Nina~

American claiming to be hunting bin Laden arrested

15 posts in this topic

PESHAWAR, Pakistan – An American armed with a pistol and a 40-inch (102-centimeter) sword was detained in northern Pakistan and told investigators he was on a solo mission to kill Osama bin Laden, a police officer said Tuesday.

The man, identified as 52-year-old Californian construction worker Gary Brooks Faulkner, said he wanted to cross over into the nearby Afghan province of Nuristan because he had "heard bin Laden was living there", according to officer Mumtaz Ahmad Khan.

Faulkner was picked up in a forest in the Chitral region late on Sunday, he said.

"We initially laughed when he told us that he wanted to kill Osama bin Laden," said Khan. But he said when officers seized the pistol, the sword, a dagger and night-vision equipment, "our suspicion grew."

He was questioned Tuesday by intelligence officials in Peshawar, the main northwestern city.

Faulkner told police he visited Pakistan seven times, and this was his third trip to Chitral, which is a mountainous region that attracts adventurous Western tourists and hikers. Unlike much of northwestern Pakistan, it is considered relatively safe for foreigners.

Chitral and Nuristan are among several rumored hiding places for the al-Qaida leader, who has evaded a massive U.S. effort to capture him since 2001. The focus of that hunt has been along the Afghan-Pakistan border.

Bin Laden is accused of being behind the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States, as well other terrorist acts. Washington has offered a bounty of $25 million for information leading to his capture.

Khan said Faulkner was also carrying a book containing Christian verses and teachings.

When asked why he thought he had a chance of tracing bin Laden, Faulkner replied, "God is with me, and I am confident I will be successful in killing him," said Khan.

Faulkner arrived in the Chitrali town of Bumburate on June 3 and stayed in a hotel there.

He was assigned a police guard, as is quite common for foreigners visiting remote parts of Pakistan. When he checked out without informing police, officers began hunting for him, said Khan.

U.S. Embassy spokesman Richard Snelsire said the mission had received notification from Pakistani officials that an American citizen had been arrested. He said embassy officials were trying to meet the man and confirm his identity.

link

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What's the bounty now ? 5 mil ? 10 mil ?

If he knows his stuff, he's got a chance.

'not getting caught by the po-po', though, is sure sign he not 'know his stuff'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

50 million.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What's the bounty now ? 5 mil ? 10 mil ?

If he knows his stuff, he's got a chance.

'not getting caught by the po-po', though, is sure sign he not 'know his stuff'.

A 52-year-old construction worker from California armed with a sword and handgun who thinks he can behead Bin Laden isn't someone I'd bet on for completing that mission impossible.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

alien - oh - I'd bet, just on the double down negative.

Is sad, though, he didn't build a krewe of local Christians in Pakistan.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

lol

52 years old = old bored geezer with nothing to do

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

lol

I guess racial and religious discrimination are taboo, but age discrimination is perfectly acceptable. :whistle:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I guess racial and religious discrimination are taboo, but age discrimination is perfectly acceptable. :whistle:

52 is pretty young - I was still doing the discos and successfully too.

How would he get him back through customs though ? Unless his head will do - that would go in hand luggage and look like a word cup souvenir on x-ray

I think the US gov should put the 25 mill in escrow with BP then we know they will pay up

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I think the CIA should upgrade his weapons, :blink: and get him cut loose :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

US has all the weapons in the world but they are useless if they can't find him..

I reckon he is in the US and posting as John Kerry - here's the evidence

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/John_Kerry_headshot_with_US_flag.jpg/387px-John_Kerry_headshot_with_US_flag.jpg

moresheep400100.jpg

I think the CIA should upgrade his weapons, :blink: and get him cut loose :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

word

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

52 is hardly old. :blink:

This dude obviously has a touch of teh crazy.

Edited by trillium13
24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What do they expect? There IS a reward, you know. Give him a machine gun and send him back to the hunt

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla