Helen_

Stuck in NVC...waiting

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi all,

We got our petition approved on the 16th of March and haven't heard from them since then. Of course we called NVC, sent lots of e-mails, contacted two congresspeople and a senator. All was useless... So I am on my 5th month of waiting for my name check to end. My boyfriend called FBI, they said they don't know how long it might take!!! The FBI lady was nice to him, said our case was under congressional inquiry, which means the congresswoamn really asked them.

So, it's the fifth month now. Weird, the approval of our K-1 petition took us longer than it usually take. And now this name check, as the FBI lady told us. Anyone have the same experience?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I am afraid I will end in the same situation. I had an id theft two years ago, and the guy was using my info as his alias. He was arrested but now has additional warrants out for him and my name is tied to his criminal record on the NCIC database.

I found this out when I got stopped coming back from Korea the last time. What a CF!!!

3-27-06 Sent I-129F to TSC - Transferred to CSC

3-29-06 NOA 1 Receipt Date

4-04-06 NOA 1 Notice Date

4-04-06 Check clears the bank

7-03-06 Touched - RFE - IMBRA Sent Out

7-08-06 Received RFE - IMBRA - Date 6-23-06 and Postmarked 6-27-06

7-08-06 Stopped by Border Securtiy on NCIC name hit - Identity Theft two years ago and theif used my name as an alias which is now permanently tied to his criminal file as an alias - Border Security very helpful and understanding and apologetic about the situation but they have to verify I was not the perpetratpr.

7-10-06 Sent RFE

7-11-06 Received by CSC

7-19-06 Touched e-mail stating received 7-19-06 (BS)

8-03-06 Wondering ####### is taking so long - 128 days now

8-21-06 Congressional Inquiry

8-24-06 NOA2 WHoooohoooo

If the ID theft is well documented and you don't have a criminal record (aside from the thief guy), you should not get choked up in further security checks. These are usually for the beneficiary anyway. That would be insult to injury at this stage, you don't need that.

I am afraid I will end in the same situation. I had an id theft two years ago, and the guy was using my info as his alias. He was arrested but now has additional warrants out for him and my name is tied to his criminal record on the NCIC database.

I found this out when I got stopped coming back from Korea the last time. What a CF!!!

Edited by William33

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi all,

We got our petition approved on the 16th of March and haven't heard from them since then. Of course we called NVC, sent lots of e-mails, contacted two congresspeople and a senator. All was useless... So I am on my 5th month of waiting for my name check to end. My boyfriend called FBI, they said they don't know how long it might take!!! The FBI lady was nice to him, said our case was under congressional inquiry, which means the congresswoamn really asked them.

So, it's the fifth month now. Weird, the approval of our K-1 petition took us longer than it usually take. And now this name check, as the FBI lady told us. Anyone have the same experience?

Several members have had similar experiences with delays at NVC based on name check delays and administrative review. Seems like you have done all of the right things by contacting your senators and congressmen - just need to stay on top of it and hope it gets resolved soon. Good luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Wow, that blows :(

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Well, filled in my timeline. I didn't know it's not a common case, since they talk about the national security and are supposed to check all the cases...Am I so dangerous to this country or what.. :( oh well..

They do check all cases. This is done at service center & NVC/consulate levels. They have many data bases at their disposal. In other words, as you have and are experiencing, if there is a name hit and/or other issue it will hold you up in all departments. Name/security checks are and can be done on beneficiary, petitioner and anyone else connected to a case including a lawyer. There may have been a hit due to name being similar or same as another. From experiences and from what I have read over time they also seem to select petitions at random for in depth checks. This may be the case for yours, or they (NVC) have found something that needs clarifying by getting an advisory opinion. This is usually something to do with immigration law.

There is little you can do to speed this process. You possibly may be in for further delays as well. As your file has been and is still in Washington, your petition is not at NVC and wasnt sent back with the recalls to have the petition comply with the IMBRA. Dont be surprised that when your petition is cleared, that NVC has to send it back to the service center where they will then send you out an RFE in order for you to answer those questions to have your petition comply. It will then be sent back to NVC and then onto the consulate.

Wishing you all the very best. I hope you hear something soon.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Well, filled in my timeline. I didn't know it's not a common case, since they talk about the national security and are supposed to check all the cases...Am I so dangerous to this country or what.. :( oh well..

They do check all cases. This is done at service center & NVC/consulate levels. They have many data bases at their disposal. In other words, as you have and are experiencing, if there is a name hit and/or other issue it will hold you up in all departments. Name/security checks are and can be done on beneficiary, petitioner and anyone else connected to a case including a lawyer. There may have been a hit due to name being similar or same as another. From experiences and from what I have read over time they also seem to select petitions at random for in depth checks. This may be the case for yours, or they (NVC) have found something that needs clarifying by getting an advisory opinion. This is usually something to do with immigration law.

There is little you can do to speed this process. You possibly may be in for further delays as well. As your file has been and is still in Washington, your petition is not at NVC and wasnt sent back with the recalls to have the petition comply with the IMBRA. Dont be surprised that when your petition is cleared, that NVC has to send it back to the service center where they will then send you out an RFE in order for you to answer those questions to have your petition comply. It will then be sent back to NVC and then onto the consulate.

Wishing you all the very best. I hope you hear something soon.

Lorelle

Same has happened to us...We've been waiting for almost 15 months... all u can do just wait and pray that the checks are done soon :(

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Thanks all. I hope it won't take me longer than it took Yasi. Though who knows. I can only hope.

Hi Helen stuck in NVC to they log are case in the 18 of may I did get a guz # did you get? good luck Tim

I-129F 2/27/06

USCIS approval 4/28/06

NVC LOG IN 5/17/06

CLEARED NVC SENT TO GUZ CHINA 8/18/06

RECEIVED PACKET 3 11/6/06

RECEIVED P 4 12/14/06

INTERVIEW~~ 1/23/07

not sure what a guz number is, but we didn't get anything of the kind from anybody.

newguy is referring to the case number. GUZ eg is the consulate in China.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.