Usui Takumi

Wife needs a car in the next year or so...

67 posts in this topic

I'm not necessarily talking about mind games here. She likes the Mini for looks only. I'm trying to find reasons why she might like the Fiesta better or at least level the field.........

Judgment about things unknown is NOT welcome here. Thanks.

Hey Man, my whole point here is.. You don’t need to find "excuses" to tell her that she CAN'T have the mini cooper right now. just be bold and tell her, Honey you can’t at this moment. But when WE are bringing a better income, we can re-evaluate/re-consider.

The moment you start looking for "reasons" you are letting the option open.

Some Times, we just have to say no.. is not a bad thing,

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm not necessarily talking about mind games here. She likes the Mini for looks only. I'm trying to find reasons why she might like the Fiesta better or at least level the field.........

Here's an idea - I like that the Mini looks different. I also like that Scions look unique as well. I went and test drove a Scion box thing and loved how it handled. Shifting was super easy. Minis are $30k brand new, Scions are $18k brand new. My bet is that the Scions would be less expensive to maintain and repair.

Either way, it sounds like your wife wants to be spoiled. A Ford Fiesta isn't going to make her happy. I suggest researching some other cars so that you can meet in the middle. Good strategy to start negotiations with the Ford Fiesta though. ;)

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

To Sousuke: ddo you guys have different ideas of what is 'affordable' to you at this point in time? If so, why?

No, we are in the same area. She'd want the Mini used at this point, but as Smoke mentioned repair costs will be pretty outrageous.

I wanted a Mini too and my husband told me "no, they're too expensive" and when I saw for myself, that was the end of that. Tell her to stop getting her knickers in a twist. :whistle:

Filed: Timeline

Why not simply set a realistic budget for the vehicle purchase and then take a look at what's available within that budget? That's how we have bought the last two cars - first her's (in early 2008) and then mine (just now).

Yeap, same here.. and also I used the 5-year cost of ownership data provided by Edmunds (i think.. or maybe kbb) to compare.

Timeline

Yes. This is a problem that needs to be fixed, so get started NOW.

:o You are horrible...and I mean that in the same way I say it to my husband when he and I have minute disagreements that don't matter.

A happy wife is a happy husband. Indulge her in some way. You're going to have to compromise. If you want to have the Ford Fiesta then let her have her own car. Maybe if you have to share a car than you can give her a monthly pampering allowance in exchange for settling for the Ford Fiesta.

I agree that a used Mini might be pricy to keep running. I'm glad someone else suggested the Scion as well.

Filed: Timeline

I wanted a Mini too and my husband told me "no, they're too expensive" and when I saw for myself, that was the end of that. Tell her to stop getting her knickers in a twist. :whistle:

:lol: my wife wanted an audi...any audi... because the logo was pretty. we went to the dealer, she had one look at the tag and we left.

No, we are in the same area. She'd want the Mini used at this point, but as Smoke mentioned repair costs will be pretty outrageous.

Sousuke, with all due respect.. I dont know you nor I know your wife. I am sure you both are aiming for better and greater things in the future..

Don’t look for excuses to tell your wife you can’t afford it right now. That is a major problem in a relationship. Don’t lie, don’t look for excuses.. Honestly is important..

The repair, parts, gas, car wash are way to expensive for this car.. These are only excuses

She is not going to leave you if you don’t give her what she wants, is she?

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Tell your wife that you will buy her the Ford Fiesta. You won't buy her anything else. END OF STORY. Be a man.

Edited by IndigoSkies

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Timeline

Tell your wife that you will buy her the Ford Fiesta. You won't buy her anything else. END OF STORY. Be a man.

You might want to wear an athletic protector if you choose to talk to her like that. :bonk::bonk:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry, can't help you on this one Sousuke.

Not only do I not like Ford, but I just bought a Mini :blush:

But if you do buy a Mini Cooper, buy after 2007.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)