8 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

My husband and I are newbies and we are preparing/filling in on all the necessary paperwork needed for the I- 130.

In the G325a form under the employment section, I understand that it states that we have to list employment for the last 5 years.

In the last 5 years, I have been made redundant twice and was unemployed for a short period.So my question really is should I mention the gaps between employment and use an additional sheet? (may need it as those 5 columns does not give me enough space)

Or should I literally just write in the columns the exact employment that I have had during that time forgetting my unemployed period?

I have read that some people are attaching an additional sheet mentioning why there was a gap between dates but I have also read not to attach an additional sheet and to literally just mention what jobs I've had in the last 5 years forgetting the gaps.

I'm quite lost with this now and any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks everyone x

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi Guys,

My husband and I are newbies and we are preparing/filling in on all the necessary paperwork needed for the I- 130.

In the G325a form under the employment section, I understand that it states that we have to list employment for the last 5 years.

In the last 5 years, I have been made redundant twice and was unemployed for a short period.So my question really is should I mention the gaps between employment and use an additional sheet? (may need it as those 5 columns does not give me enough space)

Or should I literally just write in the columns the exact employment that I have had during that time forgetting my unemployed period?

I have read that some people are attaching an additional sheet mentioning why there was a gap between dates but I have also read not to attach an additional sheet and to literally just mention what jobs I've had in the last 5 years forgetting the gaps.

I'm quite lost with this now and any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks everyone x

You may well be able to get by without it but I would include the periods of unemployment and use a separate sheet as needed. If you are filing an I-130 for a spouse, then you'll be following CR1, not K3 path as K3 is really a dead issue at this point.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I too had blocks of unemployment (travelling to Europe etc :D) and my last 5 years also included finishing schooling so I job-hopped a bit as I moved towns.

SO, I had more than 5 lines. What I did was complete the form ensuring there were NO blank spaces so any time gaps simply said "unemployed" for the employer "-" in the other parts and then the month and year.

When I got to the last line I wrote "-- See Attachment --" in the job part and "-" in every line including the years.

Then on the separate sheet of paper I wrote the WHOLE list again, just to make sure they didn't think I missed anything and so they could just read off that sheet. I made it look the same as the form (same columns and everything). I wrote what form it was for, and what section of the form as the header. I wrote my alien number (found on your NOA2) and name in the footer.

Here's my accommodation example: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/236661-g-325a-questions/page__view__findpost__p__3626180 it's basically the same as the employer one except the employer one needed to be in landscape because of the number of columns.

Hope that helps :D

Thank you guys, you have been a big help x

I too had blocks of unemployment (travelling to Europe etc :D) and my last 5 years also included finishing schooling so I job-hopped a bit as I moved towns.

SO, I had more than 5 lines. What I did was complete the form ensuring there were NO blank spaces so any time gaps simply said "unemployed" for the employer "-" in the other parts and then the month and year.

When I got to the last line I wrote "-- See Attachment --" in the job part and "-" in every line including the years.

Then on the separate sheet of paper I wrote the WHOLE list again, just to make sure they didn't think I missed anything and so they could just read off that sheet. I made it look the same as the form (same columns and everything). I wrote what form it was for, and what section of the form as the header. I wrote my alien number (found on your NOA2) and name in the footer.

Here's my accommodation example: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/236661-g-325a-questions/page__view__findpost__p__3626180 it's basically the same as the employer one except the employer one needed to be in landscape because of the number of columns.

Hope that helps :D

• 9 months later...

Hi, I have an issue.

I left gaps between employment(i thought id been so thourough with this form as well!)

I only listed the times we were eemployed in the last 5 years- and i assumed gaps meant ''unemployment''. It says if none so state, i took that to mean if no employment whats so ever, state none, like other questions. The form does not say to leave no gaps in employment (these forms are really UNCLEAR!) Do you think it will matter?

I did attach a sheet on the back for additional lines, and the last line said unemployed, because his employment mentioned didnt reach back 5 years. But there is still gaps between the employment dates!

Did anyone else do this and they were aproved with no RFE?

mailed i130: 05-05-2011

NOA1 date: 05-11-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** moving to IR-1/CR-1 forum for more exposure, as K-3 visa is dead visa type these days ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Vanessa&Tony,

It's good to list the period of unemployment on G-325 form, if you had any in between jobs where ever employed in 5 years, using an additional sheet does help. I listed all the gaps, when I applied.

Before mailing out, make sure to have copies of each document or filled out forms before sending the application. It sure helps later on.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I used a seperate sheet for both the employment history and accommodation history. I was at uni, so lots of moving around, and lots of part time jobs over the last 5 years!

As Vanessa&Tony state, put "June 09-August 09: unemployed" if that is the case. On the final line i wrote "see additional sheet: Continuation of beneficiarys employment history" and then titled the additional sheet as that!

Good luck

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.