CarolineM

Who's idea was it? and why?

Who's idea was it?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's idea was it to move to America INSTEAD of your SO's country? and explain :)

• mine
    • My SO's (I'd rather live in his/her country)

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

just curious

Mine basically...I have a good job and alll...in truth, however, I'd much rather live in Oz.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not enough choices for me to vote. Was a mutual decision. For right now there was better reasons for me to move their as opposed to here. We'd both much rather live here in OZ

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

i realized after I voted myself - on my own poll - I should have added both because that's what it was with us.

It's just MORE me than him

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Cristina decided since she was already pretty much fluent in English and since I had a pretty good paying job that it would be smarter for her to move here. I told her though, that I've got no problem becoming fluent in Espanol (ok, I could learn to swear really really fast) and us living in Spain within the next 5 years. I love it there! (L)

Edited by tsunamihart

All done for the next 10 years...

Now more then ever..."and Miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its all about the money baby.. right now, I can earn more here than there. If that changes, we will be moving back to Canada.

Edited by cmartyn

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

It was my husband who said that he would move to the states. The reasoning behind it was simple, he did not want to uproot my daughter from her family and friends. Such a loving, caring man he is (L)

09/04/2004 - I-129F Filed

18th March 2005 INTERVIEW DATE!!! APPROVED!!!!!

4th May 2005 - MARRIED - Two Hearts become One

19/08/2005 - Biometircs appt in Cleveland - 12pm

12/12/2005 - Received AOS Interview Date

23/01/2006 - AOS Interview in Cleveland at 9.30am

Feb 2006 - Got Green Card. Now a perm resident

April 2006 - Found employment with K-mart...better than being jobless

I will Love You Forever,

I love you so deeply,

I love you so much,

I love the sound of your voice

And the way that we touch.

I love your warm smile

And your kind, thoughtful way,

The joy that you bring

To my life every day.

I love you today

As I have from the start,

And I'll love you forever

With all of my heart

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Due to my education I am currently unemployable (for all intents and purposes) in the Kingdom of Thailand. We're working on that and will return there as soon as we finish with school.

-mike

fnord!

"Of COURSE there's no God... there's nothing BUT God!"

"what shall we say, shall we call it by a name? As well as count the angels dancin' on a pin?" -Let it Grow by the Grateful Dead

"Inspiration, move me brightly. Light the song with sense and color--hold away despair... more than this I will not ask, faced with myst'ries dark and vast... statements just seem vain at last... ... ... ... ..."

-another Dead tune-

We f*cking RULE!!! All other K1'rs pale in comparison to our mighty relationship. We will usher in a new era of rock-osity to this faded world. Prepare yourselves for the party. Hope you like tofu and karaoke.

-mike and ize

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

It was all his idea. And since we're not having an easy time of it out here, in my blog I wrote him this letter:

Dear Sir,

I wish to lodge a complaint regarding your decision to move to the United States. This suck-tastic idea has directly resulted in my being stuck at my dead-end job this afternoon as I suffer from a migraine and jet-lag; moreover, I am also suffering from a lack of readily-available sweets, properly cooked chips, a fully integrated public transport system, mobile phones that don't charge for incoming calls, shopping trolleys with four completely rotating wheels, the NHS, and numerous other small amenities which you seem to have taken for granted. Please consider this letter as my official written notice of disapproval with your policy.

I remain,

J. Rogers

To which he responded:

Dear Mrs Wark (nearly),

Your comments have been read with interest, and shall be noted as direction for official Wark family policy for the near future.

Relocation of the Wark family (messrs Russell, Gwen, Phoenix, Leia and Maiiah), and all chattels, assets and properties pertaining to said persons, shall commence without delay on submission of sufficient remuneration to proceed with the logistical arrangements required for the aforementioned endeavour.

May I offer my sincerest apologies for any previous action taken that has led to these unfortunate episodes of acephalgic migraine, depravation of correctly-prepared potato products, nationalised healthcare, and other associated symptoms and assure you that I shall work to correct these issues forthwith.

If there is any other matter of which I may be of assistance, please advise.

Regards,

R. Wark, Esq.

So yep. We're moving back.

Edited by Gwen666

My idea. I have a house and dog and steady career. She was a traveller, lived with parents, and a cat. My dog was younger so she came here. But like Karo, Oz calls us. We will return in less than a decade.

I love my job.

It was all his idea. And since we're not having an easy time of it out here, in my blog I wrote him this letter:

Dear Sir,

I wish to lodge a complaint regarding your decision to move to the United States. This suck-tastic idea has directly resulted in my being stuck at my dead-end job this afternoon as I suffer from a migraine and jet-lag; moreover, I am also suffering from a lack of readily-available sweets, properly cooked chips, a fully integrated public transport system, mobile phones that don't charge for incoming calls, shopping trolleys with four completely rotating wheels, the NHS, and numerous other small amenities which you seem to have taken for granted. Please consider this letter as my official written notice of disapproval with your policy.

I remain,

J. Rogers

To which he responded:

Dear Mrs Wark (nearly),

Your comments have been read with interest, and shall be noted as direction for official Wark family policy for the near future.

Relocation of the Wark family (messrs Russell, Gwen, Phoenix, Leia and Maiiah), and all chattels, assets and properties pertaining to said persons, shall commence without delay on submission of sufficient remuneration to proceed with the logistical arrangements required for the aforementioned endeavour.

May I offer my sincerest apologies for any previous action taken that has led to these unfortunate episodes of acephalgic migraine, depravation of correctly-prepared potato products, nationalised healthcare, and other associated symptoms and assure you that I shall work to correct these issues forthwith.

If there is any other matter of which I may be of assistance, please advise.

Regards,

R. Wark, Esq.

So yep. We're moving back.

:lol: I love it :thumbs:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

i cannot speak russian or write it..sanita can speak english and write it....decsion made

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

hmmm, I wouldn't be comfortable with a decision this big being made by only one half of a partnership :no: .....hence, it was BOTH our decisions.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony