Darnell

NetFlix through WII

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This is so cool. Just saw the advert on TV .

Instant download to the WII... Yay !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been available for a while now. I can't really find good movies to watch on Netflix stream. The good ones, I've already watched. And they don't put the new releases on stream. But it's still nice to have the option to be able to stream movies for moments when you don't want to unpark your butt from the sofa. In my case, from my bed.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

It's nice to catch up on some older tv series, and re watch movies I enjoyed in the past.

I-129F Mailed 13DEC09
I-129F Received 16DEC09
NOA1 Dated 16DEC09
NOA2 Dated 18MAR10 Your I-129f was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.
Date Package Received By NVC : 27MAR10
Your interview took 153 days from your I-129F NOA1 date
Arrival in USA 06Jun10
Married 20AUG10
AOS File 19APR11

Son born 26NOV12

removal of conditions filed 11JUN13

Biometrics appt 09JUL13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

I have S-video out on my video card. So I run 15ft of cable to the TV.

I put a GForce video card in my computer. It has a HDMI output. I then got a 30 foot HDMI cable and hooked my computer to my HDTV. It is great to see our home movies, pictures and things like HULU on my big screen.

wATCH THROUGH THE PS3 playstation

Very good quality, and can get pretty good HD stream if your high speed internet is really good.

Drawback

Lot of new movies you have to order them the old fashion way, they will mail you the DVD, still good with $9 a month. But nowaday with Redbox you can get new movies for $1.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I canceled cable two months ago....

We've been under a 2 year contract with Dish Network and although their service is great and I love having a DVR with all its awesome features, we're considering backing out of the contract when we move out of state in about a month. We'd only have a few months left on the contract so the fee would be nominal.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

with google TV coming, ordinary people will be able to create real TV programs. the "channels" on youtube are just the beginning.

Good point. The networks are really going to feel the hurt, much like the music industry did when mp3's became the standard, but it will give independent film makers a better avenue for distribution and exposure. The same thing is happening with the video game industry. This is the digital revolution.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Good point. The networks are really going to feel the hurt, much like the music industry did when mp3's became the standard, but it will give independent film makers a better avenue for distribution and exposure. The same thing is happening with the video game industry. This is the digital revolution.

Ordinary people are already able to create real TV programs. The problem is, ordinary people aren't capable of creating a professionally scripted, edited, and produced TV show or movie. The networks are not scared of YouTube. Streaming video doesn't threaten the traditional networks, it opens up new possibilities to them.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

I put a GForce video card in my computer. It has a HDMI output. I then got a 30 foot HDMI cable and hooked my computer to my HDTV. It is great to see our home movies, pictures and things like HULU on my big screen.

That's quite an expensive HDMI cable you have there. If Netflix opened up their HD stream to PCs, I might have done something similar instead of buying a bluray player that allowed me to tap into netflix & a bunch of other services. No regrets though.

Timeline

wATCH THROUGH THE PS3 playstation

Very good quality, and can get pretty good HD stream if your high speed internet is really good.

Drawback

Lot of new movies you have to order them the old fashion way, they will mail you the DVD, still good with $9 a month. But nowaday with Redbox you can get new movies for $1.

I'm confident that Netflix will continue to add more and more titles to their online catalog. I'm sure they realize that their future is in their ability to stream movies, not mail them.