SweetHome_Alabama

List of Questions Consulate asks

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have tried to compile a list from other VJ interviews and these are the questions I see the most. Feel free to add to this Topic!!

1. Where did you meet your wife?

2. Who sent the first message?

3. What did you like about her profile that interested you?

4. How long before you became interested in each other beyond friends?

5. When did did you first meet in person?

6. Where did she stay?

7. How long did she stay and Why 2 weeks etc?

8. What is her usual holiday/vacation?

9. when was her second visit?

10. How many times has she visited you?

11. How long did the visit last each trip and dates

12. How come she has not been back to visit yet?

13. Is she a Muslim?

14. Why did you not marry a Moroccan girl?

15. Why do you love your wife?

16. Why do you love each other?

17. What do you have in common?

18. What do you talk about, when you talk?

19. What do you love about your wife/fiance

20. What do you like least about your wife/fiance?

21. What are you and your wife/fiance plans in the future?

22. What does your wife/fiance do in her spare time?

23. What is her hobbies or interests (same as question 21.)

24. What work has your wife/fiance done?

25. What is your wife/fiance work/occupation?

26. What does she do in her work?

27. When did she divorce her ex-husband?

28. How much child support does he pay her each month?

29. What is the childrens ages?

30. Does she have siblings?

31. What does the siblings do for work/living?

32. Where do siblings live?

33. Do you have siblings that live in USA?

34. What is her mother's name?

35. What does her mother do for work/ a living?

36. What does the father do for work?

37. Where does mother and father live?

38. Do they approve of your marriage?

39. Does your parents know and approve of your marriage?

40. Does her children talk to you? Approve?

41. How old was your wife when her parents divorced?

42. How old was your wife when her mother/father died?

43. What elementary, middle, and high school did she go to or attend?

44. What do you intend to do in USA for work?

45. When do you plan to go to USA?

46. Do you live on your own?

47. What is your work now?

48. Did you go to college?

49. Did your wife go to college and what degree?

50. How does she pay for this college?

51. How long has she worked at her job?

52. Where does the ex-husband/wife live?

53. Does he/she see the kids?

54. Have you talked to other women on-line?

55. Have you had other girlfriends on-line?

56. Why did you marry a much older woman?

57. Where does your wife live? Home, apartment, mobile home, relatives?

58. What state does she live and her address?

59. Can you locate where you will live and the state on this map? Shows him a map!

60. Can you write her name for us ....here on this line and sign it.

61. Has her children or family visited Morocco?

62. What are ages of children and what grades in school?

63. Will you divorce your wife, and take a Moroccan wife?

64. Why did you marry a non-Muslim?

65. Why did you not marry a Muslim wife?

66. What is her religion?

67. Did you have a Moroccan Party?

68. What did you do when she visited?

69. Has she been arrested? If so give details

70. Where was your wife born? City and state

ASK at the end if they need to see the evidence you have brought. (Photos, chat logs, Phone records, e-mails, etc)

No simple yes or no answers!! Give details and explainations with interest!!

Watch your I's and use WE's instead...This shows you are working together as a team and he is not thinking of only himself!!

Please add to this list.... Im sure I left out questions.

Edited by Lisa_Mohammed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I have tried to compile a list from other VJ interviews and these are the questions I see the most. Feel free to add to this Topic!!

1. Where did you meet your wife?

2. Who sent the first message?

3. What did you like about her profile that interested you?

4. How long before you became interested in each other beyond friends?

5. When did did you first meet in person?

6. Where did she stay?

7. How long did she stay and Why 2 weeks etc?

8. What is her usual holiday/vacation?

9. when was her second visit?

10. How many times has she visited you?

11. How long did the visit last each trip and dates

12. How come she has not been back to visit yet?

13. Is she a Muslim?

14. Why did you not marry a Moroccan girl?

15. Why do you love your wife?

16. Why do you love each other?

17. What do you have in common?

18. What do you talk about, when you talk?

19. What do you love about your wife/fiance

20. What do you like least about your wife/fiance?

21. What are you and your wife/fiance plans in the future?

22. What does your wife/fiance do in her spare time?

23. What is her hobbies or interests (same as question 21.)

24. What work has your wife/fiance done?

25. What is your wife/fiance work/occupation?

26. What does she do in her work?

27. When did she divorce her ex-husband?

28. How much child support does he pay her each month?

29. What is the childrens ages?

30. Does she have siblings?

31. What does the siblings do for work/living?

32. Where do siblings live?

33. Do you have siblings that live in USA?

34. What is her mother's name?

35. What does her mother do for work/ a living?

36. What does the father do for work?

37. Where does mother and father live?

38. Do they approve of your marriage?

39. Does your parents know and approve of your marriage?

40. Does her children talk to you? Approve?

41. How old was your wife when her parents divorced?

42. How old was your wife when her mother/father died?

43. What elementary, middle, and high school did she go to or attend?

44. What do you intend to do in USA for work?

45. When do you plan to go to USA?

46. Do you live on your own?

47. What is your work now?

48. Did you go to college?

49. Did your wife go to college and what degree?

50. How does she pay for this college?

51. How long has she worked at her job?

52. Where does the ex-husband/wife live?

53. Does he/she see the kids?

54. Have you talked to other women on-line?

55. Have you had other girlfriends on-line?

56. Why did you marry a much older woman?

57. Where does your wife live? Home, apartment, mobile home, relatives?

58. What state does she live and her address?

59. Can you locate where you will live and the state on this map? Shows him a map!

60. Can you write her name for us ....here on this line and sign it.

61. Has her children or family visited Morocco?

62. What are ages of children and what grades in school?

63. Will you divorce your wife, and take a Moroccan wife?

64. Why did you marry a non-Muslim?

65. Why did you not marry a Muslim wife?

66. What is her religion?

67. Did you have a Moroccan Party?

68. What did you do when she visited?

69. Has she been arrested? If so give details

70. Where was your wife born? City and state

ASK at the end if they need to see the evidence you have brought. (Photos, chat logs, Phone records, e-mails, etc)

No simple yes or no answers!! Give details and explainations with interest!!

Watch your I's and use WE's instead...This shows you are working together as a team and he is not thinking of only himself!!

Please add to this list.... Im sure I left out questions.

Hello Lisa,

Thank you so very much. You have done marvellously well to post these questions on this site. I must say, therefore, you are such a darling and your husband must be proud of you. My K1 visa interview comes up on July 28, 2010 and I suspected I could be asked any of those questions. I am very ready and confidence for the interview though, because we(my fiancee and I) know everything about each other. She is the USC, the petitioner and I am the beneficiary. Once more, thanks so much for the post.

03-22-2010: Form I-129F sent

03-24-2010: Form I-129F received & NOA1

03-26-2010: Touched

05-14-2010: Form I-129F Approved

06-01-2010: NVC sent package to Embassy

06-03-2010: Embassy received package from NVC

06-08-2010: Packet 3 received

06-12-2010: Packet 3 sent to Embassy

06-29-2010: Packet 4 received

07-30-2010: Interview date

Ephesians 3:20 "God is Able to do all things exceedingly abundantly above, according to the power(faith and trust in Him) that worketh in us"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thread moved from the Removal Of Conditions forum to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion forum as the Consulates are not involved in the Removal of Conditions process, only the initial fiancee and spousal visa parts of the immigration process.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

One thing I can add is for the beneficiary to refer to the petitioner by name, instead of using she and he. Calling a person by name is a technique used in interrogation and hostage negotiation to humanize the victim, and in the case of an interview, shows closeness and humanizes both the petitioner and beneficiary. It's hard to think of someone as just another case when you keep hearing their name over and over.

Also, show emotion, act like yourself, and don't memorize info to the point of sounding rehearsed or robotic. This can cause a big red flag.

:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

CO asked Wael what was my favorite food. I was also asked the same question at our interview.

The questions you have listed are fantastic!!! Just about sums it up Lisa!!! Thanks for the list

and i'm sure it will help others.:thumbs:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you Lisa for this list. There are soooo many questions they can ask including dollar amounts from the Petitioners job. I also saw on VJ where they asked someone how much the Petitioner pays for rent each month. Our interview is on the 15TH and hubby and I will continue to go over your list as well as the list of questions I made up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Everyone reading this thread should thoroughly study the Embassy Info & Embassy Reviews for their particular embassy or consulate. Sometimes, the first and only question asked may be "Why isn't your fiance(e) here?" The fun could then begin, if the beneficiary is kicked out of the interview thereafter.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Everyone reading this thread should thoroughly study the Embassy Info & Embassy Reviews for their particular embassy or consulate. Sometimes, the first and only question asked may be "Why isn't your fiance(e) here?" The fun could then begin, if the beneficiary is kicked out of the interview thereafter.

I totally AGREE with you! First off, in our case, I have young children ages 13, 15, 24....Their dad would NEVER sign permission for our kids to go live over seas in a foreign country or to obtain a passport. They have their education, friends and relatives here in the USA. We do not want to disrupt their lives and education for our lovesake. I am their sole provider. Their father can't help himself and lives with his aging parents and chooses not to pay child support, more less care for the children. I honestly do not know what my children would do without me. To be honest, (I know their father loves them, but he doesn't make good choices in life and is an alcoholic and on Methadone).....I would trust my new husband raising the kids more than I would their father. I know where M'hammed's heart is and his character and I have seen first hand how he has sacrificed and handled situations and advice he has given me concerning the children. I would love to be in Morocco with my husband and new family but at this time I can't with minor children, but we have discussed the possibility one day in the future if my husband wants to return to be with his family if our circumstances allows it, then we would. It would be selfish of me not to go when my husband has given up part of his life with his family to be here with me and my family. So one day we may be face with some tough decisions. Then again, he may love it here and never want to move back. I know he loves his country. He tries to make the best of bad situations. I'm sure these CO's are smart enough to know that women can't just leave their good paying jobs and children behind. There are some women who have walked out on their children, But I could NEVER. My kids depend on me......so this will be my husband's answer!! and it's the TRUTH.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I totally AGREE with you! First off, in our case, I have young children ages 13, 15, 24....Their dad would NEVER sign permission for our kids to go live over seas in a foreign country or to obtain a passport. They have their education, friends and relatives here in the USA. We do not want to disrupt their lives and education for our lovesake. I am their sole provider. Their father can't help himself and lives with his aging parents and chooses not to pay child support, more less care for the children. I honestly do not know what my children would do without me. To be honest, (I know their father loves them, but he doesn't make good choices in life and is an alcoholic and on Methadone).....I would trust my new husband raising the kids more than I would their father. I know where M'hammed's heart is and his character and I have seen first hand how he has sacrificed and handled situations and advice he has given me concerning the children. I would love to be in Morocco with my husband and new family but at this time I can't with minor children, but we have discussed the possibility one day in the future if my husband wants to return to be with his family if our circumstances allows it, then we would. It would be selfish of me not to go when my husband has given up part of his life with his family to be here with me and my family. So one day we may be face with some tough decisions. Then again, he may love it here and never want to move back. I know he loves his country. He tries to make the best of bad situations. I'm sure these CO's are smart enough to know that women can't just leave their good paying jobs and children behind. There are some women who have walked out on their children, But I could NEVER. My kids depend on me......so this will be my husband's answer!! and it's the TRUTH.

I think TBone was referring to the fact that the consulate at Guayaquil, Ecuador "requires" that the USC be present at interview, or they demand a second interview with the USC present, which, as you point out from your circumstances, isn't always immediately possible. I think the point is, in addition to considering the questions you posted, potential interviewees should also carefully read the reviews of their particular consulate, to get a feel for the type of people that work there and their attitudes, and consulate specific info.. ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I think TBone was referring to the fact that the consulate at Guayaquil, Ecuador "requires" that the USC be present at interview, or they demand a second interview with the USC present, which, as you point out from your circumstances, isn't always immediately possible. I think the point is, in addition to considering the questions you posted, potential interviewees should also carefully read the reviews of their particular consulate, to get a feel for the type of people that work there and their attitudes, and consulate specific info.
Si, man!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

Thanks Lisa!!!!! I printed the list out. Last night while online, I went over all the questions with Mohammed LOL. He was like surely they don't ask all these questions do they?wacko.gif The poor guy can't even hardly remember the day I was born, much less 70 other questions to follow. I wanna be in Casablanca so bad right now, I swear, I have looked at airline tickets every other day for me and Liz to go, even if just for a 10 days or heck I don't care a week would be fine too. I am a very random girl, and once I get something into my mind, I tend to move on it pretty quickly LOL, but I am gonna try to hold on until Ramadan is over and the weather gets a little cooler.

Again, thanks Lisa.....

Timeline

Thanks Lisa!!!!! I printed the list out. Last night while online, I went over all the questions with Mohammed LOL. He was like surely they don't ask all these questions do they?wacko.gif The poor guy can't even hardly remember the day I was born, much less 70 other questions to follow. I wanna be in Casablanca so bad right now, I swear, I have looked at airline tickets every other day for me and Liz to go, even if just for a 10 days or heck I don't care a week would be fine too. I am a very random girl, and once I get something into my mind, I tend to move on it pretty quickly LOL, but I am gonna try to hold on until Ramadan is over and the weather gets a little cooler.

Again, thanks Lisa.....

Darlene, I saw where you tried to call and I did try to call back a few times. We keep missing one another. Im up late if you see this.

You all are welcome and that is what we are here for, to support one another. I was hoping others would add to this incase there are questions we have not thought of. We have a good list going and some helpful information, so thanks to everyone!!

Timeline

My fiancee was asked this.... "tell me everything you know about her from the day she was born". What elementary school did she go to? What high school? Show me on the map where that high school is. Are her parents still married? How old was she when they divorced? Who are they married to now? What state do they live in? Do they approve of you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.