munchkins

to bring dogs or not to ??

23 posts in this topic

OK, we have been debating for so long wether we should bring our Rottweilers or not, we have a male and a female, can't get up to "hanky panky" 'cause they've both been "done"

Anyway they are not babies and one has rather weak back legs so that is why we were debating, so wegot a costing and it will cost us approximately £1,400 to ship from the UK to Florida, so we have been back and forth for weeks and weeks and then I read this :crying:

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.

You are his life, his love, his leader.

He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart,

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

- Anonymous

My god, talk about feeling guilty, good job they haven't understood what we have been discussing, so guess what, we have two extra's to take with us. Trouble is they are rather large and will have to go as "cargo" Hope no one puts their hand in the kennels :whistle:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Awww, it will be worth it to have your furry buddies with you! :luv:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Bring them you can not leave them behind! :innocent:

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

i agree..take your hounds...they are family...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Definately bring them if you can. My 3 adored Burmese cats are still in the UK currently living with my Mum and Dad, and I miss them like crazy. I want them here desperately, but worry also about bringing them as they are settled there now, and have a lovely garden in a quiet neighborhood. Here we back onto a main road.....is it fair to bring them? etc.

I think dogs are different though. Cats are much more territorial, your dogs probably associate with you more than a house or neighborhood.

AOS TIMELINE

16th December 2005 - Sent I-130, AOS, EAD & AP USPS overnight to Chicago Lockbox

18th December 2005 - Received at Chicago 9.18pm.

23rd December 2005 - NOAs for I-130, AOS, EAD, AP!! Didn't expect them that quickly

13th January 2006 - RFE for Medical and additional I-864 info

17th January 2006 - INFOPASS Apt about RFE.

23rd January 2006 - Appointment notice for Biometrics on 10th Feb.

10th February 2006 - Biometrics Appointment

21st February 2006 - Medical. Cost $250 including all blood tests, Td Shot, TB test and Titers for MMR and Varicella.

27th February 2006 - Appointment with immigration lawyer re. RFE for I-864.

1st March 2006 - Final results Medical. Papers in hand to send.

10th March 2006 - RFE responses to Lees Summit

13th March 2006 - RFE responses signed for at Lees Summit

24th March 2006 - Emergency AP approved in Omaha

28th March 2006- Collected AP

31st March 2006 - EAD Approval online

7th April 2006 - EAD arrived in mailbox.

21st April 2006- Received Interview Date for 22nd June

9th May 2006- Received SSN

22nd June 2006- AOS INTERVIEW APPROVED

REMOVING CONDITIONS

June 20 2008 - Package mailed to CSC under new rules. Would have been an NSC transfer

June 23 2008 - Package recieved at CSC

June 27 2008 - Recieve NOA1

July 16 2008 - Biometrics

July 17 2008 - Touched

September 9 2008 - Card production ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I got a dog in Germany too.

My Dad left her to me after he died in August of 2003.

Problem is she"sa large lab mix and Jim got himself a pure lab girl here for X mas.

I have serious doubts that we would have any chance at all finding an apartment with 2 big dogs.and the the fact that they"re both female and my Leila in Germany dont like other females.............

My sisiter now told me yseterday that she will have Leila put to sleep unless I take her to the US with me when we got the visa......

Talk about feeling giulty!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I would know what to do.I actually have to choose between my life with my man or keeping my dog alive.

Jesus ........................

Natasha

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

As someone who took their two dogs from the UK to LA I would say you have to do it! Whats a 9 hour flight when it comes to the love of your dogs and the loyalty they give to you?!?

Oh, and you mentioned you had to take them as Cargo cause they are too big. Did you check into BA? I took my dogs with them and they are by far the cheapest airline as pets go as excess baggage instead.

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I have a 3 year old yellow labrador that I am having to leave behind in the UK.

I have to leave her because last year I had her vaccinated against rabies in preparation to our moving to the USA well she had a sever reaction to the jab that caused her to lose muscle tone and develop some kind of skin condition (she will be on steroids for the rest of her life).

Luckily (well not lucky but you know what I mean) my aunt and uncle were talking about getting another dog (theirs died last spring) and my aunt said to me about having Bella for me when I move.

It was one of the hardest choices I have ever had to make but I know that for Bella it is the best thing (if I took her to the USA then she would progressively get worse with every rabies jab she has)

It was a relief to know that Bella isn't going to be lonely here as she adores my aunt, but it still makes me get a lump in me throat when I think about the fact that in just under 5 weeks I will be saying good bye to her until I get back to the UK for a visit next year.

Donna

Almost done with it all

Filed: Timeline

Yay! The doggies are coming!!!!! :dance:(F)(L):yes: :energetic: :goofy:

You are so not gonna regret this after you're here & they're out bathing in the warm summer sun....it's quite a chunk of change, but I think it'll be money well spent!

Dmd, I'm sorry to hear about your Bella :( But she is still with family, so you can still keep up on how she's doing & all!

Natashabrenda I'm sorry for your predicament too! :(

Edited by LisaD

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I bought my Staffordshire Bull Terrier from Newcastle to the States, we booked her through the travel agents when we booked our flights and were told it would cost £300 and that we would be charged at check-in. Anyway, long story short, for some reason they didn't cahrge us at all so she flew for free...yay!! Mind you I wouldn't have left her behind no matter what the cost.

.png

Our Second Anniversary

I want to succeed in America where, unlike Britain, they do not regard ambition as being the same as eating babies.

The National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do," but I think the gun helps, you know? I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it? You'd have to have a really dodgy heart to have that happen.

There's a huge hole in the whole Flood drama, because anything that could float or swim got away scot-free, and it was the idea to wipe out everything, He didn't say, "I will kill everything, except the floating ones and the swimming ones, who will get out due to a loophole."

Eddie Izzard

eddieizzard.jpgizzard.jpgizz.jpg115422114991504.gif

A dog has unconditional love. A cat is another story.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I feel ya, my hubby and i intended on bringing our kitten with us as we love her soo much, but she ran out and got preggo and she will be giving birth right around the day we want to leave....it sucks, but thankfully we found a great family to take her in...

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

As someone who took their two dogs from the UK to LA I would say you have to do it! Whats a 9 hour flight when it comes to the love of your dogs and the loyalty they give to you?!?

Oh, and you mentioned you had to take them as Cargo cause they are too big. Did you check into BA? I took my dogs with them and they are by far the cheapest airline as pets go as excess baggage instead.

Ladyb, we checked out BA but they do not fly to where we have to go from Manchester, if we do use them we will have to have two flights and that would mean approx 13/14 hours for the dogs. Only option would be to hire a van and drive them to London!! that would also mean their day would be about 14 hours.

We have to fly from Manchester into Sanford - direct flight, I think we may be able to go into Orlando direct with AA but not sure.

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

I bought my Staffordshire Bull Terrier from Newcastle to the States, we booked her through the travel agents when we booked our flights and were told it would cost £300 and that we would be charged at check-in. Anyway, long story short, for some reason they didn't cahrge us at all so she flew for free...yay!! Mind you I wouldn't have left her behind no matter what the cost.

Yes, I was also told by BA when I booked my flight that you pay for the dogs at the check in desk. Needless to say the check in people didnt have a clue and didnt charge me either! I came to the US 630 quid better off!

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."