LuzyC

Do You Still Believe In Courtship?

26 posts in this topic

Are You A Modern-Day Chick Who Follows Her Heart Or An Old -Fashioned Gal Who Needs To Be Wooed With Flowers ,Chocolate ,And The Works Before Committing To A Guy?

Here In the Philippines,Courtship Or Ligawan still rules..it is very romantic to me.Im a Romantic by nature,seing guys do things they've never done just to get your attention always amazes me,I feel so loved appreciated and respected.Aside that Gary giving his 100% love to me i find it so sweet and amazing when he make tattoo of my name on his arms as one of his MILLIONS way of coutship!And he still courting me up to this day..so sweeeettttt!!!

Luz.jpgPicture007-Tattoo.jpg

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh I love it when Dave does his romantic things.... the things he writes the things he does.... I don't even have words to explain how I feel. It's like I'm a princess or something. :luv:

It's been that way since we met... even after living together he hasn't taken me for granted once and is always trying to do special things... even if it's renting my favorite movie and making the popcorn for me, or surprising me with a beutiful letter, or singing for me when it's bed time.... oh I just love everything! hehe

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Both I guess? I tend to be a bit of a cynic so a plainly planned romantic evening by most standards would most likely make me snicker. It's more a mental 'woo'...not being asked to supply a wish list for gift giving occasions and still getting stuff I like for example...I'm admittedly hard to shop for, so that's a big big deal to me.

-12/15/06 Mailed off I-129F

-12/19/06 NOA1 via email

-01/05/07 NOA2 via email

-01/13/07 NVC notice via snail mail

-01/25/07 Packet 3 arrives.

-02/22/07 Packet 3 is mailed.

-03/02/07 Medical

-03/13/07 Packet 4 arrives.

-03/16-24/07 Honey visits.

-04/02/07 Interview(Approved)

-04/10/07 Visa arrives.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Are You A Modern-Day Chick Who Follows Her Heart Or An Old -Fashioned Gal Who Needs To Be Wooed With Flowers ,Chocolate ,And The Works Before Committing To A Guy?

Hmm...I'm a mix of both. Obviously Sujeet was in India while we were falling in love and it wasn't so easy for him to send me stuff all the time. I didn't expect that. I'm old fashioned in some ways, and modern in other ways. What mattered most to me was how he felt about "us", and to get to know eachother well before committing. I wasn't expecting a bunch of gifts and such before I would commit, I was just expecting a sincere heart. Gifts and all that are great, definitely! Instead of material gifts he'd write me a poem or something. He did send me stuff but that's not why I decided to commit. :)

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If by courtship you mean having to ask the parents permission to see your daughter and having to spend every date at her house with the parents and never being allowed to touch or kiss or anything... then no

Filed: Timeline
If by courtship you mean having to ask the parents permission to see your daughter and having to spend every date at her house with the parents and never being allowed to touch or kiss or anything... then no

dude it hasn't meant that since the 30s :P

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

it still means that in certain places in the south

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Joel is right!

STewart asked my parents permission - darn right!!

I do live in the south however. I don't have a single friend that would have married ANYONE had they not spoken to their parents first,

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

I don't have a single friend that would have married ANYONE had they not spoken to their parents first,

Actually, that was true for my wife and I as well.

hmm..no suprise..would have been if you did not ask...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

I know that even if a girl has a boyfriend, or a boy has a girlfriend, if he treats another girl nice (flowers, chocolates...) eventually she will think that he really does love her. So, no matter what, courtship still works, even if it's not practiced so much.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Let me tell ya...it's still alive and well here in the south. I know some ultra conservative homeschool families that believe in that...AND they implement it. One lady I know who homeschools her kids firmly believes this is the way to find a decent upstanding mate. Her oldest son "courted" his wife...never once was he alone with her (lust of the flesh you know) and the first time they kissed was on their wedding day. There are several families in that area that practice this form of "courtship". Interesting.....

Oh yeah...the 30's is still alive in some parts of the South.

Joel wasn't able to ask my father's permission...daddy died in '98. However, he did have my beloved mother's blessings before she passed in '05. Joel didn't need to buy me things or send flowers (chocolate is always accepted though ;) ) but he is the most romantic man I've ever known. It's not what he says, it's what he does that shows me how much he loves me. The type of courtship Luz refers to is what I think of when the word courtship is mentioned...and I have to admit is rather sweet. :luv:

:)

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn