Kathryn41

Off Topic Part Cinq

1,486 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thats great Colleens :dance:, that will make things that much easier for the two of you.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Every now and then my dad will send me an envelope filled with clippings from the newspaper back home that he thinks I will enjoy - often a lot of comics, political commentary (from the Canadian viewpoint) and such. Every now and then he will put in something special - like a letter I wrote home when I was away working for the summer in Saskatchewan or a birthday card I made for my Mom when I was 5 years old :star:. Today I received another envelope stuffed with interesting cartoons and clippings - and a listing of auctions back home. That was fun but it made me realize how much I miss auctions - they don't have them here :(. The thing that got me both laughing and crying at the same time is he also put in a Tim Horton's donut bag! Heheheheh - yep a donut bag (sorry Charles, it was empty!), but all the same it was such a fun surprise. :P

can you still send the bag so i can at least smell it? :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

can you still send the bag so i can at least smell it? :hehe:

:lol::P too funny...

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am a little sad.. I think my MP3 player is not going to last much longer.. the battery doesn't hold it's charge as long as it used to.. I use the thing at least once a week when I go to the laundromat.... I load TV shows etc on there, helps make the time go faster... I have had it for about a year now..

I don't think I can replace the battery.. I tried taking the back off but I was scared to snap it...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is the one my husband has, actually... I think he should give it to me!!! ;) Thanks a lot Flames and Pauley... I think I might go with Costco (I love Costco too, Flames) they have the Magellan 1440 4.3 on special for like 80$ -- sounds good to me. Right price and it seems to have the stuff that I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot for your input, very helpful!

:D

I like my Garmin nüvi 1350T, which was about $199 on Amazon when I got it. If you find a nüvi with a T at the end of the model number, it has a built-in, free-for-life traffic receiver built into the power cord, which can help route you around jams and accidents. Other models without the T may be able to get traffic information, but as a monthly subscription service.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

This is just wrong! :bonk:

Extreme Poodles

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

This is just wrong! :bonk:

Extreme Poodles

Did you watch the video that followed as well? It showed owners painting their dogs to look like wild animals - tigers and pandas and such.

Yeah, somehow I have a problem with using an animal as a canvas as well :(.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

This is the one my husband has, actually... I think he should give it to me!!! ;) Thanks a lot Flames and Pauley... I think I might go with Costco (I love Costco too, Flames) they have the Magellan 1440 4.3 on special for like 80$ -- sounds good to me. Right price and it seems to have the stuff that I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot for your input, very helpful!

:D

The beauty with Costco is that you have that 90 day return window! If ya don't like it, return it! I think i will make a Costco run tomorrow. Don't really need anything, but since when does that matter,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Congrats Colleens!! :)

My husband and I have decided to go on a "mini-vacation" for 4th of July weekend since I just started the new job this year and won't have any time to take off until the winter. We're just not really sure where to go! If anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome. I'd like it to be within driving distance or a 2 hour or less plane ride, non-stop. Something relaxing with a fun thing or two to do or see for Bill, since he's all about adventure. We're willing to splurge a little, but nothing ridiculous. We're both pretty clueless...

Wow Part 5 already! Anyways *waves* VJ family I am sorry I have neglected you! I have been busy with work and lots of medical things going on for myself and friends...(long story) I'm physically and mentally exhausted and trying to get over a sinus infection too...lovely! I traded in the 3 year old Aveo last week for a new Mazda 3! I absolutely love it! Zoom -Zoom! My husband will be home from deployment soon and we both are looking forward to some R&R! My family is coming down for a visit as well and I cannot wait for them to bring me some Canadian goodies!!

Hope everyone is doing well I didn't get the chance to read through all the posts but hope everyone's summer is going to be full of fun & possibly vacations back to Canada! :D

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Timeline

Welcome back, Minnew!

My husband and I have decided to go on a "mini-vacation" for 4th of July weekend since I just started the new job this year and won't have any time to take off until the winter. We're just not really sure where to go! If anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome. I'd like it to be within driving distance or a 2 hour or less plane ride, non-stop. Something relaxing with a fun thing or two to do or see for Bill, since he's all about adventure. We're willing to splurge a little, but nothing ridiculous. We're both pretty clueless...

Huggles! How goes the new job? I put my resume out on careerbuilder and I've been getting emails from insurance companies to come work for them. Any insight or suggestions to offer? I'm thinking it's not something I would do but I'd love to hear from someone who's actually doing it.

Since you're so close to the Grand Canyon (relatively), have you thought about doing that?

On a sad note..... my SIL was leaving a doctor's appt yesterday where he confirmed her first pregnancy when she was broadsided by a nurse coming off the night shift. She lost the baby. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline

Congrats Colleens!! :)

I am not quite sure where you are located in Colorado but if you haven't made it yet, try to visit Manitou Springs and the Garden of the Gods. It is an incredible place and about 1 1/2 hours drive south of Denver I believe (about 20 minutes west of Colorado Springs). The community was founded on a Spa Hotel and the hotel still remains. Driving through the Garden of the Gods - or if you are up to it, taking a horse back ride through (which is what we did) is pretty spectacular. You can also take a tram type of train up Pike's Peak as well as it is pretty close by (I didn't because of altitude problems but if I lived there I definitely would have). As I said, I am not sure where you are in Colorado - but I know I would go back there in a hearbeat - it is just an absolutely phenomenal place. Maybe you can book a night at the Spa hotel itself. The mineral waters still flow and there are 3 distinct types - all of them are accessible at public drinking fountains downtown. Here is a link to the site: http://www.gardenofgods.com/home/index.cfm?flash=1 and http://www.gardenofthegods.com/ and here is information about Manitou Springs: http://www.manitousprings.org/

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

Here is a link to a couple of my pictures from the Garden of the Gods. It was amazing. I didn't mention them because I'd figured you'd already been. But, really, there are some amazing places in CO.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/177398-favourite-pictures/page__view__findpost__p__2771249

iagree.gif

Krikit, that's so sad D:

That must have been terribly hard on your SIL... learning she was pregnant then losing it almost right away... She must be feeling terrible.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Flames? I freaking LOVE Costco. They have great chicken and meats and stuff for the freezer and their cheese selection is really good and inexpensive. Love costco a lot.

Have fun, I am sort of envious of you. :D

The beauty with Costco is that you have that 90 day return window! If ya don't like it, return it! I think i will make a Costco run tomorrow. Don't really need anything, but since when does that matter,lol

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.