supremecomplex

Best Place To Get A Money Order?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll be sending over my AOS package soon, but I was wondering where I could get a money order. I currently bank with Bank of America, but wanted to know if there was another place (other than there) where I could get the money order of $1,010. Any help would be great!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'll be sending over my AOS package soon, but I was wondering where I could get a money order. I currently bank with Bank of America, but wanted to know if there was another place (other than there) where I could get the money order of $1,010. Any help would be great!

grocery stores, convienence stores, walmart, most are moneygram &/or western union agents,

US post office sell MO's as well

YMMV

Most (if not all) places will not issue a single M.O for over $1000 - If you're going to send M.O's (and you're running into this problem) I recommend buying two; one for $930 and one for $80.

As far as best places to buy them - I prefer USPS money orders but USCIS doesn't have a preference.

Edited by Otto und Karin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Walmart, Bank of America and post office. :-) Make sure you keep a copy of that money order as well. Good luck.

I-129: 4/1/09

NOA1: 4/2/09

NOA2: 8/31/09

LEFT NVC: 9/4/09

Packet 3 SENT: 9/23/09

Packet 4: 10/12/09

Interview: 11/17/09

Is there a reason you wouldn't write a personal check? You can write a check for the full amount, and you can more easily see when it's been cashed.

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Money Orders from any bank are usually around 6 bucks. And you'll still need to get 2 of them because its more than a grand. Go to 7-11 and buy 2 or 3 and save yourself some dough.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Walmart charges .60cents for any money order... However, we do not make them larger than $1000... so you can make two in any amount of your choice since you need more than $1000... it will be $1.20 for two money orders. Definitely make a copy and/or keep the stubs.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

• 9 years later...
On 7/15/2019 at 3:14 PM, payxibka said:

You just woke up a 3.5 year old thread.  To answer your question,  no.  Only one affidavit 

I am doing two money orders from walmart for my AOS. The first line is for the U.S Department of Homeland Security. I am not to sure whether the second blank should be my signature or my name fully written? And the last blank is recommended for my home address, but I thought I am to include a line to indicate 'I485  application  and biometric services". Kindly guide me through guys.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.