zeeshan123

can he revoke his wifes GC

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

an old friend of mine is in trouble, i am posting this;

i am married for 4 yrs.my wife got her ir1 visa last year and came to US without informing me and never contacted me. i received her green card-10yr on my address. she has not given me her address or phone no. i ve emailed her several times. but she has replied that she is busy looking for job. we had issues and fights like normal couple but she is acting strangely after getting visa.she was school teacher back in india.

i want to revoke her GC now. is it possible? what proof i would need to do this?

thank you for your answer in advance.

zeeshan123 - Sorry to hear about your case. That's very unfortunate. There are a few things about your case that are not clear or don't make sense. During these 4 years of marriage were you living together? Are you a GC holder or USC? How did your wife get a 10 year permanent GC before a conditional 2 year GC? As you can see there are a lot of things that don't make sense here. If you are saying that she got her 10 year GC then unfortunately you cannot do much at this point and if you filed sponser papers for her then you are also liable for the next 10 years to support her. So if she decides to claim support from you she will be able to do so and you will be liable for it. Sorry to break the bad news. Perhaps someone else can chime and give you more info. Good Luck!

03/03/2010 - Package mailed with I-360, I-485, I-765

03/04/2010 - Package received & signed for by INS at VSC

03/08/2010 - Receipt issued for each form

03/11/2010 - All applications touched

03/25/2010 - All applications touched

03/26/2010 - RFE for I-360 issued, due by 06/21/2010

03/26/2010 - Biometrics for I-485 done

03/27/2010 - I-485 & I-765 touched

03/29/2010 - I-360 & I-485 touched

03/29/2010 - Prima Facie issued

03/30/2010 - I-360 touched

04/15/2010 - I-765 ordered production of new card

04/16/2010 - I-765 touched

04/19/2010 - I-765 EAD card mailed

04/20/2010 - I-765 touched

06/11/2010 - Response to RFE for I-360 mailed

06/14/2010 - RFE package received & signed for by INS at VSC

06/15/2010 - I-360 touched, processing resumed, decision or response in 60 days!

06/17/2010 - I-360 touched

06/18/2010 - I-360 touched

06/26/2010 - I-485 & I-765 touched

07/28/2010 - I-360 touched

08/14/2010 - I-360 APPROVED & notice mailed

08/14/2010 - I-485 TRANSFERRED to NBC for INTERVIEW

08/16/2010 - I-360 & I-485 e-mails received with status update from 08/14/2010

08/17/2010 - I-360 & I-485 touched

08/25/2010 - I-485 TRANSFERRED and is now being processed at a USCIS office

09/01/2010 - I-485 touched

10/03/2010 - I-360 touched, post-decision activity

10/18/2010 - Interview for I-485 (rescheduled since lawyer couldn't make it)

10/27/2010 - Interview for I-485 (rescheduled date for interview)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

an old friend of mine is in trouble, i am posting this;

i am married for 4 yrs.my wife got her ir1 visa last year and came to US without informing me and never contacted me. i received her green card-10yr on my address. she has not given me her address or phone no. i ve emailed her several times. but she has replied that she is busy looking for job. we had issues and fights like normal couple but she is acting strangely after getting visa.she was school teacher back in india.

i want to revoke her GC now. is it possible? what proof i would need to do this?

thank you for your answer in advance.

Her 10 year green card has been issued. Her marital status is no longer relevant to her immigration status. However, the affidavit of support will remain for some time to come - potentially, for the rest of her life. There is nothing he can do to have her green card revoked, unless he can prove that fraud was used to obtain it. He also cannot legally withhold her green card from her, though she is legally obligated to notify USCIS of her current address.

The situation really sucks, but it does happen, unfortunately. :(

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

zeeshan123 - Sorry to hear about your case. That's very unfortunate. There are a few things about your case that are not clear or don't make sense. During these 4 years of marriage were you living together? Are you a GC holder or USC? How did your wife get a 10 year permanent GC before a conditional 2 year GC? As you can see there are a lot of things that don't make sense here. If you are saying that she got her 10 year GC then unfortunately you cannot do much at this point and if you filed sponser papers for her then you are also liable for the next 10 years to support her. So if she decides to claim support from you she will be able to do so and you will be liable for it. Sorry to break the bad news. Perhaps someone else can chime and give you more info. Good Luck!

Read the OP's post a little more closely. He's posting for a friend of his - he is neither the US citizen nor the immigrant in this particular matter.

His friend's wife came on an IR1 visa, which means they were married for at least two years at the time the visa was issued. She would receive a 10 year green card upon entry, and not a 2 year conditional green card.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

thank you all for your response. i am posting this for a friend of mine(he is internet buddy)

they were married for 4 yrs and his wife stayed in india during this time while he was in US. her visa was approved last year.

and during their marriage she gave no indication that she ll do this and will leave him without

notice..

i would appreciate any more responses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

As others have said, there is nothing your friend can do immigration wise; there was a 4 year marriage, 2 years at least before the visa , so fraud would be very very difficult to proof. The best thing to do is divorce and get on with his life.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Jim is correct, as usual. Also, tell your friend that opening mail not addressed to him (but to his wife) can have serious legal consequences. He has to hand the Green Card to his wife and then hope she doesn't make a big deal out of this. If he withholds her card, the fist of Justicia may hit him right in the face.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

He can always return the mail back to sender, "stating Receiver does not reside at this address". Then he can let immigration handle it from there. By the way a GC of any magnitude can be revoked, if immigration feels the card was obtained under false pretenses.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

He can always return the mail back to sender, "stating Receiver does not reside at this address". Then he can let immigration handle it from there. By the way a GC of any magnitude can be revoked, if immigration feels the card was obtained under false pretenses.

there is a presumption that this woman entered on basis of the marriage and intent to pursue it, despite the fact that it is a 10 year card.

the fellow in question should send the card back to the issuing agency with a cover letter indicating that the marriage did exist legally, but was not cohabitive, and that she does not live with him and has not since (whatever date). he should indicate that he was not involved in the process of obtaining the card (how could this be? he needs to provide sponsorship documents for her to get the visa). he should report that he was not told of her intent to immigrate, nor has she contacted him since her arrival, preferring to live at a different address. USCIS will sort this one out, and possibly determine that she entered fraudulently, especially if he did not provide the docs as required in the following guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

if she falsified one step of the process it is fraud, plain and simple.

if your buddy did provide the docs, he has less ground to stand on. this process is lengthy and full of opportunity for him to shut it down. if he failed to do so and still wants her out of here he should see a very good immigration attourney. this being an indian case, i would suggest he take the issue to rajiv's forum, immigrate2us.net

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Its totally ODD!!! how could he married for 4 years and didnt even have a single clue about his wife coming to the US? What about when she was applying for the CR1? he must be involved in the process for sure, right? right? And she arrived in the US and never ever contacted him?? How in the world he DID NOT KNOW IT??!!! Doesn't husband and wife ALWAYS have to comunicate?? Oh my!! i'm very very sorry for your friend situation, the experienced members would give the answers he needs, i just dropped by to say im sorry to hear this happenned to him.

Edited by summersurf

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

Dec 2007 - K-1 Visa Interview (denied), the reason: i was overstayed my previous visit in 2000-2003 (my bad)

Feb 2008 - I-601 Waiver filed

Sept 2008 - Waiver approved (K-1 Visa issued)

Jan 2009 - the Wedding Blessing & Reception (Bali, Indonesia)

Feb 2009 - Arrived in the US followed by the Civil Wedding & Reception (again:)

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

May 2009 - EAD card in hand

Aug 27th 2009 - AOS Interview (approved, yaay)

Sept 2009- Green Card arrived in the mail...yippeeeew...(i want to sing of Your Love forever)

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Dec 2011 - ROC approved (Best Christmas ever, i must've been a really good girl this year :)

The wait would be unbearable but it'll be worth it. It strengthens the love, it attaches you even more to each other, it shows how your man would do whatever it takes to be with you, that he will never give up on you because he LOVES you!! All the waits, stresses, tears, heartaches, all the miserable feelings you feel along the way will be paid off once you get what you've been hoping for...oh and WITHOUT PRAYERS? will be like trying to start a fire with water, JUST WON'T WORK!

I ve been talking to my friend and latest development in this case is

my wife got her ir1 visa last year and came to US without informing me

and never contacted me. I received her green card-10yr on my address.

she has not given me her address or phone no. I ve emailed her several

times. but she has replied that she is busy looking for job. we had

issues and fights like normal couple but she is acting strangely after

getting visa.

now I came to know that she went back to india after staying in US for

3 mnths and she is In india for last 2 mnths. and she plans to come to

US in june. can I stop her from entering US? She commited a fraud and

shud be punished.(unfortunately i dont have any emails to prove

fraud).

thanksfor all advise in advance

Without her green card how is she planning on entering the US? Has she applied for and been granted a visitor visa?

Be very careful what you do with her green card. It is not yours and if you tamper with it you are commiting a federal offense.

Maybe you should write a letter and mail it back to the USCIS at the address that issued it stating that she has never resided with you, does not intend to and is not present in the US.

I'm not to familiar with the IR visa though.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.