Dan T

border jumpers

203 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
which post #, i must have missed it
Probably buried in my long opus in response to Just Bob a couple of nights ago, or one of mine before that. (Post numbers keep changing when the Moderators get deletion-happy.)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

were really addressing several issues here that are getting obsured by the focus on spanish speakers. several questions really have to be asked.

number 1 for me is are they in our country in accordance with the currently existing laws, if not i dont give a damn what their native language is regardless of my fondness for their country/culture of origin my uniform response is "GET THE HELL OUT!" and come back when youre ready to follow the law. Am I an advocate for changing our laws? absolutely, but that does not reduce my anger towards those that ignored the ones that we have currently especially considering what I have had to go through in regards to my irish born wife. this also applies to work authorization, proper documentation, paying taxes etc.

number 2, should rightfully be under a sepreate thread to this one, and is actually a 3 parter and for me and takes in 1 factor of how willing you are to assimilate once you arrive and 2 is how long have you lived here continuously and 3 is how long do you intend to stay. Does assimilation mean that you completely discard the language/culture into which you were born and of which you may rightfully be exceedingly proud? not by my definition it doesnt, diversity is to be treasured. It does, however, mean that an immigrant make their best effort, and I realize not all people are equally intellectually equiped so there is some major degree of wiggle room on this measurement, to learn the language and act in accordance with the culture of the host country sufficient to interact with its native born citizens. I generally reserve my most severe anger for people who have lived here for 5 or more uninterrupted years and continue to choose to only associate with people from their own country of origin, shop only in the shops that cater to that country, and speak only the native language of that country. someone who just arrived last week, again I refer to the wiggle room, or plans to only live here for a few months I have much more tollerance of. do I feel that it adds to my life experience to interact with people who are, by accudent of birth, from a different culture/speak a different language than myself? you bet i do. that doesnt change the fact that i want to kick out as quickly as posible the people who have no notion of making the same effort.

I agree with you 100%

Filed: Timeline

So I am left wondering where all the chest-beating-mouth-breathing-illegal-screaming peeps are here who talk up a good game, yet when are presented with someone who has been living here illegally for more than a decade - not a peep is made. Me thinks there is just a lot of empty hateful rhetoric spewing pu$ies round these parts.

I made a comment to that poster in this thread. It was ignored.

Filed: Timeline

For Lal

Implying that only illegals-turned-legal have a 'better understanding' than 'many of us' is a bit harsh, imo. I don't know your situation other than what your timeline suggests, but illegals who become legal are not 'bad guy to good' in my book. You willfully broke immigration law, and were rewarded afterwards. I don't think that's right.

I don't care who it is trying to immigrate...if you can't legally get in, there is absolutely no place for you (general you) here.

And thanks to the healthcare bill, you can get that headache treated. :devil:

i can get it treated without one too but lets not turn this into another one of those threads. i mean ill never stop talking about how much this bill sucks so the headache would be perpetual anyway. its a viscious circle really. i know its a conspiracy by headache doctors the trilatteral commision is behind all of this. how many head ache causing things can we throw into this border jumper thread.

my biological clock is (stomp stomp stomp) ticking like this