Dan T

border jumpers

203 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

People who skip the process usually do so for economic reasons and are fulfilling the needs for slave labor. They have noi choice and the government wants them for various selfish reasons.

We can end the problem now, today. Implement a $500,000 per day, per person TAX on illegal aliens. You hire an illegal to cut your lawn? Your home is seized and sold to pay the tax. When the economic penalty for hiring illegal aliens EXCEEDS the econmic advantage of hiring them, the practice will STOP immediately. The illegal aliens will walk home just as they walked here and will no longer be exploited as slave labor.

This will not happen. Republicans want them to replace the slaves and oppressed and segregated balck that came before them as cheap labor for business. Democrats want them because their legal relatives vote for emocrats and the ones that get amnesty will also. They also need social welfare programs and are dependent on Democrats. They simply are way to useful to politicians to ever get rid of them. Politicians figured out how to oppress people while appearing to help them and how to call anyone that opposes the politicians "racists" for wanting people to be free and treated with respect and dignity.

Instead they will waste our money building fences to "look" like they are doing something. Amnesty will make legal immigrants of them, but they will not have the skills to compete with people for minimum wage...they will lose their jobs and go on welfare...which is the plan. Then a few million more illegal will come to fill the gap...call it a slave conscription...that is what it is.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

0ur journey has left me very bitter. That is all I have to say.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

People who skip the process usually do so for economic reasons and are fulfilling the needs for slave labor. They have noi choice and the government wants them for various selfish reasons.

We can end the problem now, today. Implement a $500,000 per day, per person TAX on illegal aliens. You hire an illegal to cut your lawn? Your home is seized and sold to pay the tax. When the economic penalty for hiring illegal aliens EXCEEDS the econmic advantage of hiring them, the practice will STOP immediately. The illegal aliens will walk home just as they walked here and will no longer be exploited as slave labor.

This will not happen. Republicans want them to replace the slaves and oppressed and segregated balck that came before them as cheap labor for business. Democrats want them because their legal relatives vote for emocrats and the ones that get amnesty will also. They also need social welfare programs and are dependent on Democrats. They simply are way to useful to politicians to ever get rid of them. Politicians figured out how to oppress people while appearing to help them and how to call anyone that opposes the politicians "racists" for wanting people to be free and treated with respect and dignity.

Instead they will waste our money building fences to "look" like they are doing something. Amnesty will make legal immigrants of them, but they will not have the skills to compete with people for minimum wage...they will lose their jobs and go on welfare...which is the plan. Then a few million more illegal will come to fill the gap...call it a slave conscription...that is what it is.

and lets not forget the free health care they will get

Filed: Timeline
Border jumpers have no background check, medical exam, interview, often steal identities and pay little to no taxes. They are criminals that should be deported.

Illegal immigration is not a victimless crime.

Yep, that sums it up.

Hey, how's that for an old Maoist, Dan?

Yep, that sums it up.

Hey, how's that for an old Maoist, Dan?

for someone thats so familiar with them why dont you draw the parallels for us unwashed masses not worthy of your ivory tower

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

and lets not forget the free health care they will get

The American public at large subsidizes illegal labor for corporate America.

Illegal immigrants may be majority at Harris hospitals

By TODD ACKERMAN

2010 Houston Chronicle

March 23, 2010, 10:54PM

Illegal immigrants likely would become the largest patient pool of the Harris County Hospital District as a result of health care reform unless the taxpayer-funded institution can attract more insured patients than it currently serves, according to public health experts.

Hospital district President David Lopez said he's optimistic the district can better market itself to capture a larger percentage of covered patients but acknowledged that even if the district is successful, it must prepare for major shifts that will come with the landmark legislation President Barack Obama signed into law Tuesday.

“With more people qualifying for coverage beginning in 2014, some of whom will go to other hospitals for their care, there will be questions about how to best maintain our payer mix,” Lopez said. “Certainly, the undocumented will become a bigger proportion of our patients who don't have insurance.”

Illegal immigrants currently account for 18 percent of the district's patients.

Lopez said the district must capture a large enough percentage of paying patients to remain viable but added that he's confident staff will figure out a way to make the finances work. He said he doesn't yet know how large the percentage needs to be.

Lopez also said he hopes that between now and 2014, Congress achieves some sort of immigration reform that reduces the district's burden of caring for illegal immigrants. He speculated that such reform might allow illegal immigrants to buy into an insurance program.

The district, which was created by voter referendum in 1965 and came into existence as a taxing authority in 1966, provides safety-net care to low-income, uninsured and underinsured and vulnerable populations. Harris County has the nation's highest rate of uninsured patients.

Health care reform is ultimately expected to extend coverage in the county to an additional 750,000 to 800,000 people, or between 90 percent and 95 percent of its uninsured U.S. residents.

“The challenge for the hospital district will be to become competitive for those new patients, patients who beginning in 2014 will have coverage and suddenly can go to Methodist or Memorial Hermann or St. Luke's,” said Dr. Brent King, chairman of emergency medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and a practicing doctor at both Memorial Hermann Hospital and the district's Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital. “Will they stay at the district or instead go to hospitals perceived as more customer-friendly?”

Excess of hospital beds

Currently, the district captures 18 percent of Harris County patients eligible for Medicaid, 3 percent of those eligible for Medicare and 0.5 percent of those with private insurance, according to the Teaching Hospitals of Texas, a nonprofit group focused on state, public and nonprofit hospitals and health systems.

King said the newly covered patients will be attractive to Houston-area private hospitals that will be under pressure to fill or eliminate beds expected to be 30 percent underutilized within a couple years, when Methodist and Texas Children's have finished construction of hospitals between the Beltway and Katy.

Lopez said private hospitals won't be able to accommodate all the new patients and will be grateful for the district.

But he also said the district needs to do a better job of “changing people's perceptions of who we are, that our quality, outcomes, cost and patient satisfaction surveys compare very favorably with other hospitals.”

Lopez also noted that the district is making improvements to its facilities, such as converting maternity rooms from four-bed units to two.

John Guest, former president of the hospital district and current president of the Teaching Hospitals of Texas, said he thinks a shifting of patients will alleviate much if not all of the crowding that plagues the district. He said he does not know that the shift will leave the district with mostly illegal immigrants, noting that the homeless, the mentally ill and other patients unable to navigate the health care system need a safety net.

“I think the community recognizes the importance of the hospital district,” Lopez said. “There will always be a need for a publicly funded system that addresses the needs of individuals who don't have health care coverage.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/6927229.html

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

for someone thats so familiar with them why dont you draw the parallels for us unwashed masses not worthy of your ivory tower

familiar with whom? illegal immigrants? just because I happen to see them on way into the office working on the strawberry fields around here doesn't mean that I know them. in fact, I have not ever met anyone I knew to be here illegally. I don't support illegal immigration and think that employment verification ought to be tightened to the point where there no economic benefit is to be had for those that come - or stay - here illegally. I also, now hold on tight, don't believe that citizenship should be bestowed based on being born on our soil but based on the citizenship of the parents of the child - with very few allowances where children might be stateless if born here and not afforded US citizenship. Very few would fall into such category. this concludes the message from the ivory tower.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

familiar with whom? illegal immigrants? just because I happen to see them on way into the office working on the strawberry fields around here doesn't mean that I know them. in fact, I have not ever met anyone I knew to be here illegally. I don't support illegal immigration and think that employment verification ought to be tightened to the point where there no economic benefit is to be had for those that come - or stay - here illegally. I also, now hold on tight, don't believe that citizenship should be bestowed based on being born on our soil but based on the citizenship of the parents of the child - with very few allowances where children might be stateless if born here and not afforded US citizenship. Very few would fall into such category. this concludes the message from the ivory tower.

Maybe you can sell that concept to your messiah Obama. Apparently he hasn't gotten the memo and has other plans that are more politically advantageous to his agenda. To be fair...Bush and his cronies were just as bad...but they do not hold majorities in both houses of congress or the Whitehouse anymore. You can't blame them anymore.

While I have been accused of being a Republican because I'm conservative, that is far from the truth. I'm an Independent because the politicians of both major parties continue to sell out America for different reasons, but the result is the same. The American people continue to get screwed.

Edited by peejay

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Maybe you can sell that concept to your messiah Obama.

I don't have any messiah. I do not support, nor have I ever supported any immigration reform package that puts amnesty for the illegal aliens in the country today front and center and just puts some feel good decoration around it to make it palatable. You know that. And it doesn't matter who tries to sell it. I want to see the flow of illegal immigration stopped - by pulling the economic opportunity plug - and let those here illegally self deport. What remains, you put on a bus and wave farewell.

Filed: Other Timeline

I also, now hold on tight, don't believe that citizenship should be bestowed based on being born on our soil but based on the citizenship of the parents of the child - with very few allowances where children might be stateless if born here and not afforded US citizenship. Very few would fall into such category. this concludes the message from the ivory tower.

Amen to that, brother. Where do I sign?

Unfortunately, it would require an amendment to the Constitution, so it's very unlikely that this will happen during our lifetime.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

i meant familiar with mao actually, my bad for not being more clear. honestly though you actually are making sense so far on this issue but i refer you to the obama as your messiah post and await your response.

i meant familiar with mao actually, my bad for not being more clear. honestly though you actually are making sense so far on this issue but i refer you to the obama as your messiah post and await your response.

It's already there, kiddo. Up a few posts. See it? There you go.

Filed: Other Timeline

When being able to live, thrive and be happy becomes conditional, those who would deny others the opportunity to live dignified lives, contribute to the structural violence that the current systems in place perpetuate.

Candice,

one of the best submissions I've encountered since joining VJ. I had to give it a "thumbs up." Did you by any chance study philosophy?

I hope to forgive me when I just jump on your train and offer another perspective: exploring the difference between legal and illegal.

Let's do it in 3 easy steps, shall we?

Example 1: Drugs

If you smoke pot in the Netherlands, it's legal. If you do that in the US, it's a crime. If you admit to having smoked pot, even once, you are declared a persona non grata for the US, despite the fact that even most Presidents of the United States have done that.

Is smoking pot illegal because it is "bad?" If so, why is it only bad for US citizens, but not for Dutch people? Or is smoking pot only "bad" if it's done on US soil, yet not on Dutch soil? If it's not bad on Dutch soil, is it still bad if USCs do it in the Netherlands? So it it a moral issue, a geographic one, or a genetic one?

How can something be legal and illegal at the same time?

Example 2: Sex

If a 19 year-old has sex with a 17 year-old in any European country, it's perfectly okay. If the same person has sex with his girlfriend in the US, it's Statutory Rape, a crime, for which he may go to jail and has to register as a sex offender.

Is having sex with a 17 year-old illegal because it's "bad?" If so, is it only bad for US citizens, but not for Europeans? Or is it bad because European girls are more developed and more mature than US girls? How can something be legal and illegal in two otherwise identical societies?

Example 3: Immigration

If you enter the US with a visa, or as participant of the WVP, you're legal. If you overstay only one day, even if it's beyond your control (sick/accident), you're illegal. If you marry your fiance in the US, you're still illegal. If your finance is a USC, you're legal again. If you enter the US, get married, and adjust status, having planed so, you're illegal. If you didn't plan it, you're legal. So the difference between the latter two is a mindset, right?

Illegal immigrants can become legal with the stroke of a pen. EWI, now a deal breaker, can be wiped off the law with another signature. There's no inherent quality to legality and illegality; it's all interpretation.

The line between legal and illegal is constantly changing and open to the mood of lawmakers. You can be a rapist or murderer and get amnesty for your crimes plus become part of the witness protection program at the will of a single D.A. Why?

Food for thought, people.

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

I feel the same way about people who lie to the customs/border patrol and say they are visiting, knowing full well they are just going to marry and apply for AoS to circumvent the process.

I agree with this. I know someone who's done this and I never want to have anything to do with them. For those of us who go through the process legally it is trying and emotionally exhausting but at the end of the day we've done things right. Those who cheat to get in deserve to whatever consequences the law has for them if they're found out. As for the poor Bosnian lady. I do feel bad for her.