kaylamarie

Case Specific Information Requests

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
hey Gary and Alla i relly appreciate if you could get me som answer
Did you see what Gary said? Please read accurately and interpret literally.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Wow... thanks for all that great info.! One question for now: The G-325 has a blank that says File Number A...? What the hell is this?? And then at the end it asks for the Alien Registration #... Anyone know how to fill this out or IF I have to fill that part out? I don't know how I'd have a file number when I haven't even filed yet...???

Thanks,

Katy

The A number is the alien registration number, typically a K-1 visa petitioner would not have one, but you WILL when you complete another G-325a for the AOS. The form is used for many purposes. For now, just answer "none"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi,

very helpful information indeed!

our case falls under AWA, it has been pending for 1 year and 7 months, checked their website and it's still on INITIAL REVIEW. my fiance submitted court record when he filed the petition in march 2008. he already had his biometric done last april2009. court record is sent but my fiance never receive a NOID or any waiver as such that he poses no risk to me. i am just wondering what are they actually reviewing and why it's taking that long? i appreciate it if any additional information from him will be included so at least we will be guided as to what's the best thing to do aside from waiting. i wish they can just give direct answers if cases like still has hope. thank you very much and sorry if ever this post is out of the way. i'm just starting to lose hope. :crying:

Timeline
Is there anyone success for extension for approval period? I am worrying for that. thanks

If you mean the approved petition...yes. Contact the consulate and ask for an extension.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Gary

I have been following this tread with great interest as I am now going through the K-1 ( with a K-2 to follow) process now. I just received my NOA1 a few days ago. Since he is now in the army, serving his tour of duty (Belarus) he will not be able to join me or his mother until July 2010. He ages out, turns 21, on Nov 1. If he can ge his butt over to Poland for his interview ( medical exam would have been with his mother maybe in Jan or Feb 2010) in July or August and then hops a plane here to NY and I file for his AOS ASAP, even if it takes a few months, we might still be in process come Nov1. It would be great to have a warm and fuzzy knowing that I did not have to go to court if he is denied. Thoughts? And thank you for all the good info.

Greg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline
Gary

I have been following this tread with great interest as I am now going through the K-1 ( with a K-2 to follow) process now. I just received my NOA1 a few days ago. Since he is now in the army, serving his tour of duty (Belarus) he will not be able to join me or his mother until July 2010. He ages out, turns 21, on Nov 1. If he can ge his butt over to Poland for his interview ( medical exam would have been with his mother maybe in Jan or Feb 2010) in July or August and then hops a plane here to NY and I file for his AOS ASAP, even if it takes a few months, we might still be in process come Nov1. It would be great to have a warm and fuzzy knowing that I did not have to go to court if he is denied. Thoughts? And thank you for all the good info.

Greg

Small Correction. Just received my NOA2. :wacko:

Timeline
Gary

Greg

Sounds as though he will be a K-2 to follow, yes? This can actually work in your favor. Let his mother come and adjust status ASAP. The apply for the K-2 to follow. We had to do a "Quickie" AOS for our oldest son this summer, not because of age out but because he had to return for college. Here is what we did...

He arrived July 16. We filed AOS on July 17th. We got the NOA1 for the AOS about 10 days later. We took the NOA1 to the local office (infopass). I had already met with the local office before he came. While we were there, they called the Chicago office and ordered his file to sent ASAP. They processed an AP application and did his biometrics. We got the AP in less than two weeks. He was scheduled to leave Sept. 8th and we got his Green Card September 5th. This quick turnaround was possible because Alla had already been here nearly a year and had already adjusted status. AOS for a K-2 is pretty much a slam dunk, there is nothing "to prove" per se. We had no "interview" but we did spend more time than normal for an interview in the office handling all this. The IO spent more time with our son than with Alla for the interview! The local office here was GREAT in handling our case. Seems that once you get past the service center paper mill, things go a lot smoother.

Also it seems that as long as the AOS if FILED before he turns 21 you are OK. Problems arise when the child (if you call him that) is issued a visa before age 21 and then, for whatever reason, does not file AOS until after he turns 21. I had specifically asked this in my questions and the answer was..."file AOS before he turns 21". See above.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
hi,

very helpful information indeed!

our case falls under AWA, it has been pending for 1 year and 7 months, checked their website and it's still on INITIAL REVIEW. my fiance submitted court record when he filed the petition in march 2008. he already had his biometric done last april2009. court record is sent but my fiance never receive a NOID or any waiver as such that he poses no risk to me. i am just wondering what are they actually reviewing and why it's taking that long? i appreciate it if any additional information from him will be included so at least we will be guided as to what's the best thing to do aside from waiting. i wish they can just give direct answers if cases like still has hope. thank you very much and sorry if ever this post is out of the way. i'm just starting to lose hope. :crying:

I have not even gotten into the AWA or VAWA with this man yet. He has mentioned it in passing and did recommend (see above) to use an AILA attorney for these kinds of cases and he is not a big supporter of attorneys in general. I will be meeting and speaking to him more in the future (his wife and my wife are pretty good friends and as far as I know they will both be at our place for a party Nov. 1) so I am sure we will eventually get into this. Sorry I cannot say anything more right now.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have not even gotten into the AWA or VAWA with this man yet. He has mentioned it in passing and did recommend (see above) to use an AILA attorney for these kinds of cases and he is not a big supporter of attorneys in general. I will be meeting and speaking to him more in the future (his wife and my wife are pretty good friends and as far as I know they will both be at our place for a party Nov. 1) so I am sure we will eventually get into this. Sorry I cannot say anything more right now.

thank you very much. i appreciate whatever additional enlightenment/information you can gather from him related to cases like this (AWA).

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I got a "touch" on 10-30-09 AND 11-01-09. Touched on a Sunday? I thought they didn't work on the weekends. At any rate, I hope these are good touches as opposed to bad touches, (giggles). I filed in September and it looks like Igor's list is claiming that about 70% of us have been approved. Crazy. Me next, please?

post-70527-1257137911_thumb.jpg

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
Wow. I got a "touch" on 10-30-09 AND 11-01-09. Touched on a Sunday? I thought they didn't work on the weekends. At any rate, I hope these are good touches as opposed to bad touches, (giggles). I filed in September and it looks like Igor's list is claiming that about 70% of us have been approved. Crazy. Me next, please?

Just curious as to how there is a touch on your petition-did you log on to the case status website and saw there is a "last update on the case date" (if so, you check your case status on a Sunday? :thumbs: I know I did.), or was it a SMS/email notification?

I didn't receive any texts or e-mails notifying me of the "touches"...

HOWEVER -

I did receive a text this morning telling me my case had been updated and it instructed me to get online for details. I was excited because I was certain it was NOA2 time. Guess what? IT WAS A FUGGIN' RFE!!! I packed that thing with everything they asked for and more. It makes no sense. Ugh. Now I have to wait for at least 3 to 4 days to get the notification in the mail so I can see what they mistakenly believe I'm missing. Fab. Oh well, even with the likely month-long delay this will cause I suppose I shouldn't complain. It seems to be going very fast. Neverthless, I call BUGGERY!!!

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

HOWEVER -

I did receive a text this morning telling me my case had been updated and it instructed me to get online for details. I was excited because I was certain it was NOA2 time. Guess what? IT WAS A FUGGIN' RFE!!! I packed that thing with everything they asked for and more. It makes no sense. Ugh. Now I have to wait for at least 3 to 4 days to get the notification in the mail so I can see what they mistakenly believe I'm missing. Fab. Oh well, even with the likely month-long delay this will cause I suppose I shouldn't complain. It seems to be going very fast. Neverthless, I call BUGGERY!!!

I am very sorry to hear about your RFE, but if I were you, when I receive a text message other than an "approval" message, I could draw a conclusion that it is nothing other than RFE, or anything that's not good. Again, sorry to hear about your RFE.

Timeline

HOWEVER -

I am guessing it is not a mistake. It is very easy to supply what you think they want, but in fact be in error. Unless dealing with a known difficult consulate where frontloading can offer some advantage at the consulate level (South Korea is not) I am a minimalist at heart. "Everything they asked for and more" often results in "more of everything except what they ask for". More of anything has absolutely no benefit at USCIS and focusing attention on unneeded things can take attention away from what is needed. Also, no amount of unneeded documents papers, emails, phone bills, photos, etc. will make up for one missing document which is required.

Let us know what happens. Good luck

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.