elmcitymaven

Irritating BS your SO does

1,246 posts in this topic

When is he not wonderful any more ? Why didnt you realise he told his same favorite jokes before you married him. Why didn't you know his walks included stops to see the marmots and the swallows nests ? How come you didnt know he liked to inspect moored submarines instead of shoe shops ?

What does it say about women that they didn't realise all these things before they got married but suddenly it becomes important and intolerable 5 nano seconds after the guy signs on the dotted ?

Was it just LUST ?

When does it stop being wonderful? When the person you are married to is no longer the person you married. When your dreams and hopes of a life together are dashed because the other person has systematically and continuously put himself in front of your marriage. When the other person no longer wants to touch you but swears you are still as beautiful and charming and dainty and sweet and amazing as always. When the pain you feel now outweighs the still-extant good parts.

That's when it stops being wonderful.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Not realizing he's not wonderful until after you've signed on the dotted line is an evolutionary conspiracy meant to trick women into staying with a man despite our better judgement. <_<

Attached is a photo of me checking out a submarine ! Natural habitat - look at the glee. That has to be STOPPED !

If a man was to find a woman who enjoyed doing that stuff AND kept the shop open despite vitamin deficiency, suspected headache, bad hair day etc etc , he would gladly stop telling the same jokes ...

moresheep400100.jpg

(((((((((Maven))))))))))))

Better things await. :yes:

Thanks Krikit. It's the bad anniversary today. Just feeling a little... weird. Like the world is open and new and exciting, and anything could happen at any time, and I just need to be ready to receive it.

A lot of change is afoot right now for me. It's messy and complicated. Which is cool.

Attached is a photo of me checking out a submarine ! Natural habitat - look at the glee. That has to be STOPPED !

If a man was to find a woman who enjoyed doing that stuff AND kept the shop open despite vitamin deficiency, suspected headache, bad hair day etc etc , he would gladly stop telling the same jokes ...

Alan, don't forget I am still your No 1 Internet Girlfriend. Of COURSE I enjoy checking out submarines, and it is well known that I do NOT have bad hair days. I also take a multivitamin every night and don't whinge on about headaches. star_smile.gif

My MIL has been unhappy in her marriage for quite some time but doesn't believe in divorce due to her religion. When I ask why she married and had children with someone like that, who has the same qualities now as he did back then, she tells me the same thing, Maven - that he wasn't like that before they got married. I feel so sorry for her because she feels confined to the marriage, not knowing that better things could be out there, or not having the courage to say enough is enough.

I'm so glad you're not putting up with unhappiness.

Timeline

Alan, don't forget I am still your No 1 Internet Girlfriend. Of COURSE I enjoy checking out submarines, and it is well known that I do NOT have bad hair days. I also take a multivitamin every night and don't whinge on about headaches. star_smile.gif

Your no a secret geezer are you ?

we've had the 80's and I'm with the ladies !

moresheep400100.jpg

Your no a secret geezer are you ?

we've had the 80's and I'm with the ladies !

Alan, I think you know I'm a girl by now.biggrin.gif

My MIL has been unhappy in her marriage for quite some time but doesn't believe in divorce due to her religion. When I ask why she married and had children with someone like that, who has the same qualities now as he did back then, she tells me the same thing, Maven - that he wasn't like that before they got married. I feel so sorry for her because she feels confined to the marriage, not knowing that better things could be out there, or not having the courage to say enough is enough.

I'm so glad you're not putting up with unhappiness.

Thanks Gemmie.star_smile.gif I just reminded him that today is The Day and he was really very sad. Still, he's fixing one of my cars today for free so I can't complain!laughing.gif All I did was give him some leftovers and he's stuck into repairs.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Coming over and being the same charming man I fell in love with. #######. :angry:

When is the big move? What things do you get to look forward to? Eyes on the prize, Violet. :D

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

September 1st. :) Things to look forward to: him not being around me every day; having a housemate whose company I enjoy; lower rent; new neighbourhood; independence at last. :D

Plus he and I rowed all day yesterday so I'm not feeling nearly as charitable today. :lol:

Timeline

September 1st. :) Things to look forward to: him not being around me every day; having a housemate whose company I enjoy; lower rent; new neighbourhood; independence at last. :D

Plus he and I rowed all day yesterday so I'm not feeling nearly as charitable today. :lol:

Force feed him pepsi - we know what that does to Calis

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's the spirit! Remember WHY you dislike him. :star:

Force feed him pepsi - we know what that does to Calis

*scribbles down further top tips from Alan*

That's the spirit! Remember WHY you dislike him. :star:

Uhh, because even though I still love him he's a douche?laughing.gif

Timeline

Uhh, because even though I still love him he's a douche?laughing.gif

Sounds like the British Army expression 'a shower' as in 'you are a total shower'

I didn't know a shower of what til I was in uniform

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.