dxg68

Do you truly love your fiancé???

301 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Say for example your fiancé would not get a visa. And the only way for you to be with her(him) would be to move and live in Ukraine or Russia. And your fiancé would ask you to do it. Would you move to marry your fiancé and live in her(his) country? :no::yes::huh::o

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Well I am not from Ukraine/RUssia neither is my fiance but if he didn't get his visa to move here from Serbia once we start the process I would def. move over there. In fact I would move there now if i didn't have loans to pay of here and don't want to have my family stuck paying off my debts.

[font="Century Gothic"]Married March 27, 2010
Sent out I-130 December 29, 2010
Recieved NOA 1 January 4, 2011
Touched January 6, 2011
Recieved NOA 2 May 9, 2011
Interview September 27, 2011
Visa in hand Septmeber 30, 2011 (it would of been the same day as the interview but they requested some more info)
POE - JFK, NYC October 12, 2011 [/font]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;23/st/20100327/e/Since+our+wedding/k/ccbb/event.png[/img]
[/url]

We actually talked about it, or the possibility, regardless of her visa status. I would still love to try it, but now I realize that she might never let me move back :star:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Same on the child support and loans on my end. If I wouldn't totally hose my existence in the US, I would do it. I've thought about it hundreds of times.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We've had this conversation. It was never like this: "you move to U.S. to live with me and that's that".

It was just more logical.

I have no problem moving back. Sh!t, I lived there for almost 18 years, and I'm past the age for the mandatory military service.

There's just one issue.... metric fton of student loans that I have.... If I move, I'd have to declare bankruptcy or something.

But I don't even wanna think about all of that. She'll get her goddamn visa :)

Our plan B is Israel, actually, heh.

But my point is - she's the most important person in my life. One way or another - we'll find a way to be together

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I would go anywhere move anything to be with my fiance...but like others those damn student loans are holding me hostage lol.....but even loan free its impossible for us to live in his home country and hes not a fan of where he is now...but we have talked about living in other countries....in 10 years when Im debt free!!! lol

Even if he is physically an ocean away, his love surrounds me everyday...

You are not alone tonight

Imagine me there by your side

It's so hard to be here so far away from you

I'm counting the days till

I'm finally done

I'm counting them down, yeah, one by one

It feels like forever till I return to you

But it helps me on those lonely nights

It's that one thing that keeps me alive

Knowing that you wait for me

Ever so patiently

No one else knows the feeling inside

We hang up the phone without saying goodnight

Because it's the sound of your voice that brings me home

It's never been easy to say

But it's easier when I've gone away

Knowing that you wait for me

Ever so patiently

Yeah, you're everything I've ever dreamed of having and

It's everything I need from you just knowing that you wait for me

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Say for example your fiancé would not get a visa. And the only way for you to be with her(him) would be to move and live in Ukraine or Russia. And your fiancé would ask you to do it. Would you move to marry your fiancé and live in her(his) country? :no::yes::huh::o

You betcha. We own a 3 room flat in Donetsk, completely furnished and waiting for us anytime we go. Our son is there as I write this on a school holiday from his university on Moscow. If anyone so much as thinks to give me ####### here I would move back in a heartbeat and tell them all where to stuff it!!!!!!!!! :lol:

It was discussed and decided before we ever applied for the visa.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am a little surprised that so many people said that they would move to Russia / Ukraine to be together with their fiancé. I think that most people who was born in USA and visited these countries only a few times for short period of time with $$$ in their pockets don’t realize what they would sign up for. I think that majority of people who was born in USA wouldn’t last there for more than a year if they had to work in some small Russian / Ukrainian city to support their family. Of course if you are rich and don’t have to work then it is a different story. This is just my opinion.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I am a little surprised that so many people said that they would move to Russia / Ukraine to be together with their fiancé. I think that most people who was born in USA and visited these countries only a few times for short period of time with $$$ in their pockets don’t realize what they would sign up for. I think that majority of people who was born in USA wouldn’t last there for more than a year if they had to work in some small Russian / Ukrainian city to support their family. Of course if you are rich and don’t have to work then it is a different story. This is just my opinion.

In MENA we call this being a "tourist wife." Since you are all mostly male it would naturally be the reverse.

Moot point, but yes, I would live with him there and will once we pay our (my student loan) debt and he gets his degree. Longest stretch I have had there is 49 days and total time spent is 6 months give or take a week. I already picked out what I will miss most in about 3 hours and that assessment hasn't changed yet.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

No doubt this is why we are ok with the idea. You are right, I could never make the kind of cash in Ukraine (with a Ukrainian company, anyway) that I make here. Leisure or nothing I guess.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Having lived for two years in Siberia, I can say I would be willing to go back and live there and actually am seriously considering it in the future. My wife and I had this discussion before we got married.

The only reason we are living in the US is because I can make more money than both of us could together in Russia. So yes, it was an economic decision. But it's one we made together and one that may change in the future.

Timeline

Well you asked if we would do it because we loved them so much. I believe the majority of us answered with our brains on this one.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I would definitely move to Turkey if I had the chance. But, unfortunately most of my sentences these days start/end with 'if only I didn't have these student loans.' Also, we both wouldn't have any good job opportunities in Turkey. I made a deal with my fiance. He comes here for awhile, and then in the future we'll retire in Turkey. He's from the most beautiful resort town on the coast, I'd be honored to some day call it my home.

Oops... I just noticed that this is in a regional threat, sorry to intrude!

Edited by nicole&efe

11/29/2010 Sent AOS package
12/10/2010 NOA1
01/07/2011 AOS transfer to CSC
01/11/2011 Biometrics
2/08/2011 AOS approved
2/22/2011 Green card in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.