Susita

Dieting and Weight Loss

195 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I really like Lean Cosine.. not that I eat them all the time but they are handy when I want something quick to eat for lunch.. but have you seen how much sodium is in those things? :o

We have tried Healthy Choice micro dinners but those don't have any flavour.. ugh...

I don't want people to get the impression that all we eat is micro dinners though ..lol

I do cook the majority of our meals from scratch :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the advice! I've used them before, but I usually do it once and forget about it. How often do you use them? Daily?

They are mostly for self-reinforcement, to let you know "something" is happening. You do want to be careful, if you are hitting the "Large" range, to make sure you are getting plenty of water and electrolytes, and don't do anything too strenuous, until your body adjusts. Your muscles won't recharge glycogen quite as fast initially, but after 2-3 weeks, you won't notice any difference. You will lose a lot of water and potassium at first, so supplement.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Actually I have conceptualisated something that will save humanity and the planet.

You know that 'foreign' genes can be injected which will hybridise any living thing and give them mixed characteristics.

Plants get their body mass from the air by fixing carbon from carbon dioxide by using their green bits - chlorophyll.

Ok now, if we could put that gene into people, we would have green skin and could feed on the air just as plants do. Trees can have bodies of many tons without any eating required - the roots simply get a few minerals and water.

Advantages:

An end to world hunger

A decrease in carbon dioxide in the air and hence global warming

No more cooking

An end to racism as we would all be green

Flatulence abolished

No more killing animals for food

The total eradication of vegetarians

and many more too numerous to list:

Losing weight is easy ! - cover up some of your green bits !

It would require 'weedol' to be relisted as a weapon of mass destruction

moresheep400100.jpg

It may well be possible to lose weight without exercising, but it is not possibly to be HEALTHY if you don't exercise - sorry ;)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

So I started walking at lunchtime for 30 minutes, I do powerwalking and listen to my iPod. It's actually nice after sitting on my azz all morning :lol:

For dinner some rice with steamed squash and tilapia in a light butter lemon and garlic sauce. :)

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline

It may well be possible to lose weight without exercising, but it is not possibly to be HEALTHY if you don't exercise - sorry ;)

I have a theory that the body is like a car and it's possible to make it into a high mileage car by over exercise.

To this end I have tried to keep all movements to a minimum and maintain my low mileage status

I am 62 (they say) and my Doc says I am a remarkably healthy young man

Meanwhile I turn the telly on and see all these charity marathon runners checking out in droves, cocking their toes up, and they are all as thin as lats

My payroll manager where I worked is 12 years younger than me and has artificial hips

All my crew from when I was in the Police (age 19) are dead

All the cats I have previously owned are dead and they used to jump around a lot

Look at all these 95 year old judges - they dont look like gym freaks to me.

The evidence is in - if you want ligament damage, twisted ankles, battered liver syndrome and strokes - go run 12 miles in the blazing sun down some rough track.

Professional footballers retire in their 30's and most of them live in pain forever from all the training and match injuries - it's true !

Most injuries come from intense physical exercise and/or being overweight. Tennis elbow, athletes foot, sky diving, rugby and joining protest marches in Teheran etc etc.

I don't do any of these.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Most injuries come from intense physical exercise and/or being overweight. Tennis elbow, athletes foot, sky diving, rugby and joining protest marches in Teheran etc etc.

I don't do any of these.

Exercise in moderation is fine. Though.... if anyone wants to pay me millions of dollars to do intense physical activities I'm game.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

I have a theory that the body is like a car and it's possible to make it into a high mileage car by over exercise.

To this end I have tried to keep all movements to a minimum and maintain my low mileage status

I am 62 (they say) and my Doc says I am a remarkably healthy young man

Meanwhile I turn the telly on and see all these charity marathon runners checking out in droves, cocking their toes up, and they are all as thin as lats

My payroll manager where I worked is 12 years younger than me and has artificial hips

All my crew from when I was in the Police (age 19) are dead

All the cats I have previously owned are dead and they used to jump around a lot

Look at all these 95 year old judges - they dont look like gym freaks to me.

The evidence is in - if you want ligament damage, twisted ankles, battered liver syndrome and strokes - go run 12 miles in the blazing sun down some rough track.

Professional footballers retire in their 30's and most of them live in pain forever from all the training and match injuries - it's true !

I don't do any of these.

Did anyone suggest training to be a professional athlete? If you play sport as a job, you are going to do things that are not necessarily healthy - however, sitting on the couch being a slob is not going to help you to live a long and productive life either, muscles of all types need to work to stay healthy :)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Did anyone suggest training to be a professional athlete? If you play sport as a job, you are going to do things that are not necessarily healthy - however, sitting on the couch being a slob is not going to help you to live a long and productive life either, muscles of all types need to work to stay healthy :)

My granddad was very active and played sports and exercised ever day - and he still died at 33

Mind you, the German machine gunners at Oppy Wood didn't help

Avoiding German machine gunners is one of the healthiest things you can do

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Exercise in moderation is fine. Though.... if anyone wants to pay me millions of dollars to do intense physical activities I'm game.

i suggest we outsource exercise to another country - pay someone else in another country to do our exercise for us. you can get monthly reports of their progress, along with a photograph of how they are doing. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

i suggest we outsource exercise to another country - pay someone else in another country to do our exercise for us. you can get monthly reports of their progress, along with a photograph of how they are doing. :thumbs:

If you or Alan want to outsource your exercise to me I would give you a wonderful deal. ;)

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

:lol:

I like walking, although walking really doesn't burn many calories and I'm not a crazy speed walker.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline

If you or Alan want to outsource your exercise to me I would give you a wonderful deal. ;)

Now that's braggin' !

Only me allowed to brag coz I am a narcissist (she says and she should know)

I am also a snotty Brit (she says and she should know)

and I am not funny ... (ditto)

When I am a yankee too around January time, I will be a snotty, unfunny, narcissitic 'jewel of a dual' !

I sure I won't be the first - that David Soul - (Starstruck and Butch) ain't perfect ...

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg