elmcitymaven

Irritating BS your SO does

1,246 posts in this topic

Wow, and I thought it was all talk. Why did he quit? Was it a genuine reason?

It was a call center job -- he's only ever done inbound before, and while he was very good during the training he said he just couldn't handle how aggressive they needed him to be. I was furious at the time he told me he'd quit, but he already has a lead on two other interviews within the next week. I'm kind of at the point where I just don't care too much anymore. :D

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
It was a call center job
Uh, many are called but few are chosen, si man?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

Durham is where the posh Geordies live. I bet gazza doesn't know where it is.

Actually they are so far south they might stray into Yorkshire when they are out rustling sheep.

Here is a photo of a typical north easterner: (not durham of course - oh let's have a fondue party )

http://api.ning.com/...ulgascoigne.jpg

LOL bang on accurate.

Me & Tmma lived VERY close to each other. Co Durham Crew FTW.

Part CLXXXVIII in Irritating BS my Quasi-SO does: at this late stage in the game, suddenly realising that me moving out of the house means he really has to let me go and railing against how much he hates this. It makes me sad to know I am hurting this man so much, even now.sad.gif

Um, I'm pretty sure he started it, Maven. Stay strong.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Um, I'm pretty sure he started it, Maven. Stay strong.

Thanks, Val. He's freaking because I've decided to save even more money (and add to a potential relocation back to the UK fund) by moving in with a friend who happens to be male. At first he said he had no problems whatsoever with this, especially because the friend is in a very committed relationship and I'm not interested, but now he is kind of losing the plot a little. God help me when I start dating again.

Urgh, dating is nasty enough without having that extra baggage. Good luck, babes.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Let me know when you're ready. I've got a lead on a good man! LOL

Is that a lead ( a tip)

or a lead (like on a dog)

or a lead as it a lump of lead to sink him

??

I guess the three are the normal progression of a relationship when you think about it ..

Like the three rings of marriage:

The engagement ring

The wedding ring

The Bo-ring

and don't gimme any of that Walton's stuff coz I know !

moresheep400100.jpg

Is that a lead ( a tip)

??

I guess the three are the normal progression of a relationship when you think about it ..

Like the three rings of marriage:

The engagement ring

The wedding ring

The Bo-ring

and don't gimme any of that Walton's stuff coz I know !

Welcome back, Alan.star_smile.gif

Filed: Timeline

Oh, I'm ready. Ready, willing and able. :D

It better not be your brother. dry.gif

DEFINITELY not my brother. <_< I'd only wish him on my worst enemy. :P

Is that a lead ( a tip)

??

A lead (a tip)!! But I did grin at the lump of lead idea. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Welcome back, Alan.star_smile.gif

Wee touch of social realism there... (Rab Nesbitt)

I am actually an expert on annoying things that one's spouse or whatever does as I have had eight wives.

Only three of them were mine, but it's still good learning

A good question to ask would be how long they were wonderful before they weren't ?

Easy for men to answer that as women are wonderful right up the point where they shut the shop up... but how does it work for women ?

When is he not wonderful any more ? Why didnt you realise he told his same favorite jokes before you married him. Why didn't you know his walks included stops to see the marmots and the swallows nests ? How come you didnt know he liked to inspect moored submarines instead of shoe shops ?

What does it say about women that they didn't realise all these things before they got married but suddenly it becomes important and intolerable 5 nano seconds after the guy signs on the dotted ?

Was it just LUST ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.