Obama 2012

Disgusting. Obama Officially Using BP Oil Spill As The Catalyst To Shove Cap & Trade Down Our Throats

136 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you contradict yourself, obvious FAIL.

Anyway, when more people start using bikes in similar numbers than cars, then complain about it.

How did I contradict myself? Cmon now...

lol, so bikes should be given paths for free and be able to ignore laws until their numbers match? Now that's stupid.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

The hot and cold expansion/compression through the seasons and then the Semi trucks driving over it ;)

Well it's funny you mention Semis because in AUS [yeah I know] trucks must have three axles at the rear to alleviate pressure on the road. Not in the US of A of course. The private industry gets to call the shots here, the rest of us just pay for their damage and profit; more often than not with our lives. Driving on I95 the other day was like driving on a test track for GM.

Which is funny because many have said on here well we Americas don't like mass transit, we drive. So then why are your roads so crappy? With many downright dangerous.

What the hell does that have to do with anything???? You said I was wrong, and proceeded to go on about first world fuels. That chemist that wrote the book I read a while ago (and I used to define octane rating) must be an idiot... No, not a Mexican author either.

What's the octane of fuel in Mexico?

Pemex_Gas_Pump.jpg

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

Well it's funny you mention Semis because in AUS [yeah I know] trucks must have three axles at the rear to alleviate pressure on the road. Not in the US of A of course. The private industry gets to call the shots here, the rest of us just pay for their damage and profit; more often than not with our lives. Driving on I95 the other day was like driving on a test track for GM.

Which is funny because many have said on here well we Americas don't like mass transit, we drive. So then why are your roads so crappy? With many downright dangerous.

*shrugs* I live in one of the two state's that manage to take good care of their roads...

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

*shrugs* I live in one of the two state's that manage to take good care of their roads...

Go drive on a few roads in AUS and then come tell me what yo think of roads here. Granted, Texas does have better roads than most other states.

Go drive on a few roads in AUS and then come tell me what yo think of roads here. Granted, Texas does have better roads than most other states.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

How did I contradict myself? Cmon now...

lol, so bikes should be given paths for free and be able to ignore laws until their numbers match? Now that's stupid.

How much toll do bikes take on roads? almost none, because they are barely used... How much do they pollute? How expensive is a bike?

If you are bitching about having an extra ft. in your lane, that's just sad... I can see it now: The DNMV or dept. of non-motored vehicles...

A 3 year-4 month-1week journey ends on 09/20/2013, and a new one begins!

Go drive on a few roads in AUS and then come tell me what you think of roads here. Granted, Texas does have better roads than most other states.

Heck, I will even challenge you to find the rusted out bridge or concrete paved road over there. Then also factor the zero ozone filtered sun that hits the roads there, yet their condition is still immaculate. And that does not factor their proper adequate marking, signage, street-lights etc.

Now come have a look at the bridges around DC. AKA The capital [heart] of the world's superpower.

Edited by Booyah!

Timeline

Go drive on a few roads in AUS and then come tell me what you think of roads here. Granted, Texas does have better roads than most other states.

Heck, I will even challenge you to find the rusted out bridge or concrete paved road over there. Then also factor the zero ozone filtered sun that hits the roads there yet their condition is still immaculate. And that does not factor their proper adequate marking, signage, street-lights etc.

Now come have a look at the bridges around DC. AKA The capital [heart] of the world's superpower.

I lived in the Twin Cities for 3 1/2 years. There was a major interstate bridge collapse when I was there.... So I can only imagine :lol: -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-35W_Mississippi_River_bridge#Collapse --

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What's the octane of fuel in Mexico?

Pemex_Gas_Pump.jpg

Again, what the hell does that have to do with my definition of octane rating? Or why is it wrong? Because of the rating of Mexican fuel?

Aaaaaaaaah...choo! Sorry, that Benadryl does not help against idiocy.

A 3 year-4 month-1week journey ends on 09/20/2013, and a new one begins!

Again, what the hell does that have to do with my definition of octane rating? Or why is it wrong? Because of the rating of Mexican fuel?

Aaaaaaaaah...choo! Sorry, that Benadryl does not help against idiocy.

Okay so you have gone from lawyer to Engineer/scientist.

High octane is better, hence its extensive use in first world countries and in sports cars. Standard vehicles on the other hand may not benefit because if you are idling in traffic, you are simply burning better quality fuel. However, you will notice the difference in responsiveness and power. It also comes down to engine design, some vehicles are simply not engineered to make use of the higher octane.

PS Benadryl also does not help bias.

Edited by Booyah!

The hot and cold expansion/compression through the seasons and then the Semi trucks driving over it ;)

Yes.

If you're expanding roads and creating bike paths on the roads, then the bike riders need to pay for it.

Everyone's willing to come up with ideas, start news things, but no one is willing to pay for what they want. They always expect someone else to foot the bill.

No one is creating dedicated bike paths and I haven't seen any expansions - just a few lines painted on existing roads - as I said, the cost for bikes to use roads is negligible and not worth the admin fees to collect. Try again.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In the UK - you can get gas mileage up to about 75 miles a gallon. Of course the gallons are ridiculously expensive - but when you've gotten used to a "good" car getting about 35mpg, it's quite a surprise.

The British gallon is 25 percent larger than the US gallon, so 35 mpg in Britain is 28 mpg in the US.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Higher octane doesn't improve gas mileage. I wouldn't be putting it in anything that doesn't specifically call for it.

who said i used to for fuel mileage?

Yup, the octane rating only means that it ignites better in a controlled way, rather than exploding. In reality, it is very likely that it will burn a lot faster if it has a higher rating.

its debateable weather it improves performance or not. it burns better & cleaner. it helps prevent pre detonation which will kill your engine. most vehicles use platinum plugs & all have fuel pressure regulators...blows the more energy needed & more fuel burned arguement right out the window doesn't it?

Bottom line, we need to rethink our definitions as to what is and isn't acceptable taking into account all the things we now understand about the true cost of the things we consume. Transporting produce from exotic locations when it can be produced by local growers is neither essential nor bottom line cost effective now we know that oil is a finite resource.

Of course there will always be a need to bring things in that are not available locally, but that's the point, we do not need to transport many of the things that we do transport currently - it's a wasteful system and being wasteful is 21st century man's biggest vice - curb that vice and there will be plenty of fuel for years to come.

i used bottom line because the post i responded to did. i'm all for reducing imports, but until the feds do it...we'll be trucking goods from coast to coast.

bottom line: :) we will be dependent on oil for the rest of our lifetimes. the technology to do w/o just isn't there yet. moving forward towards a better solution is not going to be accomplished by taxing the hell out of the enery industry...coz that gets passed on to us. i don't want to pay 2-3 times what i currently do for products. and many could not afford it. we don't need to dream up another reason to subsidize people that can't afford to pay for it either. plus, washington will waste the money or redirect the money towards another program...which we both know it will happen.

7yqZWFL.jpg

BY is trying to say, as he always does, that everything in Mexico is sub-par.

He probably still thinks that people there count the distance to the next town in terms of changes of horse.

What vehicles does a country of 110 million design?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I love cap and trade! :D

When Obama pushes through his climate change bill, I plan to buy a big piece of swampy land dirt cheap, and start a "clean energy company" with the ludicrous intention of creating energy from the evaporation of my swamp. Of course, I'll never produce a full kilowatt of energy, but I'll get rich selling my carbon credits to some big electric company!

CHA CHING!!! :dance:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!