Jeff54321

AOS - Requiring initial evidence

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am confused as to why our AOS is in "Requiring Initial Evidence". I should be patient and wait the 15 days for the letter to arrive, but I am not the patient type. I was wondering if the readers here could help me and try to figure out what I missed.

I filled out the AOS on January 8th, 2010 and did not have my 2009 taxes yet. I submitted my most recent return of 2008 and had an employment letter stating what my 2009 salary was. Here is what I submitted to USCIS.

I-485 Application to Register Residence or Adjust Status

(envelope has payment of $1010 and 2 passport-style photos 2x2)

-- Birth Certificate and Supporting Documents (for corrected spelling)

-- Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant K-1 visa

-- Vaccination report from St. Luke's

-- G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet

-- I-864 Affidavit of Support (based of K-1 visa)

-- Employment letter stating 2009 salary

-- Most recent Federal Tax Return (2008)

-- I-797 Petition approval notice

-- Official copy of Marriage Licence

-- I-94 Departure Record

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

(envelope has 2 passport-style photos 2x2)

-- I-94 front side

-- I-94 back side

-- Passport K-1 visa

I didn't do the advance parole document because I didn't think it was needed. For these other two forms though, does it look like I missed anything?

Edited by Jeff54321

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but its true what everyone will tell you; best to wait and see what the actual RFE notice is asking for.

Our RFE was for something we had actually sent - we responded by sending it again and had no other issues (so you can't really tell).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am confused as to why our AOS is in "Requiring Initial Evidence". I should be patient and wait the 15 days for the letter to arrive, but I am not the patient type. I was wondering if the readers here could help me and try to figure out what I missed.

I filled out the AOS on January 8th, 2010 and did not have my 2009 taxes yet. I submitted my most recent return of 2008 and had an employment letter stating what my 2009 salary was. Here is what I submitted to USCIS.

-- I-94 Departure Record

-- I-94 front side

-- I-94 back side

-- Passport K-1 visa

I didn't do the advance parole document because I didn't think it was needed. For these other two forms though, does it look like I missed anything?

certainly, ur missing the I-693,certified by a USCIS designated civil surgeon if u havent completed yet ur vaccination record. Try to include 2007,2006 Tax returs

"I will remain to be yours forever,My Love. I love you soOOo much,Honey! The mOst GOrgeous Man ever in Austin!"

--Rhean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles and Rhean

I-129F

02-xx-2008 Met online

03-21-2009 Travelled to Philippines to meet

03-31-2009 Sent out I -129F by FedEx

04-01-2009 NOA 1

08-31-2009 NOA 2 (what a long wait!)

09-04-2009 NVC received I-129F

09-11-2009 Embassy received I-129F

09-30-2009 Medical exam passed

10-08-2009 Interview ...a SUCCESS!

10-20-2009 POE..Minneapolis

10-22-2009 SSN..woohooo!

12-27-2009 Got Married!!!

AOS Timeline

01-07-10 Received changed name Social Security Number

01-10-10 Mailed AOS, EAD, AP via USPS

01-13-10 AOS packet touched , January 13, 2010, 8:10 am, CHICAGO, IL 60680

01-19-10 AOS, EAD, AP NOA1

02-19-10 Biometrics Appointment

02-19-10 Biometrics done!

When you get it, especially if it is for an I693, please take the time to type out the whole RFE so we can read it in context....There are lots of rumors flying around lately.

A scan is also OK -- except that someone can't do a keyword search for it later on.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

certainly, ur missing the I-693,certified by a USCIS designated civil surgeon if u havent completed yet ur vaccination record. Try to include 2007,2006 Tax returs

I double check with my wife, and she say that we did actually submit the DS 3025 vacinnation record with the AOS, which the AOS instructions say is acceptable with a K-1 visa. I'll wait until we receive the letter and I'll keep everyone informed on what was required. Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I double check with my wife, and she say that we did actually submit the DS 3025 vacinnation record with the AOS, which the AOS instructions say is acceptable with a K-1 visa. I'll wait until we receive the letter and I'll keep everyone informed on what was required. Thanks!

While waiting for your RFE, I suggest that you keep reading about I-693 related RFE here on VJ. Since December 13, 2009, submitting only the copy of vaccination record from St. lukes is not enough. Check the following link for more info..

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

http://hubtvonline.blogspot.com/search/lab...;max-results=20

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Harlingen TX

Date Filed : 2009-12-10

NOA Date : 2009-12-22

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-01-07

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : April 27, 2010

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved : April 27, 2010

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: May 28, 2010

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

You're missing I-693 transcribed from DS-3025 by CS in the US

It all depends on what's stated on the DS-3025, if it states "vaccination history complete" then it should be fine and furthermore they should already have it in your file.

But, if your DS-3025 didn't state that, then a I-693 was needed.

I-751 package sent : 03/30/2012

I-751 receipt date : 04/03/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If the vaccinations weren't completed in the home country (and other shots were needed in the US) then you need the I-693. Requirements have changed so it's likely you THOUGHT it was complete when it wasn't.

Also, did you include the W2, 1099's and schedule with the tax return? If you send an IRS tax transcript thats all that's needed (no w2s etc) but the tax return requires those I just listed.

Did you remember to write on the back of the photos? The instructions say "name and alien number printed lightly on back in pencil or felt pen"

For the EAD, the form says "If no prior EAD has been issued, you must submit a copy of a Federal Government-issued identity document such as a passport etc.." and from your list you only did a copy of the K1 visa, not the biographical details page of your passport (which is one of the permitted ID's)

----

As stated though it could be for various other reasons. Maybe you forgot to sign the form, maybe you mistyped something or the photos aren't good enough. The only way to know is to wait till you get it.

Good luck.

It all depends on what's stated on the DS-3025, if it states "vaccination history complete" then it should be fine and furthermore they should already have it in your file.

But, if your DS-3025 didn't state that, then a I-693 was needed.

Sorry, you're wrong. As requirements MAY have changed since the "vaccinations were complete" then it's best to at least speak with CS to see whether they truly ARE complete with TODAY'S requirements.

Did you remember to write on the back of the photos? The instructions say "name and alien number printed lightly on back in pencil or felt pen"

I don't know if this is why I received the RFE yet, but I think I forgot this. I did everything else that was mentioned. I don't think I'm the only one who forgot to do this, so hopefully if they can't write the name themselves, they'd be nice enough to mail them back with the RFE notice. I could always hope, right?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your also missing proof that you are legitimatly married. Emails, photos, letters, proof that you are comingling your assets. Proof of a bonifide marriage.

Edited by bassagitator

AOS Process

May 29th 2008- AOS/EAD/I-130 Sent to Chicaogo Lock Box sent via Overnight Delivery

June 6th - Both checks cashed!!

June 25th - Biometrics appointment

Sept. 19th - Card Production Ordered! (113 days since filing)

Sept. 25th - EAD Received!!!

Dec. 5th 2008 - Received appointment letter

Feb. 4th 2009 - AOS Interview (Interviewer says going to recommend for approval)

May 15th- called and talked to an officer to submit a service request

June 10th- Made an infopass appointment,

June 15th- Info pass appointment, told me they could do nothing until the officer made their decision!

June 27 - Filed for I-131 as well as renewal of my work authorization.

July 23rd- Received I-131

Dec 22, 2009 - Biometrics appointment yet again.

January 21, 2010 Second interview

January 22nd - I-485 Touched

January 27th - Received a Request for additonal evidence.

May 27 I-485 Approved

June 13th 2010 - Green card received!

Your also missing proof that you are legitimatly married. Emails, photos, letters, proof that you are comingling your assets. Proof of a bonifide marriage.

What? I don't think so. Maybe for your situation with years of marriage and an overstayed visa this is required, but for adjusting from a K-1, it isn't really. It is my understanding that as K-1s are (supposedly) just recently married and just fresh from their visa interview where the relationship was evaluated they haven't had time for things to evolve, or to fully comingle assets in the couple of weeks (ideally) between entry, marriage, filing. That's why a conditional green card is issued, and after two years, it is reevaluated on the merits you suggest.

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is incorrect.

That stuff is useful for a K-1 application, but is completely unnecessary for Adjustment of Status. The only "proof you are legitimately married" that needs to be sent in with the AOS packet is the marriage certificate. The other stuff can be shown to them at the interview (and indeed, has to be), but only if they schedule you for one.

The only possible reason to include marriage bonafides in the AOS packet would be if that affected whether or not you were selected for an interview. But this does not appear to be the case. The vast, vast majority of people whose I-485 applications are transferred to the California Service Center (and who therefore are not interviewed for their AOS) did not include evidence of marriage bonafides in their AOS packet. They are not mentioned in the instructions for any of the AOS forms, and are simply unnecessary.

By all means gather, organize, and get them ready, in case you have an interview. The interview will definitely want to see them. but you do NOT need to send them with the AOS packet.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

-- I-94 Departure Record

-- I-94 front side

-- I-94 back side

-- Passport K-1 visa

I really only see 3 things different from your package than mine. Our AOS was approved last week and my wife got her card today!

1. The Biographical page of your spouses passport needs to be included.

2. Completed I-693 vaccination transcription.

3. I sent in 3 years of IRS transcripts (06,07,08). Not sure if this is REQUIRED, but I read somewhere it is helpful for the 864.

Of course it may be a simple "forgot to sign here" etc. I think it is a SIMPLE fix and you will be back on course shortly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.