Case Specific Information Requests

64 posts in this topic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Good Morning! Called DoS they told me the embassy in Kiev received electronic version of paperwork but havent recieved the hard copy yet. Is that mean that we can schedule an interview or not ? Thanks for a reply

VSCvictim...I answered your PM. No, you cannot make an appointment until the file is received in Kiev and entered in their system. They update their system each Friday evening, so check on Monday morning, if it is not there, wait until the next Monday. It commonly takes 2-3 weeks for the case to be entrered

To the OP and others...pinned topics are not the best place to get answers to your questions on other issues, try the regular forums or regional forums.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

ADDRESS CHANGE INFORMATION

-Our experience.

OKay, so we did everything right and things still messed up. -- It happens, I get it, but when they send out my Green Card to the wrong address after we did everything to make sure they had our correct address, I start to get pretty mad.

So we moved in August, I had lodged my AOS in late June.

I filed my AR-11, changed my address online, called USCIS and notified the varying offices that were holding my case AND had my mail forwarded by USPS from my old address to my new address.

I have photocopies of the AR-11 (along with the registered mail receipt).

I received mail at my NEW address from USCIS notifying me that they acknowledged my address change.

I checked my case status online after I received an automated email telling me my green card had been approved and that a "Welcome package and PR card was being sent out".

I waited and waited....nothing. Then I receive a the Welcome Package that had been forward from my old address -- Lucky I had my mail forwarded. Still waiting for my PR card. I call USCIS they say that they cant check my address details over the phone; that they can only record that I called with my concerns and that someone will contact me by the 17th of DECEMBER, 2009 (2 months later--Im still waiting for that call. ).

I asked the USCIS representative WHY this had happened... I had done everything that was required; documented, notified, etc. (For the record, the lady I spoke with was the most INCOMPETENT person I have ever dealt with). The USCIS representative told me that some times we just have to "HOPE" that we receive all the correct documentation.

I'm sorry but I fail to see why I should have to HOPE that people know how to do their jobs. MY PR card is solely the most important piece of documentation to-date.

Long story short, USICS advised me that the PR card is sent out in a regular envelope; no USCIS labels on it. This means that USPS prossibly would not forward the mail as they may assume it is junk/spam mail. (When you have your mail forwarded by USPS they only forward mail that is marked --bills etc).

So I waited went each day to our old address for the postman.

FINALLY my card turned up (At the old address). I have notified USCIS AGAIN with the AR-11, online address change AND on the telephone. Lets hope that any documents in the future find me....though I doubt it.

This post is not to scare you, but rather just a FRIENDLY reminder that you need to be on-top of your case. You cant leave it up to USCIS follow it up.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-28

NVC Received : 2008-09-12

NVC Left : 2008-09-19

Consulate Received : 2008-09-19

Packet 3 Received : 2008-09-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-09-24

Packet 4 Received : 2008-11-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-25

Visa Received : 2008-11-25

US Entry : 2009-05-15

Marriage : 2009-06-06

I-129f was approved in 132 days from NOA1 date.

Interview took 221 days from I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Port of Entry : Los Angeles

POE Date : 2009-05-15

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : New York City NY

Date Filed : 2009-06-24

NOA Date : 2009-07-06

RFE(s) : 2009-07-10

Bio. Appt. : 2009-08-01

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-06

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-10-08

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received: 2009-10-28

Comments : REMEMBER: At biometrics, remember to take along your marriage certificate if you are using your passport (with your maiden name)\.

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Approved Date : 2009-08-14

Timeline

-Our experience.

OKay, so we did everything right and things still messed up. -- It happens, I get it, but when they send out my Green Card to the wrong address after we did everything to make sure they had our correct address, I start to get pretty mad.

I filed my AR-11, changed my address online, called USCIS and notified the varying offices that were holding my case AND had my mail forwarded by USPS from my old address to my new address.

I received mail at my NEW address from USCIS notifying me that they acknowledged my address change.

I checked my case status online after I received an automated email telling me my green card had been approved and that a "Welcome package and PR card was being sent out".

I waited and waited....nothing. Then I receive a the Welcome Package that had been forward from my old address -- Lucky I had my mail forwarded. Still waiting for my PR card. I call USCIS they say that they cant check my address details over the phone; that they can only record that I called with my concerns and that someone will contact me by the 17th of DECEMBER, 2009 (2 months later--Im still waiting for that call. ).

I asked the USCIS representative WHY this had happened... I had done everything that was required; documented, notified, etc. (For the record, the lady I spoke with was the most INCOMPETENT person I have ever dealt with). The USCIS representative told me that some times we just have to "HOPE" that we receive all the correct documentation.

I'm sorry but I fail to see why I should have to HOPE that people know how to do their jobs. MY PR card is solely the most important piece of documentation to-date.

Long story short, USICS advised me that the PR card is sent out in a regular envelope; no USCIS labels on it. This means that USPS prossibly would not forward the mail as they may assume it is junk/spam mail. (When you have your mail forwarded by USPS they only forward mail that is marked --bills etc).

FINALLY my card turned up (At the old address). I have notified USCIS AGAIN with the AR-11, online address change AND on the telephone. Lets hope that any documents in the future find me....though I doubt it.

This post is not to scare you, but rather just a FRIENDLY reminder that you need to be on-top of your case. You cant leave it up to USCIS follow it up.

Mail from USCIS is NOT forwarded. Your post is true. If anything goes wrong in this process, your fault, their fault, anyone's fault...it is YOUR problem. Try to avoid the problems. Change of address often to not get through. This seems to be a common error.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

-Our experience.

Mail from USCIS is NOT forwarded. Your post is true. If anything goes wrong in this process, your fault, their fault, anyone's fault...it is YOUR problem. Try to avoid the problems. Change of address often to not get through. This seems to be a common error.

Try to avoid the problem?? As in dont move house???

USPS did forward one letter sent to the wrong address. So your post is incorrect. I was advised by a Manager at USPS that USPS forward all mail to the new address as long as the mail is clearly marked by USCIS (with their letterhead and return details). This means that when important UNMARKED documents (like bank cards, PR cars etc) are sent out they are not forwarded.

Where it goes wrong in the current process is when USCIS does not do their job properly. I get annoyed that they have a system set up (and a fairly complicated one at that--AR-11, online address change AND telephone address change), and yet they still fail follow through.

I have spent countless hours fixing up their mistake.

I am lucky that for now, my paperwork is on hold (I have a work permit and a PR card). I worry for all of those people who are still expecting important information.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-28

NVC Received : 2008-09-12

NVC Left : 2008-09-19

Consulate Received : 2008-09-19

Packet 3 Received : 2008-09-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-09-24

Packet 4 Received : 2008-11-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-25

Visa Received : 2008-11-25

US Entry : 2009-05-15

Marriage : 2009-06-06

I-129f was approved in 132 days from NOA1 date.

Interview took 221 days from I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Port of Entry : Los Angeles

POE Date : 2009-05-15

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : New York City NY

RFE(s) : 2009-07-10

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-06

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-10-08

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received: 2009-10-28

Comments : REMEMBER: At biometrics, remember to take along your marriage certificate if you are using your passport (with your maiden name)\.

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Approved Date : 2009-08-14

Hi Gary and Alla, you are always so helpful with offering advice on VJ and this is so wonderful that you are able to give us this priceless information on behalf of your friend, the USCIS director. Thank you so much! :thumbs:

Our query is that we are July VSC filers. We recieved our NOA1 on July 10th and have since only been 'touched' on July 15th. 90% or more of July VSC filers have all been approved and the majority of August and Septembers filers have too aswell. We are going out of our minds, waiting and have called USCIS twice trying to figure out what is happening with our case, only to be told conflicting things.

We know that we are still within the 5 month timeline but is there anything we can do? We can't help but be concerned that even October filers are now being approved with no more than a few weeks to wait! Is it worth contacting our congressman to see what is happening? Could it be possible that our case has just simply been lost?

I didn't receive any texts or e-mails notifying me of the "touches"...

HOWEVER -

I did receive a text this morning telling me my case had been updated and it instructed me to get online for details. I was excited because I was certain it was NOA2 time. Guess what? IT WAS A FUGGIN' RFE!!! I packed that thing with everything they asked for and more. It makes no sense. Ugh. Now I have to wait for at least 3 to 4 days to get the notification in the mail so I can see what they mistakenly believe I'm missing. Fab. Oh well, even with the likely month-long delay this will cause I suppose I shouldn't complain. It seems to be going very fast. Neverthless, I call BUGGERY!!!

I am guessing it is not a mistake. It is very easy to supply what you think they want, but in fact be in error. Unless dealing with a known difficult consulate where frontloading can offer some advantage at the consulate level (South Korea is not) I am a minimalist at heart. "Everything they asked for and more" often results in "more of everything except what they ask for". More of anything has absolutely no benefit at USCIS and focusing attention on unneeded things can take attention away from what is needed. Also, no amount of unneeded documents papers, emails, phone bills, photos, etc. will make up for one missing document which is required.

Let us know what happens. Good luck

I suppose I was unclear. I sent them only what they asked for, I just sent a lot of it. For example, when it says I can send a copy of my BC or a copy of every page of my passport, I sent both. That's what I meant by "more". I was so amazingly ####### about the details. I'm sure they are not mistaken, but i cannot imagine what the problem could be. I'll certainly supply an update. Perhaps tomorrow I'll receive the letter. Good luck, indeed.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Timeline
Hi Gary and Alla, you are always so helpful with offering advice on VJ and this is so wonderful that you are able to give us this priceless information on behalf of your friend, the USCIS director. Thank you so much! :thumbs:

Our query is that we are July VSC filers. We recieved our NOA1 on July 10th and have since only been 'touched' on July 15th. 90% or more of July VSC filers have all been approved and the majority of August and Septembers filers have too aswell. We are going out of our minds, waiting and have called USCIS twice trying to figure out what is happening with our case, only to be told conflicting things.

We know that we are still within the 5 month timeline but is there anything we can do? We can't help but be concerned that even October filers are now being approved with no more than a few weeks to wait! Is it worth contacting our congressman to see what is happening? Could it be possible that our case has just simply been lost?

It will hurt nothing to contact your congressman, I cannot say if it will help.

Gary

Gary And Alla

Okay, so I received my RFE letter today. The text and email claims it went out on the 3rd of Novemeber, but I'm just receiving it on the 9th. I guess even the mail moves more slowly when it's official government business. Alas. So back to the RFE. I feel really stupid. Apparently I forgot to answer Page 3 Part C. Other Information Question 2 of Form I-129F. All I had to do was indicate "no" and sign it. Wow. I checked my copy and sure enough - I didn't mark it. If they are able to end texts and emails I wish they'd sent me this letter as an attachment. I could've printed it out and mailed it the same day as opposed to having to wait a full week to get it in the mail. In other kick-myself-in-the-#### news, if I'd checked that box I would probably be receiving my NOA2 in the mail today instead of a freaking RFE. I did it to myself. I guess it's possible to be so caught up in the details that you actually miss one. At least it was an easy fix. I've updated my timeline to show that I mailed my RFE back today. The letter says I can expect to wait 14 days AFTER they receive it. Perhaps as long as 60 days. That doesn't seem to be the trend, but I am not known for my luck. ONWARD AND HOPEFULLY UPWARD!

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
Okay, so I received my RFE letter today. The text and email claims it went out on the 3rd of Novemeber, but I'm just receiving it on the 9th. I guess even the mail moves more slowly when it's official government business. Alas. So back to the RFE. I feel really stupid. Apparently I forgot to answer Page 3 Part C. Other Information Question 2 of Form I-129F. All I had to do was indicate "no" and sign it. Wow. I checked my copy and sure enough - I didn't mark it. If they are able to end texts and emails I wish they'd sent me this letter as an attachment. I could've printed it out and mailed it the same day as opposed to having to wait a full week to get it in the mail. In other kick-myself-in-the-#### news, if I'd checked that box I would probably be receiving my NOA2 in the mail today instead of a freaking RFE. I did it to myself. I guess it's possible to be so caught up in the details that you actually miss one. At least it was an easy fix. I've updated my timeline to show that I mailed my RFE back today. The letter says I can expect to wait 14 days AFTER they receive it. Perhaps as long as 60 days. That doesn't seem to be the trend, but I am not known for my luck. ONWARD AND HOPEFULLY UPWARD!

Thanks for the update, though you have a RFE, but you are still much luckier than me, at least you heard something from them, I am still holding the dreaded NOA1 and cry myself to sleep every night. Keep us updated and wish all of us luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello, Guys !

My fiance is going to Interview in mid december and here are few questions

1- DS - 230 not required?

2- i-601 . She was denied tourist visa few years back and there is a need to file I-601. Anyone dealt with it? There wasn't any mention of submitting form I-601 on her behalf, but we want to be ready . Any suggestions?

3- Evidence of engagement. What to write in DS -156K under this question ? There wasn't ring or anything. I just asked her to marry me . We met few times during last 6 months on different occasions and I met her family as well she met mine. Have photos , receipts, etc. But there is no ring or receipt for it Any suggestions?

4- Medical exams. Any statue of limitations ? 1 month in advance is ok? Do they require translation of vaccination records from local clinic?

Thanks for advance for reply

Timeline
Hello, Guys !

2- i-601 . She was denied tourist visa few years back and there is a need to file I-601. Anyone dealt with it? There wasn't any mention of submitting form I-601 on her behalf, but we want to be ready . Any suggestions?

3- Evidence of engagement. What to write in DS -156K under this question ? There wasn't ring or anything. I just asked her to marry me . We met few times during last 6 months on different occasions and I met her family as well she met mine. Have photos , receipts, etc. But there is no ring or receipt for it Any suggestions?

4- Medical exams. Any statue of limitations ? 1 month in advance is ok? Do they require translation of vaccination records from local clinic?

One of these days you will have to fill in your timeline and tell us what country your fiancee is from. Also you need to post your questions in the forums. Pinned topics are not the place to post general questions.

1. I cannot answer this because you don't tell us what country your fiancee is from. Some consulates use this form for the K-1 others do not.

2. You do not need an I-601 for a denied tourist visa. Denied tourist visas are not an issue for K-1s unless it was denied because of a criminal record or something.

3. New fiance letters of intent. Same as for the petition, just date them, re-print them and sign them. One from each of you.

4. How on earth can we answer when you do not tell us which country? You want to get the medical as close as possible to the interview, but one month is OK. It has nothing to do with the interview itself, it is that the medical is valid for one year for ALL immigration purposes, including AOS and therefore you want it to be valid at the time of your AOS processing. Getting it too soon is not a problem for the intereview it is a problem for the later immigration steps.

Vaccinations are consulate specific. Most consulates require no information for the visa interview regarding vaccinations, in most cases vaccinations are needed only for the AOS when she arrives. It is in YOUR best interest for her to take all her vaccination records to the medical exam and have them transcribe this into the DS-3025 form which you will use for the AOS process.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Hello, Guys !

I just looked at your timeline. Your fiancee is Ukrainian. Good choice...I could be biased, but I doubt it. You do not need the DS-230 for Kiev. She should bring her vaccination records to the medical exam. They will transcribe these onto the DS-3025 and give them to her, She does not need to show these at the interview. WShe will keep this and you will use it for the AOS after she arrives. Update your fiancee letters of intent, but you will probably not need them. You do not need an I-601, nearly anyone that applies for a tourist visa from Ukraine is denied...non-issue.

Enter your fiancees country in your profile. When you sign on, go to the "portals" section at the top of the page. It will take you directly to the Ukraine portal. ANY post from ANY Ukraine member will be there....THIS post would be there if you had done this, and you will get tons of answers from Ukraine members that know all about the consulate you are using. Also check out the Russia/Ukraine/Belarus regional sub-forum below for lots of great information.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Kiev Interview questions

Hello, Guys !

Thanks in advance for reply

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.