010: touched (on Memorial Day?)

Jun 01, 2010: Received NOA1 paper copy (never received email)

Jun 25, 2010: Received NOA2 email (wow, VSC much faster than we expected!!!)

Jun 28, 2010: NVC received (estimated)

Jun 30, 2010: NVC sent to MNL

Jul 02, 2010: Received MNL number (phone call to NVC)

Jul 02, 2010: Received NOA2 paper copy

Jul 16 - 19 2010, Medical exam - Passed!

Aug 17, 2010: Interview - Passed!

Sep 01, 2010: Travel to US

Sep 01, 2010: POE SFO

Nov 27, 2010: Wedding

Nov 29, 2010: Start AOS

Timeline

Well said. That's what I have been trying to say, other countries have stricter laws to protect their citizens and yet when the USA tries to enforce its laws to protect its citizens many will complain. I have no regard what a persons race is as long as they have entered the country illegally. What did make me sick was seeing the Mexican President talk down on Arizona at the Capitol and then having these A S S KISSING politicians give him a standing ovation, now that made me sick. Respect the country for its laws, its not where you are from its where you are AT

Thanks for the mods for allowing this thread to continue as all posters supporting or disagreeing with the OP seem to me to have done so very respectfully. I hope this post will be taken with similar intent.

I'll direct it in part to Jordan, since he indicated he's of Mexican descent, although I mean the response much more broadly to those who are taking advantage of this valid issue to drive wedges between Americans and make this about race.

How dare anyone accuse those of us who support this law and in general the enforcement of American immigration law of being racist? This is not about race. It's about enforcement of our laws. The immigration law is intended to protect the American people. What role of our government is more important than protecting Americans? That's one of the primary responsibilities of the government of each country...isn't it?

I have nothing against Mexicans. Some of my very best friends are of Mexican descent. In fact, I'm a great admirer of one particular couple and their children, especially because of the way they've raised their children and the values they espouse. I hope when Machie and I have children that Martin and Guadalupe will very much be a part of their lives. They are immigrants from Mexico, but they came here legally and are now US citizens. I've been to Mexico for work many times, as well for a gringo, I speak decent Spanish. I sympathize with the plight of poorer Mexicans, including those who would do almost anything to find work to support themselves and their families. I sympathize with people from all around the world who struggle with poverty. But America can not be the answer to all of these problems.

That said, those who cross the border illegally are not only good people who seek work. The mix includes brutal criminals, murders, rapists, gang members, drug runners. As much as I sympathize with those who just want to work and create a better life, I do expect my government to protect our border and prevent anyone who is not properly documented from entry. And for those here today who've entered illegally, there should be severe consequences.

Most other countries restrict those who are permitted entry don't they? More importantly, don't most countries carefully restrict who is permitted to work in that country? Since this is the Philippines forum, I'll point out that as an American while I can enter the Philippines easily it would be almost impossible for me to work legally there. The local laws severely restrict "foreigners" from employment. While that's disappointing for me personally, I certainly understand it from the perspective of Filipinos. Why allow foreigners to work in the Philippines when there aren't enough jobs there for Filipinos? Why wouldn't the US have the right to make the same restriction for the protection of Americans?

Right on the money Frank, the OP that started this thread doesnt seem to oppose the racial discord that happens up front and in the open in the Philippines why should it be OK for one country to restrict it's borders but not another ? the facts are that SB 1070 is mimicing federal law and it is NOT about race it is about regulation while it is OK for illegal's to obtain and use means tested public support it isn't OK for my LEGAL wife to do so ? is that fair ? not that she would ever have to. Just makes me wonder what these people are thinking ... rant over :whistle:

2007-08-21Met through dating site

2007-10-12Hubby's first visit/met me and picked him up in Davao International Airport

2007-10-17Officially engaged to my one and only love hubby & formally proposed in front of my family

2007-10-22Flew back to the US

2008-02-022nd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Cebu International Airport

2008-02-04Went into the US embassy Cebu to get his certificate of legal capacity

2008-02-05Flew back together into Davao City and drove to Tagum City

2008-02-27Our awaited precious moment the WEDDING DAY!!!!

2008-03-04Hubby Flew back to the US

2009-05-013rd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Hong Kong International Airport

2009-05-02We went to Hong Kong disneyland (pretty amazing)

2009-05-03Flew back together into Manila and got his balikbayan visa to stay here with me for one year

2009-12-24First time we celebrate together the Christmas Eve (very much awesome!)

2009-12-31First time we celebrate together the New Years Eve (very much happy)

2010-01-07We celebrate together on his Birthday!

2010-01-15Celebrate together on his cutie wifey Birthday!

2010-01-25Sent I-130

2010-01-27Manila consulate received

2010-03-31I-130 approved(66 days)

2010-04-15NOA2 received

2010-04-22Packet 3 received(YaY)

2010-04-24DS230I & DS2001 Sent

2010-04-26Manila consulate received

2010-05-06Packet 4 received(Yepeyy)

2010-05-26-MEDICAL 7:00am(Passed)

2010-06-17-INTERVIEW 7:00 AM VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Lord !!!

2010-06-19 Recieved passport with visa via Air21 so fastttttt !!

2010-07-16 POE Detroit

2010-07-26 Recieved SS card

It doesn't matter a law is a law. I know my history as I have lived all my life here. The point is that this law is enforced because of illegal Mexicans. I was in Arizona a few weeks ago. Upon leaving the mall there were cops stopping and questioning Hispanics for identification but I was not stopped passing in front of them as well as my Vietnamese buddy that was with me. I'm convinced Arizona did this for the illegal Mexicans.

El Buscador, The law doesn't go in to effect until the end of this month (July 29). So I would wager the police were questioning those Hispanics for another reason.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

I don't think it is possible in today's post 911, to have open borders. However, I do think that anyone who is hard working and wants to make a better life for themselves should be given a reasonable chance to do so. What I find odd is that so many here are bringing over spouses (most often Filipinas) from a Third World country with relative ease and yet they are so opinionated against Mexicans coming here for a better life. Right now as it stands, if you are poor and from Mexico, there is no legal pathway to immigrate here, short of marrying a Kano. We've got plenty of Filipinas who sought out a Kano to specifically immigrate here for a better life. Most Pinays here share more in common with the Mexicans wanting to immigrate to the U.S. than with their own Kano husbands.

You know this is a load of #######. How is it easier for a Filipino to come to this country than a Mexican? I would like to see a poor Filipino come to this country with the relative ease you describe short of marrying an American. It wouldn't be any different than a Mexican doing so. In fact with all the free passes given it is much easier for a Latin American to stay in this country. As for a poor Latino coming to this country without marriage you are again incorrect. My ex-wife came here from Culican, Mexico legally with her parents who were anything but rich. The people that get screwed are the Latinos that follow the rules but wait while others who disregard rules like my friends sister-inlaw are able to get Green cards after entering the U.S. illegally.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Yes, agreed. Tip of the hat to the mods for "hands off" approach in letting this cantankerous discussion proceed in the orderly manner it is. Steve really puts the hot topics out here, and will continue to pummel us into submission until we view the world the way he does.

That all aside, here is the bottom line: Those who are here illegally must leave, and

Get in the back of the line and wait like everyone else. :star:

black-friday-nonsense3.jpg

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This worthless garbage belongs in the off topic forum and not here. Hopefully an organizer or mod with common since will move it.

you may wish to reread the following (bold emphasis by me on last sentence):

Moving Guide

When Not to Move:

Special Rules

Topics in the Regional Forums area can contain the following (without being moved):

--o General discussion on issues relating to that relevant region

--o Immigration Discussion of topics specific to that region (ex: special embassy procedures, help on finding local doctors, etc)

--o Off Topic Discussion intended to be of interest to the specific regional forum participants (cultural discussion, local food, travel, etc)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

El Buscador, The law doesn't go in to effect until the end of this month (July 29). So I would wager the police were questioning those Hispanics for another reason.

Good catch on the date my friend, I was waiting to see if EL BUSCADOR is even aware of the date especially since he is from ARIZONA himself. This just comes to show that he is pulling the CARD on this since the law is not in effect as of yet.

Timeline

Yes, agreed. Tip of the hat to the mods for "hands off" approach in letting this cantankerous discussion proceed in the orderly manner it is. Steve really puts the hot topics out here, and will continue to pummel us into submission until we view the world the way he does.

That all aside, here is the bottom line: Those who are here illegally must leave, and

Get in the back of the line and wait like everyone else. :star:

black-friday-nonsense3.jpg

Is that BLACK FRIDAY ? or a new PS3 game being released ? lolz

Timeline

I know in the future when I am in Arizona that I may be stopped and questioned so I got myself one of these:

http://travel.state...._card_3926.html

I believe that this is substantial evidence that I am an AMERICAN, I dont mind being stopped and questioned knowing that the authorities are doing their job, I served my country to make sure that the safety, LAWs and freedom of everyone living LEGALLY in the UNITED STATES are preserved.

Edited by -Jason and Rose-

you may wish to reread the following (bold emphasis by me on last sentence):

I don't see how, Mexicans coming here for a better life. Right now as it stands, if you are poor and from Mexico, there is no legal pathway to immigrate here, Or, short of marrying a Kano. We've got plenty of Filipinas who sought out a Kano to specifically immigrate here for a better life. Most Pinays here share more in common with the Mexicans wanting to immigrate to the U.S. than with their own Kano husbands, has anything to do with the following (bold emphasis by you on the last sentence.) But hey your the Mod, at lest I'm free to use the same type of language/ format in the Mexico regional forum or any other regional forum.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So let me ask this of you, do you believe it's OK to be here in the United States Illegaly ? if not then why is this a bad law ? it only mirrors federal law that is hardly enforced and creates an oppertunity to relieve border states that are forced to pay for legal consul and tax money for people that should't even be here because they choose to go against US law's :bonk:

It's not ok, but it's not the big deal that many here in America, particularly during this economic recession make it out to be. Immigrants, both documented and undocumented have contributed both to our economy and to our country. We should recognize those who are willing to work hard for a better life here instead of vilifying them as criminals because they had no legal avenue to immigrate here. Our immigration system is broken and needs to be fixed. However, we must look for pragmatic solutions and not draconian laws that will compromise our constitutional rights and liberties.

I happen to live in Arizona. My wife is often mistaken for being Mexican. There was a period of several months (almost 6 months) when we applied for her 10 year Green Card, where her 2 year, conditional Green Card had expired, even though the USCIS sent her a letter saying that it was extended for an additional year until her 10 year card arrived in the mail. Now imagine if she were stopped for a routine traffic violation while all she had was an expired 2 year GC. Local law enforcement would have no way of knowing whether she was telling the truth beyond contacting immigration and waiting for them to clear her name. In the meantime, according to the new Arizona Law, she would be detained without bail. Most people who support the law, don't understand that such an issue could possibly happen. They don't realize that local law enforcement does not have the authority or resources to verify someone's legal status in a case where a legal alien like my wife was in. They don't see that far into the potential legal problems with this law, yet is very clear for anyone wishing to read it - if you cannot provide documentation proving you are here legally, you can be detained by law enforcement, without bail, and indefinitely until the USCIS clears your good name. And anyone here who has dealt with the speed of the USCIS can see that such a detention could last for quite some time.

Timeline

It's not ok, but it's not the big deal that many here in America, particularly during this economic recession make it out to be. Immigrants, both documented and undocumented have contributed both to our economy and to our country. We should recognize those who are willing to work hard for a better life here instead of vilifying them as criminals because they had no legal avenue to immigrate here. Our immigration system is broken and needs to be fixed. However, we must look for pragmatic solutions and not draconian laws that will compromise our constitutional rights and liberties.

I happen to live in Arizona. My wife is often mistaken for being Mexican. There was a period of several months (almost 6 months) when we applied for her 10 year Green Card, where her 2 year, conditional Green Card had expired, even though the USCIS sent her a letter saying that it was extended for an additional year until her 10 year card arrived in the mail. Now imagine if she were stopped for a routine traffic violation while all she had was an expired 2 year GC. Local law enforcement would have no way of knowing whether she was telling the truth beyond contacting immigration and waiting for them to clear her name. In the meantime, according to the new Arizona Law, she would be detained without bail. Most people who support the law, don't understand that such an issue could possibly happen. They don't realize that local law enforcement does not have the authority or resources to verify someone's legal status in a case where a legal alien like my wife was in. They don't see that far into the potential legal problems with this law, yet is very clear for anyone wishing to read it - if you cannot provide documentation proving you are here legally, you can be detained by law enforcement, without bail, and indefinitely until the USCIS clears your good name. And anyone here who has dealt with the speed of the USCIS can see that such a detention could last for quite some time.

If you don't like the law in Arizona then its time for you to find a new homestate.

BOTTOM LINE, A Law is a LAW, simply abide by it or get out. I said several times, I have no problem with anyone as long as they are LEGAL.

My cousin used to work at a Hospital in San Ysirdro, at the hospital there were many Illegal Mexicans going there for treatment, when they were asked for any documents they became irate and could not speak english. Is this fair ? I am UNION, I have to work 180 hrs every month to qualify for medical benenfits and these illegals come here and get it for free.....hmmmm its just so wrong, i don't care if you are a Filipino that has overstayed their Visa, Canadian or a Latino but if you are illegal then you need to get the flock out of here.

Ive seen protests and rallies where illegals would walk in front of City Hall and demand rights, how do they have the nerve to protest and demand rights when they are not even legal, I can go on and on and give my truthful feelings about this but I would probably be banned with the things that I would say. Instead I will refrain from doing so and stay decent.

I know in the future when I am in Arizona that I may be stopped and questioned so I got myself one of these:

http://travel.state...._card_3926.html

I believe that this is substantial evidence that I am an AMERICAN, I dont mind being stopped and questioned knowing that the authorities are doing their job, I served my country to make sure that the safety, LAWs and freedom of everyone living LEGALLY in the UNITED STATES are preserved.

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.