alienlovechild

Ricky Martin Comes Out: 'I Am a Fortunate Homosexual Man'

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

After years of scrutiny about his sexuality, the Latino pop star declared on his official Web site today that he is "a fortunate homosexual man." Martin explained that he decided to make the announcement after musing about his memoirs and his year-and-a-half-old twin sons, whom he fathered through a surrogate mother in 2008.

"This is just what I need, especially now that I am the father of two beautiful boys that are so full of light and who with their outlook teach me new things every day," Martin wrote. "These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed."

Martin's declaration comes just weeks after Barbara Walters admitted she was wrong to question the singer aggressively about his sexuality during an interview 10 years ago.

"In 2000, I pushed Ricky Martinvery hard to admit if he was gay or not, and the way he refused to do it made everyone decide that he was," Walters told the Toronto Star earlier this month. "A lot of people say that destroyed his career, and when I think back on it now I feel it was an inappropriate question."

Martin, known for hip-shaking Latin pop hits like 1999's "Livin' La Vida Loca," was widely speculated to be gay during the height of his fame. In her 2000 interview, Walters told Martin, "You know, you could stop these rumors. You could say, as many artists have, 'Yes I am gay,' or you could say, 'No, I'm not,' or you could leave it, as you are, ambiguous. I don't want to put you on the spot, but it's

Martin declined to give Walters a direct answer and avoided discussion about his sexuality until now. Below, read the full text of Martin's statement, which was posted on his Web site in English and Spanish.

Many people told me: "Ricky it's not important", "it's not worth it", "all the years you've worked and everything you've built will collapse", "many people in the world are not ready to accept your truth, your reality, your nature". Because all this advice came from people who I love dearly, I decided to move on with my life not sharing with the world my entire truth. Allowing myself to be seduced by fear and insecurity became a self-fulfilling prophecy of sabotage. Today I take full responsibility for my decisions and my actions.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/ricky-martin-fortunate-homosexual-man/story?id=10234454

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im shocked.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What makes him a "fortunate homosexual"?

He has a clean AIDS check or maybe a strong sphincter muscle?

:whistle:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

What makes him a "fortunate homosexual"?

He has a clean AIDS check or maybe a strong sphincter muscle?

:whistle:

Somehow I knew you'd have a comment on this, Danno.

Always the epitome of class.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I saw that article on MSN.com. Already that was more than I wanted to know. And I definitely don't want to see any pics with his S/O or know the details of his gay life. Otherwise I wish him luck now that he got that tid-bit off of his chest.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Finally he feels free to say it!

... What was stopping him? it's 2010 people are coming out of the closet over more bizarre stuff than that now.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I KNEW it!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Who cares?

I am having pork chops for dinner with mashed potatoes, peas and some good bread. Then we are looking over paint colors to choose for our new house (Alla will choose :blush: )and then Alla will sleep next to me naked. Like I give a rat's patoot about Ricky Martin and who he sleeps with naked? I am a lucky heterosexual man.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

:lol: I used to sing his "Livin' la Vida Loca" in karaoke at home for fun when I was younger.

He feels fortunate because he can easily pick up guys that he likes to take home with him.

ricky-martin-nota-de-tapa.jpg

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

I shall remove the fading Menudo poster from my wall. Now it's just a cruel reminder of what shall never be... :crying:

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

The question of orientation is becoming less and less of an issue, as has race,

when you compare how things are now to how things were during the time

when gay rights and civil rights for vocal minorities were in the headlines daily.

I try to go to the YMCA on workday mornings for a workout. I'm not sure who

is gay or not gay there and I couldn't care less. I have only seen so called

"inappropriate behavior" one time in around 10 years, so I wouldn't blame

the institution, only the individuals for that. I've made many friends there,

including one who had a MAJOR impact on my life. Both the staff and the

membership are very mixed regarding racial background, but that also

is a non-issue. In the men's locker room, you hear discussions about

current events, sports, business and approaches to exercise. I can't

speak for what goes on in the ladies'rofl.gif

FYI - that behavior was not directed at me, but was between 2 people

who should have known better in the steam roomunsure.gif

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence