PhiLandShiR

Harvard Student Stephanie Grace's Racist E-Mail: A Disaster All Around

34 posts in this topic

She was a law student and not a geneticist. She is trying to tie skin color to intelligence without really having the data or credentials to back it up. Which suggests another motive.

Might what she said be right? I don't think anyone really knows that yet. I think she was trying to justify her views in a way that couldn't be disputed, but what she "observed" could just a much be a result of environment as genetics.

Unless it comes to sport and singing, then it's apparently okay to form such opinions.

Treating everyone as humans is one thing and expected of a society in 2010. Pretending we are all equal though, is just ridiculous. If were were equal, I too would be earning $100 million for throwing a ball around for a few hours each week.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the best thing she coulda said is nothing.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

You can't prove intelligence with genes. But, you can prove it with tests. I do know a few Nigerians who has perfect 4.0 GPA in Electrical Engineering.

Engineering is one those disciplines where getting a 4.0 is very difficult. Unless if you're in MIT or a grad student.

Edited by Niels Bohr

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

She was a law student and not a geneticist. She is trying to tie skin color to intelligence without really having the data or credentials to back it up. Which suggests another motive.

Might what she said be right? I don't think anyone really knows that yet. I think she was trying to justify her views in a way that couldn't be disputed, but what she "observed" could just a much be a result of environment as genetics.

1. She was not- tying it to "skin color" .......any more than Sickle cell anemia is more attracted to "skin color".

2. She was not speaking as an authority in the matter, just kicking ideas around over pizza from what I gather.... do you limit your conversation among friends to topics you are an expert in?

Clearly what we have here is a totalitarian of thought.

What if this top Student did believe the same Genetics which we know effect Intelligence might test differently as well in various races or even within races.

Had she suggested any race was less human or of lesser value then that would be a real cause for alarm but was just speculative conversation which IQ tests might lend credence.

One might ask if you people are anti-darwin?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

You can't prove intelligence with genes. But, you can prove it with tests. I do know a few Nigerians who has perfect 4.0 GPA in Electrical Engineering.

Engineering is one those disciplines where getting a 4.0 is very difficult. Unless if you're in MIT or a grad student.

Yes but you know this is akin to pointing to a very tall woman.... to suggest woman are as tall as men on average.

William Penn

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

The thing is, without seeing the entire email, and perhaps even seeing the entire email, we can't tell what she is responding to. Perhaps during the spirited discussion over dinner, the recipients of the email suggested that African Americans are less intelligent and she was holding out for the opposite, but she now wants to explain that it might be possible to convince her one way or the other with the proper evidence. If we look at her actual words, they seem to suggest that she tends to not believe that African Americans are less intelligent, but she does not absolutely rule out the possibility.

Unfortunately for her, people see "African Americans" and "less intelligent" in the same sentence, and see no further. She will always be tarred with the brush of "racist" and no amount of explanation, if she is not truly a racist, will ever change that.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Timeline

I actually didn't see what she wrote as saying that skin color meant one was smarter or not but just saying that she could be convinced under the right arguments and proof that it could be that way.

As we all know though since she is white and an over achiever she will be painted as a racist anyway because that is how things are done now.

Timeline

I actually didn't see what she wrote as saying that skin color meant one was smarter or not but just saying that she could be convinced under the right arguments and proof opinion that it could be that way.

As we all know though since she is white and an over achiever she will be painted as a racist anyway because that is how things are done now.

Are AA better at certain sports than Caucasians? And vice versa..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

Are AA better at certain sports than Caucasians? And vice versa..

To me the main point is refusing free thought on these issues.. and seeking to vilify them if they do and punish them with job loss or by any other means.

These same people would in the same conversation disparage Joe McCarthy. :rofl:

William Penn

To me the main point is refusing free thought on these issues.. and seeking to vilify them if they do and punish them with job loss or by any other means.

These same people would in the same conversation disparage Joe McCarthy. :rofl:

To think we are all of equal intelligence is just denial. Some people are going to have an edge over others and yes it does come down to genetics. Something anyone of us with siblings have probably seen first-hand. I'm the dumbest in my family.

Nature versus nurture does also play a big part.

Edited by Booyah!

Timeline

Looks like someone forgot about the Olympics. China defeated the US in a sport. The person was a 15 year old from China. When the Olympic commitee discovered that she was not the age of being an Olympian candidate, they took the gold medal from China and gave it the US.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

To think we are all of equal intelligence is just denial. Some people are going to have an edge over others and yes it does come down to genetics. Something anyone of us with siblings have probably seen first-hand. I'm the dumbest in my family.

Nature versus nurture does also play a big part.

I don't think anyone can deny that some people are smarter than others. But to try draw any corrolation to racial groups is just plain absurd.

Looks like someone forgot about the Olympics. China defeated the US in a sport. The person was a 15 year old from China. When the Olympic commitee discovered that she was not the age of being an Olympian candidate, they took the gold medal from China and gave it the US.

Seems like you forgot to make a point consolemaster.