Obama 2012

Disgusting. Obama Officially Using BP Oil Spill As The Catalyst To Shove Cap & Trade Down Our Throats

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
public transportation in the US is not equipped to deal w/ consumers having to pay the true costs of fossil fuels. those living outside large metro areas would suffer immensely & immediatley if gas shot up to $12-$15 a gallon. then we'd all get hammered at the grocery store.

Nobody is talking about $12-$15 a gallon. But I do believe that preserving our natural riches such as the Gulf and it's shores ought to be worth a buck or two. Oh, and those in fly-over country would suffer so much largely because they drive cars that get, what, maybe 10-12 miles to the gallon. Drive something that gets you twice the mileage and $5.00 a gallon suddenly won't make a first difference in your wallet.

Nobody is talking about $12-$15 a gallon. But I do believe that preserving our natural riches such as the Gulf and it's shores ought to be worth a buck or two. Oh, and those in fly-over country would suffer so much largely because they drive cars that get, what, maybe 10-12 miles to the gallon. Drive something that gets you twice the mileage and $5.00 a gallon suddenly won't make a first difference in your wallet.

$12-$15 would be close to the 'true cost', $5 isn't. preseving our natural riches is worth a buck or two. its also worth excepting help from foreign countries, when its offered not 2 months later. in an effort to save face when our leadership drops the ball. all my vehicles do get 1.5 to 2 times what you describe, except one. the 09 cobalt i bought to drive to & from work get 33mpg on the highway. you know what doesn't get good fuel mileage? all those trucks delivering foods & goods to the consumers across the country. that will figure into what we all pay, coastal or fly-over.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why is the gas in the US of a lower grade than it is elsewhere?

That's partly why US cars get horrible gas mileage.

another part is the 10% ethanol (and in some places 20%). :whistle:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In the UK - you can get gas mileage up to about 75 miles a gallon. Of course the gallons are ridiculously expensive - but when you've gotten used to a "good" car getting about 35mpg, it's quite a surprise.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

In the UK - you can get gas mileage up to about 75 miles a gallon. Of course the gallons are ridiculously expensive - but when you've gotten used to a "good" car getting about 35mpg, it's quite a surprise.

Have you seen cars in the UK though? :wacko:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

If not now, when? How big a disaster is it going to take for the last American to pull their head out of their rear end? How big a disaster will it take for America to say NO to exploration w/o regards to risks and consequences? How far do we have to fall behind other developed nations on furture energy sources for America to understand that oil ain't the future? If not now, when?

so you are advocating nuclear?

finally, something we agree on.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

You do need to take into account as well that a US gallon is significantly smaller than an Imperial gallon, which also adds to the differential between mpg figures of US and British cars.

Have you seen cars in the UK though? :wacko:

Yes. I owned one. A 1968 Morris Minor that got something like 40mpg, which is pretty impressive for a 40 year old car.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

$12-$15 would be close to the 'true cost', $5 isn't.

Says who?

you know what doesn't get good fuel mileage? all those trucks delivering foods & goods to the consumers across the country. that will figure into what we all pay, coastal or fly-over.

Well, what it'll do is food that's hauled across the country more expensive than locally produced items. The consumer will likely respond choosing locally produced food over stuff that was hauled thousands of miles to reach the store near you. Less trucking of stuff and hence less fuel consumption (aside from less road congestion). Long distance hauling is done in a much more fuel efficient way on the rail anyways - I forgot the exact number but you can haul a ton of stuff several hundred miles on a single gallon of fuel. Trucks (and cars and buses) can be alternatively powered by natural gas. That ain't some futuristic stuff either - it's done all over the globe already.

Bottom line is that we depend on oil because we choose to. It's becoming ever more clear that it's the wrong choice.

Says who?

i'm guessing based on the subsidies given to offset the costs + the amount of foriegn oil we buy. it sure isn't $5

Well, what it'll do is food that's hauled across the country more expensive than locally produced items. The consumer will likely respond choosing locally produced food over stuff that was hauled thousands of miles to reach the store near you. Less trucking of stuff and hence less fuel consumption (aside from less road congestion). Long distance hauling is done in a much more fuel efficient way on the rail anyways - I forgot the exact number but you can haul a ton of stuff several hundred miles on a single gallon of fuel. Trucks (and cars and buses) can be alternatively powered by natural gas. That ain't some futuristic stuff either - it's done all over the globe already.

Bottom line is that we depend on oil because we choose to. It's becoming ever more clear that it's the wrong choice.

the produce you buy at the grocery store that isn't locally grown, & is most likely imported. again, good luck trucking it in from port of entry or rail yard using a hybrid or natural gas vehicle. there isn't enough fuel efficent trucks out there yet.

bottom line until we have affordable means to operate w/o oil we are not going to break our dependence. it will take time to get there & doubling to tripling the cost of things we all need & want immediately to fund program to push something that won't happen for 20-40 years is not the way to go.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'll love my bicycle when they start requiring registration for them to help pay for the bike paths that are made for them on the road AND when they start obeying the traffic laws instead of riding around like jerk offs who think they own the road.

As if motorists don't act that way...

Sorry for attacking your logic, but you are attacking the President's proposal to go green and at the same time want the bike riders to pay for the 2-3 ft paths. Doesn't make sense.

Attacking Liberty? Wow... :lol:

A 3 year-4 month-1week journey ends on 09/20/2013, and a new one begins!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

thats a good question, i can't answer. i use 93 octane in all of my vehicles..lawnmower & weed eater too.

Higher octane doesn't improve gas mileage. I wouldn't be putting it in anything that doesn't specifically call for it.

thats a good question, i can't answer. i use 93 octane in all of my vehicles..lawnmower & weed eater too.

93 is the stock standard unleaded in AUS. Premium runs at 97 there.

hehe so true.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.