Jenn!

Woman in doghouse over Jehovah's Witness sign

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
LONDON (Reuters) - A British woman has been ordered by police to take down a sign on her garden gate which read "Our dogs are fed on Jehovah's Witnesses."

Janet Grove, who owns a terrier puppy called Rabbit, insisted the sign was a gentle joke to discourage callers at her front door.

Her late husband put the sign up more than 30 years ago when members of the church called at their house on Christmas Day.

But police were forced to act after receiving a complaint.

"We were informed by a member of the public who found the sign to be distressing, offensive and inappropriate," a police spokesman said. "Officers attended the address and the sign was voluntarily taken down."

http://www.davesdaily.com/out.php?id=18891...JEHOVAH-DC.html

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

LONDON (Reuters) - A British woman has been ordered by police to take down a sign on her garden gate which read "Our dogs are fed on Jehovah's Witnesses."

Janet Grove, who owns a terrier puppy called Rabbit, insisted the sign was a gentle joke to discourage callers at her front door.

Her late husband put the sign up more than 30 years ago when members of the church called at their house on Christmas Day.

"We were informed by a member of the public who found the sign to be distressing, offensive and inappropriate," a police spokesman said. "Officers attended the address and the sign was voluntarily taken down."

i think she has a great idea! :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

:angry: Yet they will do nothing about people banging on your door, on your day off trying to sell you gospel, magazines or household cleaners! Vowed this week I am buying a no solicitation sign, gawdy but so sick of these people coming to my door!

Two times this week, had people showing up trying to sell some magical cleaning potion. First guy comes trompsing across my lawn, "hi beautiful"! I am sitting on the ground weeding the flower bed, while he is telling me all the wonderful things his product can do. I ever so sweetly ask "will it pull these weeds?", he said no and left without another word lol.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:angry: Yet they will do nothing about people banging on your door, on your day off trying to sell you gospel, magazines or household cleaners! Vowed this week I am buying a no solicitation sign, gawdy but so sick of these people coming to my door!

Two times this week, had people showing up trying to sell some magical cleaning potion. First guy comes trompsing across my lawn, "hi beautiful"! I am sitting on the ground weeding the flower bed, while he is telling me all the wonderful things his product can do. I ever so sweetly ask "will it pull these weeds?", he said no and left without another word lol.

Yeah, I wonder if they would've made her take the sign down if it had read, "My dogs are fed on solicitors."

i think she has a great idea! :thumbs:

Seconded and thirded :thumbs: :thumbs: :yes: :yes:

When I move into a house, maybe I'll use such a sign. In the US, I can always challenge any fines or removal orders in court--remember that the country has a massive surfeit of lawyers! :lol:

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

I want a sign that says NO SOLICITORS - THIS INCLUDES RELIGIOUS KINDS

:yes: good plan...

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I don't know... I usually hit on the dude to get them to go away. Word spreads faster thru that church than wildfire in a gasoline drenched burn yard. :yes:

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

the only solicitors we usually get at home are JWs, political campaign workers, and the occasional boy/girl scout. we have a 'beware of dog' sign and keep the gate closed so people are wary of coming in uninvited.

i don't see the big deal... it was tongue-in-cheek. our neighbors have a 'trespassers will be shot' sign... *shrugs*

people are offended by any and everything these days.

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

I don't know... I usually hit on the dude to get them to go away. Word spreads faster thru that church than wildfire in a gasoline drenched burn yard. :yes:

good plan...i ask tem to speak to my doberman

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

good plan...i ask tem to speak to my doberman

Silly Dean... JW are for sheep.. not Dobies :no:

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sometimes I get lucky and on my drive home i can see the Jehovah's Witness group walking in my hood so I go home and make sure there is no sign of life in my house for the next hour. I just don't like having someone come to my house to promote their religion, no matter which one it is.