Rebecca Jo

Have other members been 'hateful' to you on Vj?

Do tell - have other members been mean to you?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Has anyone every been mean to you on Vj?

• Yes - and it made me cry
    • No - there are nothing but cuddly bunnies here
  2. 2. If you answered yes, what forum type did this occur in?

• DIY forums (so-called 'upper forums)
    • Regional Forums
    • Off-Topic
    • No, I told you there are only bunnies here
  3. 3. Who was mean to you?

31 posts in this topic

Inspired by this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/255957-why-are-ppl-so-hateful/

Edited by JohnnyQuest

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

LOL.... :rofl:

and if so... I will still be your friend if you tell on them :whistle:

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oh My Goodness ! A Poll ! you are the meanest, cranky-est SOB I've never had the pleasure to meet, so bite me !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

LOL.... :rofl:

and if so... I will still be your friend if you tell on them :whistle:

I wanted to put in an option where you could write in a name, but it's not there, ya know? :P

Oh My Goodness ! A Poll ! you are the meanest, cranky-est SOB I've never had the pleasure to meet, so bite me !

You have been mean to me in a poll! :crying:

Now back off, jacka$$.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I wanted to put in an option where you could write in a name, but it's not there, ya know? :P

You have been mean to me in a poll! :crying:

Now back off, jacka$$.

LOL.... I would love to also of had a name option... cant always get what we want...

on a serious note... there is an issue out there and we need to get to the bottom of it... the Bunnies need to be banned from VJ... who's with me.... they are just dam mean

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

LOL.... I would love to also of had a name option... cant always get what we want...

on a serious note... there is an issue out there and we need to get to the bottom of it... the Bunnies need to be banned from VJ... who's with me.... they are just dam mean

'Tis a serious issue indeed.

Bunnies come and bunnies go, but a meanie lasts for life.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Bunnies are for cooking, Si Man!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I try the search engine to reduce the stupidity of my questions.... so far haven't been beaten up too bad...

I-129F Mailed 13DEC09
I-129F Received 16DEC09
NOA1 Dated 16DEC09
NOA2 Dated 18MAR10 Your I-129f was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.
Date Package Received By NVC : 27MAR10
Your interview took 153 days from your I-129F NOA1 date
Arrival in USA 06Jun10
Married 20AUG10
AOS File 19APR11

Son born 26NOV12

removal of conditions filed 11JUN13

Biometrics appt 09JUL13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I have been equally mean to some newer VJ members who tried their mean-ness on me therefore, I answered cuddle bunnies!
Don't mess with Parul, no man! :) I think that the meanest of all VJ members had her account closed toward the beginning of the year. Good riddance, and I believe that the atmosphere on VJ is markedly improved as a result of said riddance, si man.

What we NEED is (are) more responses in the "Wedgies, Si Man" poll thread, si man.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I didn't cry, but I HAVE been mad as hell and needed to walk away/resort to commiserating PMs.

I try (and sometimes fail) not to engage - if you get into a mud fight, everyone gets dirty!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Don't mess with Parul, no man! :) I think that the meanest of all VJ members had her account closed toward the beginning of the year. Good riddance, and I believe that the atmosphere on VJ is markedly improved as a result of said riddance, si man.

What we NEED is (are) more responses in the "Wedgies, Si Man" poll thread, si man.

I think I know who you are referring to. While being generally knowledgeable about the process, she had a way of being egotistical to the point where, on the rare occasion she was wrong, would go on an absolute tirade. She would ignore the moderators, continually harping on the fact that visa journey was being damaged and that every one but her was "unarmed" on the knowledge front.

I, myself, will admit that at times I have posted in an uncivil manner, primarily in OT, and have even been unfairly mean to a particular moderator in the past. I think it was because this is the first forum I have ever been active in and I jumped to conclusions easily. About 8 months ago or so, I made a conscious effort to focus only on what the poster is saying and avoiding the trap of insulting the actual poster even if I'm getting insulted. I still slip up occasionally, but i do try to apologize when I see it occurring. Since then I've been a lot more aware of what OT really is. There is very little actual discussion, instead its full of personal insults that seem to reoccur over and over again in every thread.

I think OT would be a lot better if everyone took a step back, dropped the hostility from the posts and just focused on the topic. On very politically charged threads I can understand having a little hostility given the current political climate, but still it could be toned down a few notches.

I answered yes, although it didn't make me cry. I think there are some members in OT (some of who are no longer here) who get their rocks off being nasty to people just because they're new or they don't know them. I realize it's OT, but still, being nasty just because you feel like being a DB is just immature.

The internet is pretty much the same all over the place, really. Lot of people out there think their opinion is the only right one or the only one that matters, simply by virtue of them having an internet connection. :whistle:

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Timeline

:lol: You know me. :dance::dance: for more wedgies.

I have been equally mean to some newer VJ members who tried their mean-ness on me therefore, I answered cuddle bunnies!

Yes, it's like the initiation bullies in High School: Those who got bullied, bully back, and so on and so on. Learned behavior is a powerful thing. When a young daughter sees her father beating up mom and treating her bad, then daughter becomes attracted to a man who does the same to her. Funny, how we end up perpetuating dysfunctional living.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif