dreamchaser

Sad Update

107 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

So sorry to hear this. I wish I had anything helpful to say.

All the best for you and your son.

AOS & EAD:

10/13/2006 - sent AOS and EAD documents

10/18/2006 - NOA1

11/02/2006 - biometrics appointment in Santa Ana

01/05/2007 - interview appointment in Santa Ana - APPROVED!!!

01/16/2007 - greencard in mail

01/22/2007 - EAD card in mail (well, thank you very much)

javatar1.jpgjavbw2.jpgjavbw4.jpgjavbw1.jpg

avbw1.jpgavbw3.jpgavbw2.jpgavbw4.jpg

Jonnie & Sandra

sorry about what happ? but feel good about one thing you discovered well ahead of time..

All things happen for good so cheer up and look at the other way which you would hv been hurted more.. look at the better side

Cheer up

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Fi - no shame on you girl - you werent the lying douche-bag in that relationship.

You are strong, you will get your life back on track and your son will admire you for it and draw strength from you.

Your new journey is just beginning and I know it will be a better one than it has been.

Hugs and luck to you. (F)

Tho I hope yr ex's cojones turn black and fall off, and he gets his (he will don't doubt it - he'll die a loneley old bitter man and rightfully so) but that's cos I'm righteous and vengeful :)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear this has happened to you and your son. :(

Praying things will get better for you now that your back to the UK.

HUGS (F)

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

oh fiona... i am so sad to hear your news. i cannot understand how people can be so callous and uncaring. trust me, he will definitely get his back tenfold! :angry: we should hire a VJ van and go TP his house! :lol:

but seriously, i cannot begin to imagine what you and your son have gone through because of this jerk. just be glad that you know now, and not after the wedding. you still have your whole life ahead of you and the right one will come along. as for now, just do your best to pick up the pieces and start fresh. think on it as a new chapter in your life full of possibilities.

but i am curious and someone can comment please, can't she report him to USCIS for fraud? he signed documents stating that he had intent to marry her. its not that he changed his mind, which he is totally entitled to do. but it seems like he never really wanted to marry her. so to my mind, he lied to the US Gov't. i would seriously look into that, fiona. perhaps there is someone at the consulate who can help you in that respect. i don't advocate revenge (often :whistle: ), but i think he needs to be aware that he caused a tremendous amount of damage and he should be held responsible for it.

good luck fiona. just know that everyone here wishes you well and take encouragement from all these posts. we are rooting for you to be happy and find peace and joy in your life.

all the best,

naya.

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just want you to know that you are not alone when it comes to being abused by the person that you trust your heart too, you see I too have gone thru some bad changes as a result of trusting the man that I loved and thought he loved me too. Our outcome is similiar, except I had a child and I'm the USC.

I had a baby for my husband and before the child was one month old this man abandoned us, I maxed- out my credit cards getting him the latest medical books, lectures and questions for him to take his step one USMLE test. I went to work pregnant while he stayed at home and studied for his medical test( At his request ) until I started missing too many days and bills were piling up, so I asked him to look for work, which he didn't want to do.

I can go on, but I won't. The long and short of my story is that this man is a doctor in his hometown Nigeria, and he knew that if he could only get to America he could make it on his own, he just needed someone, anyone to help him get by Immigration in his homeland Nigeria ( I also payed for his plane tickett here to the states, as many of us USC do ) and to past his Step 1 for his medical license, and the rest he could get help from Nigerians already here. ( That's what I now think )

Orginally before he came here, he was telling me that he loved me and that we'd work on our problems should any occur and breaking a marriage wasen't in his plans, he told me that in his tribe when men marry they marry for life, however once he got here and we married, things changed and he had a new attitude, he would start arguments and do things to purposely get a negative response from me then he starting moving in and out of the apartment, and eventually left for good, when our son was less then one month old, now during our divorce he's telling the judge lies with nothing to back them up, so now I know this man never wanted me and has nothing to do with his son, but goes to court and say that I won't let him see him.

So you see, I'm also in a messy situation, this man went from a loving caring men to a cut throat type scammer. Fiona, I can identify with your feeling, but now you know that your not alone, and I bet that there are others out there that have been thru this process and landed worse off then the both of us.

I like to think that God put me in this situation because he knows that I can and will handle it well and he will get the glory out of it, no matter what , to God be all the Glory. And to my dear husband, may he gets all that he deserve's, like someone has mentioned, what comes around goes around, so try hard to focus on rebuilding your life and your son, I know it's easier said then done but try, then rejoice in the fact that one day you and your son will remember this experience as a lesson learned.

Karen

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

First of all I wish to say... HUGSSSS....

NEVER NEVER be ashamed of what actions someone else places upon you ..

Persons like him.. will get their due.. .. best be when it affects him most.. ..

he will get his life rug pulled out from under him.. schumck.. ..

Main thing.. be strong.. .. Hold your head high... remember... your Son.. will learn.

Know that he sees the actions of this man... he will remember.. and will remember that

this is not a way any lady should be treated. If anything at all is learned from this whole situation

just knowing you and your son.. can stand on your own feet.. no matter where.. or how.. you

are much better without this..

It hurts.. yes.. but please dont cause this to get you to lose faith in men..

Your love will be there.. one day when you least expect it.. ..

Until then.. thank god that you found out now.. .. before.. something really bad happened..

If he could have treated you as this before you marry.. can you imagine what could have

happened once you were here and married... ..

(F)

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So very Sorry to hear this , for your son and yourself , be stong.

never feel shame for things you have not done

Fiona, We all here at vj , Wish you the best of luck.

And many happy days ahead for you and your son (F)(F)(F)

mike & jemema

7-28-05 first met online

10-4-05 engaged-in phills

12-19-05 filed I-129-f

NOA1??????????

1/23/06 NOA2 RECIEVED , SNAIL MAIL

1/25/06 nvc recieve's petiton

1/27/06 forward to manila

1/29/06 manila recieved

5/18/06 medical exam

5/25/06 INTERVIEW

APPROVED......................

5/26/06 Visa in Hand

6/5/06 Back to the States Together

6/13/06 Applied for SSN

6/26/06 recieved ssn

7/28/06 Wedding planned

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Fionna,

I feel just awful reading about what you went thru! What makes a person want to do something so horrible as to what you have endured?

Don't give up on love. Keep searching and smiling!

Pim and Joe

PIM & JOE

K1 FILED JAN 27th

NOA1 JAN 30th

Check Cleared FEB 2nd

April 26th sent Email Inquiry to CSC

April 28th "Touched"

April 29th "Touched"

May 2nd "Touched"

May 3rd "RFE"

May 3rd now waiting for RFE letter content

May 8th "RFE" received

May 10th Flew out of state to obtain evidence

May 11th Flew home, copied RFE and Returned to CSC

May 17th "Touched"

May 18th NOA2 Approval at long last!

May 30th Received NVC Case number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just when I thought I had no more tears to shed, I read all your kind messages and again, the tears fall.

Thanks you all so very much, it was so lovely and encouraging to read all your messages, and from the bottom of my heart I thank you all.

And wish all of your on this journey, the best of luck and happiness.

Fiona

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Lots of hugs for you Fiona. You are a strong woman. Your son is blessed to have such a wonderful mom. Thank you for your candor to post your experiences, I'm sure it will help someone in the same situation.

You can do this. When you need support, VJ is here. (F)

Edited by daisy16

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
Just when I thought I had no more tears to shed, I read all your kind messages and again, the tears fall.

Thanks you all so very much, it was so lovely and encouraging to read all your messages, and from the bottom of my heart I thank you all.

And wish all of your on this journey, the best of luck and happiness.

Fiona

You are really nice in that you can still find it in your heart to wish us luck and happiness. That scumbag missed out on the best thing he could ever have in his life.

Good luck to you for the readjustment and all. My thoughts are with you right now...

By the way, I am the beneficiary of a K-1 visa process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My heart truly goes out to Fiona. Never stop believing that there is someone out there for you. I know this is difficult now. But finding true love in this world is priceless. It will find you when you least expect it.

Scott

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.