POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's not what I am saying at all. I am merely pointed out the unintended side-effect. Hence, down with Nuclear families leading to a ###### up society - particularly for the US. Every action, has an equal and opposite reaction. That's how the universe works my friend.

I think it would help for you to know what feminism is before you start talking about "unintended consequences"

Yes it seems beyond a lot of people to be able to accept others for just who they are. At 26 I am extremely tired of being treated like there's something wrong with me for liking video games, anime, or whatever else that's just not girly enough. People from other schools were disgusted with me when I used to play soccer with my local team and I lost count of how many times people called me a lesbian, not that it would have mattered if I was.

Still here I am in a long lasting relationship, and I hope, a long lasting marriage and a family. I'm not any less a woman just because I don't paint my nails and wear high healed shoes.

School aggression is just ugly altogether, regardless of gender. I mean, you don't have a problem with women studying martial arts do you?

The things you mention are a different story and are more about stereotypes.

I am talking about girls who want to punch on and basically act like young male thugs. Who hooks up with such butch girls?

There's violence in Australia? blink.gif

Funny..

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

But this, in its own way is about stereotypes too. The assumption that girls don't get into fights, because they should know better. Leave the fisticuffs to the dudes because "that's what boys do". Or something.

Girls can be just as nasty and violent as boys. It's not like they don't get the same rush of adrenalin when they throw some punches, or don't bathe in the praise of their peers. Maybe that's just the point right there, in previous generations girls were frowned upon for the same thing by their peers and now they're not. It all amounts to the same thing I'm sure, wanting to be accepted and acknowledged by others.

That's not to say there isn't gender disparity, how many of these fights are girls on boys? Not that many increases I bet, girls take on other girls because they know their chances are better and they get acknowledgement from the boys. When a girl beats a boy, the boy is shamed, and there is still a loud reaction when a boy hits a girl.

You'd be surprised how many kids said Rhianna deserved her beating from Chris Brown, and I don't think that's purely because he has such a large female fanbase.

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

At some point you just have to give up and marry a woman from a country where "feminism" means high heels and stockings. It is quite likely English will not be her native language. After that...who cares?

Here, here! Seriously, I was so used to American women that I almost felt self conscious and guilty about Tanya's overwhelming femininity.

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

But this, in its own way is about stereotypes too. The assumption that girls don't get into fights, because they should know better. Leave the fisticuffs to the dudes because "that's what boys do". Or something.

Girls can be just as nasty and violent as boys. It's not like they don't get the same rush of adrenalin when they throw some punches, or don't bathe in the praise of their peers. Maybe that's just the point right there, in previous generations girls were frowned upon for the same thing by their peers and now they're not. It all amounts to the same thing I'm sure, wanting to be accepted and acknowledged by others.

That's not to say there isn't gender disparity, how many of these fights are girls on boys? Not that many increases I bet, girls take on other girls because they know their chances are better and they get acknowledgement from the boys. When a girl beats a boy, the boy is shamed, and there is still a loud reaction when a boy hits a girl.

You'd be surprised how many kids said Rhianna deserved her beating from Chris Brown, and I don't think that's purely because he has such a large female fanbase.

Well you are Gen Y so we are a different generation - thus different mindset. This change in society seems to be coming from generation mommy put me on a pedestal and made me think I am the center of the galaxy - aka Gen Z. I am going to have a fun time managing that generation once they start working with me. Their world will be shattered once they realize I ain't their mommy or daddy. Just the other day I read on yahoo about the latest graduates having the least amount of empathy for others on record.

Girls acting like dumb guys is not something to be proud of nor should be seen as equality. Perhaps, this is a reason why so many males are seeking girls from foreign countries. Personally, had I wanted a butch, I'd have turned ghey.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Well you are Gen Y so we are a different generation - thus different mindset. This change in society seems to be coming from generation mommy put me on a pedestal and made me think I am the center of the galaxy - aka Gen Z. I am going to have a fun time managing that generation once they start working with me. Their world will be shattered once they realize I ain't their mommy or daddy. Just the other day I read on yahoo about the latest graduates having the least amount of empathy for others on record.

Girls acting like dumb guys is not something to be proud of nor should be seen as equality. Perhaps, this is a reason why so many males are seeking girls from foreign countries. Personally, had I wanted a butch, I'd have turned ghey.

Classic thinking of a latent homosexual.

Classic thinking of a latent homosexual.

Guess again. Butch chicks tend to end up with submissive guys. Not too sure who brute chicks end up with, as I don't know any from my gen x.

Edited by Booyah!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

She says people still try and use the rights movement as a way of keeping women in their place.

"I hear it constantly out talking to people. It used to be the stereotype of the hairy legs, overalls etc and now there seems ... maybe that feminism is an 'anything goes' type concept," she said.

That's crazy talk, Kathleen! Stop being so paranoid and get back in the kitchen!

That's crazy talk, Kathleen! Stop being so paranoid and get back in the kitchen!

You said it Jenn.

Guess again. Butch chicks tend to end up with submissive guys. Not too sure who brute chicks end up with, as I don't know any from my gen x.

Oh, I'm sure you do know a few gay guys. Go into your bathroom, the guy who is staring back at you just might be one.

Well you are Gen Y so we are a different generation - thus different mindset.

:lol:

I think you're right about the generation gap, I also think there's a lot of confusion because it's something that's still changing and people are still trying to work out exactly what it means.

On the whole I tend to think men need to think twice about raising a fist having natural advantages, but he shouldn't have to put up with a woman trying to lay the beat down on him either. Because there are people who still live by the mind set "don't hit a woman no matter what" there's some women that think that they can get away with being as abusive as they like, it's just ugly behavior.

It kind of reminds me of that old Christina Aguilera song, instead of arguing the case that men should be labelled as whores for loose sexual behavior as well, can't we promote (responsible) sexual decency in both genders instead? I'd like to see the case for tackling violence and bullying in schools than argue the case that girls should be able to throw as many punches as boys.

Oh, I'm sure you do know a few gay guys. Go into your bathroom, the guy who is staring back at you just might be one.

I see, so basically you are a butch then? :lol:

I see, so basically you are a butch then? laughing.gif

I don't see you denying your homosexuality. I personally don't see anything inherently wrong with a woman fighting over a man fighting. Both are equally wrong. Your derision of women acting equally stupid as men is your own prejudice and hardly worthy of a thread. Nice job of trolling/baiting, you've managed to suck quite a few into your world of misogyny.

This change in society seems to be coming from generation mommy put me on a pedestal and made me think I am the center of the galaxy - aka Gen Z. I am going to have a fun time managing that generation once they start working with me. Their world will be shattered once they realize I ain't their mommy or daddy. Just the other day I read on yahoo about the latest graduates having the least amount of empathy for others on record.

Speaking of that I'm pretty sure that this is much of the source of current anti feminist behavior from girls. There's a culture that men think women are good for nothing apart from taking your money, and women indeed with entitlement issues. Where mommy and daddy expected others to treat their daughter like a princess and to provide for her. I even scribbled a really ugly little comic on it:

http://cornishanon.deviantart.com/#/d2n3axd

We should be enabling people to look after themselves and be independent not for guys to become atm machines for girls who pay their way as disposable eye candy.