Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Vi, Definitly NOT! We speak Arabic and English and Zaid is learning great. Sofia is at an awkward age but you will see how speaking both languages will pay off in the next few months as She gets a little older. Zaid is not even 2 yet and speaks both languages at his leisure and doesnt favor one or the other. a few of the things he knows equally in arabic and english are;

all his body parts (eyes,nose,mouth,tongue,teeth,neck,cheek,belly,belly button,arm,leg,etc)

his colors (he knows all the colors in both languages but doesnt identify all ofthem correctly yet)

counting 1,2,3,4,5

any kind of command

animals of all sorts

articles of clothing

A problem we thought we would have was a word in arabic sounding like an english word, but meaning complete opposites. Like "come on" and "kaman" Zaid learned both early on but "kaman" in arabic means more. He differentiates between the 2 but says them exactly the same. shocked me!!

The only difference between the 2 languages is Zaid doesnt form sentences in Arabic. He will see things like "Mommy I have "halib?" (milk) But considering Arabic is a super complex language im not surprised. hes totally getting it otherwise tho.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Vi - I don't think you're confusing Sofia at all. Enzo seems to be doing awesome with the two languages. He doesn't look confused at all when we speak to him. My dr said don't be surprised if it takes him a little longer to speak but that one day all of a sudden he will come out with all these words and shock you. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey guys, no baby yet. I'm going to the doctor today, maybe there will be some kind of news :lol: I sure hope so because I'm pretty done being pregnant. If not, my c-section is scheduled for Wed anyway.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Vi: Just make sure each of you sticks to one language, don't talk to her in Spanish and English, kwim? Sure when you are at the supermarket or in other public places with people who don't speak Spanish you'll have to talk English, but otherwise, stick to Spanish. If you mix up the language it might get confusing, but if you are consistent, it is fine (something like: mama = Spanish, daddy = English).

Some kids are quicker than others in their language development, mostly I see in my family that either language or motor skills are advanced... It's completely normal. And Sophia is still so young! When we recently had our 18 months check-up they didn't even expect Jona to say one word since he's bilingual (oh and please don't forget your baby was a preemie - count her adjusted age!).... Understanding comes first and is more important. E.g. we can tell he understands a lot of things in both languages. He is one of the kids who are super advanced with their gross and fine motor skills - the PA was super impressed. She has seen lots of bilinguals and noticed many of them seem to like wait for a while to completely separate the two languages and then they start in sentences all of the sudden (she and my MD sister both said it is not uncommon for bilinguals to not talk til they are 2 or 2.5 years, while I personally even know American kids who are smart and fine who grew up just with English who still didn't talk til they were 3 - they started in full sentences though and it just happens, all kids are different!). But girls generally speak earlier than boys, and some kids are just super verbal, you never know. So don't freak out if it takes a while for her to start talking :) Don't give up the second language, it's a blessing to have to mother-tongues, you'll never have to study and work hard to speak a second language, it's just built in which is wonderful.

@ Susita: good luck :) If you go into labor before, will you be allowed to try for a vaginal delivery? I'm sorry if I didn't catch the back story why you are having a section.

@ Zaidsmommy: Oh good to know, but our JC Penney is so small they have barely any toddler stuff. Oh well I will be in CA next month and look there - bigger stores! I'm all excited about going to Milpitas (big mall) and hit all the stores to get some clothes for him. I can't believe that he is wearing 3T polos from Walmart (and they fit him!!!!). CRAZY. My parents will come at the end of May and bring the German soccer jersey in his size, cause it's World Cup this summer ;)

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Timeline

Zaid is in 3t and 4t now at 23 months old. Its surprises me. (clocked in at 31 lbs and 36inches today actually) Our Jcpenneys here are wonderful. They are all brand new'er and free standing. Prior to these being built we only had JCPenneys in the mall. I love the Arizona brand polos and plaid shorts.

Zaid woke up hoarse and stuffy so I took him to the ped. He has bronchitis. We cant get rid of this inside my house. Zaid started it 3 weeks ago then got better, than I got it and got better, than DH, and now Zaid woke up with it again this morning :( We are so careful about handwashing and stuff but its just inevitable this time of year. (it went from 80 last week, to 38 yesterday, to 65 today, gotta love chicago) His cough sounds so painful and croupy, I hope he stays in good spirits bc we had lots planned this weekend.

Anna, your sooo right about not switching up the languages. DH speaks solely Arabic to Zaid and me english and Zaid knows to speak arabic to his dad and english to me. The consistency has definitly helped him.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Stef, Zaid got a few baskets. We filled his with mostly coloring books, bubbles, chalk, etc. I put some Freeze Pops in there and that was about it. My dad got him a soccer ball and toys for his sandbox and my brothers wife got him a TON of chocolate which went straight to the garbage lol. I dont love chocolate at all and Zaid is waaay too little for it IMO so in the trash it went.

Sara, ya the singing is getting cuter and cuter around here. Zaids vocab has expanded soo much the past week or two he is amazing me. He is speaking sentences here and there and is on top of his "please and thank you's" I just love it when he says "Sank You, Mommy" lol

lol...Eman is the same with saying please and thank you. He also says "excuse me" when he passes by people. The other day he said "oops sorry" and I asked him "what happened?" he said, "I farted mommy"...lol

Timeline

@ Susita: good luck :) If you go into labor before, will you be allowed to try for a vaginal delivery? I'm sorry if I didn't catch the back story why you are having a section.

I'm allowed to do either VBAC or C-section but my doctor recommended the c-section because the boys were a c-section, and there's always a risk of uterine rupture, moreso because my incision was larger and I have quite a bit of scar tissue. My recovery from the c-section was very easy last time compared to a lot of women so I decided to take his advice although he would have done whatever I wanted.

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you mommies for all your advices to be honest I was speaking mostly in spanish but mixing it with english from time to time so now I know thta I have to speak JUST SPANISH to Sofia. We just came back from her swimming lesson and she is snoring like her daddy so mami and daddy get to relax a little bit. She just learned to say Hi! so she says it to everybody now, she looks so cute :luv: and when I finish breastfeeding she says bye bye to the ####### :luv:

Susita@ Mamma, you still around ! what name have you decided for your little one?

sofsmile-1.jpg

Timeline

Susita@ Mamma, you still around ! what name have you decided for your little one?

we have a name ;) But it's a secret still. We haven't told anyone! I will let all of you know on Wednesday!

Good wishes to you, Susita :)

I can't believe Declan will be 2 in less than a month! I swear, I was just pregnant!!! He amuses me so much lately with the things he does. Since Easter, he has been saying "buddy" (bunny) and then hopping around the room. It is the cutest thing. His other new favorite thing is to turn the light on and off in his room. He pushed a toy over to the light switch and climbed on it to reach it. This is not so cute when he is supposed to be in bed. He used to just lie there when he didn't want to sleep. Now, he just gets out of bed, turns the light on and starts playing. Argh!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Kel: does Zaid have a fever? It may be just allergies. Ben has the exact same symptoms (for over a month now), croupy cough, stuffy nose. We have nebs that haven't been very efficient and the pedi started him on singulair (an antiasthmatic med) this week and he is doing a lot better. Still congested and waking up a lot but breathing waaaaay better.

Susita: good luck to you!!! I know a lot of people wh had successful VBAC's including my mom and Evi here, so in case you go into early labor or something, don't worry too much about the rupture risk. But either way, I wish you all the best for your delivery!!! Can't wait to see pics!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Lots of people have had VBACS. But I do know a person who was due with the twins the same time as me. She went into early labor and went to the hospital. They were having a hard time tracing her girl and wanted to wait. The mom was adamant about going then. It was good she pushed the emergency c-section. Her uterus had ruptured because her girl's placenta had attached to her previous c-section scar. She lost the baby girl, but they were in time to save the baby boy. It really was heartbreaking.

@Susita - Good luck fellow twin momma! I am sure the boys are going to dote on their baby sister sooooooo much! Best wishes to you for a great recovery from whatever delivery you get! :star:

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

The chance of scar rupture is below 1% (in a single pregnancy). Uterine rupture can happen in any pregnancy no matter if a c/s had been performed before or not.

Edited by Eveline

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

Stef, he did have a slight fever. He is feeling much better now. We knew it was infection because he had thick green boogers and kept telling us his head was ouchy.

Karen, "Buddy" is so cute! Zaid says "Munny" My husband is such a sucker he was going to buy Zaid one. I had to put my foot down on that right away. I didnt want no stinky animal to take care of. lol. I feel the same way about the boys being 2 already. I had a real tough weekend. Everything I do I think to myself, "This time 2 years ago I was (insert sappy pregnancy story here)" IDK maybe im in a rut bc were TTC with no luck yet (3 months) and realizing I do not have a regular cycle.(it was 38 days between March and April) I really miss the baby baby stuff and cant wait to get pregnant again.

On a happy note, Watching Zaid grow up and mature is delightful. Yesterday at the grocery store he kept telling all the people who worked there "Byyee Sweetie!" and blowing them kisses. He is one stinker for sure. I know I shouldnt be sad about Zaid growing up, and Im not for the most part, I just know I am no where done having kids. 3-4 more is REALLY what im aiming for. god willing

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png