Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good point

I always talk to my hubby about the huge allergy problem in the States, I don't know how is in other countries but in my country-PERU- we don't have so many people with allergies, nobody in my family have them, you don't see commercials on tv advertising medicine to treat allergies or anything like that. It's so differente here, almost everybody on my hubby's side have them. Silvio has alergies and asthma that means Sofia can develop them I hope it doesn't happen.

same in Brazil, never met anyone with peanut allergy, for example. Here I've met at least 6 people.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband had said the ssame thing as the rest of you. He stated he probably won't tell his family about Hana because he doesn't know if they will even know what it means. If we stopped putting so many fillers in our food we would be doing much better.

My husband had said the ssame thing as the rest of you. He stated he probably won't tell his family about Hana because he doesn't know if they will even know what it means. If we stopped putting so many fillers in our food we would be doing much better.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I agree, I think there is definitely a link between all the artificial stuff in everything and all these allergies. The countries who keep their food simple have a lot less of those worries. We took Ben out to breakfast the other day and got him a chocolate milk. I wish I'd read the label before I bought it, it started with water and high fructose corn syrup, sugar, more corn syrup, starches, artificial flavors and colors, some chemicals I've never heard of and there was never a word of actual milk or chocolate in there!! But the front of the label claimed that it was fortified with minerals and VitD (just forget the ton of poison) No wonder we're all messed up.

Edited by chnst

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

lmfao@Stef, I know its not funny, but you gotta find the humor! lol. Its rare to find a restaurant that serves real juice or milk. Its quite sad actually.

After 2.5 years of not having one poop problem, Zaid is constipated all the time. His diet has not changed, so im assuming its his body growing and changing. He eats raisins almost 4 times a week, drinks tons of fluids, eats whole fruit at least twice a day. IDK what to do to help the poor kid. Its def not something he is use to to have to forcefully push out a BM and he gets so distraught :( Any suggestions??

We took Zaid to an apple orchard yesterday. Anyone on my FB can see my pics, he had a BLAST!! As I progress in my pregnancy I find myself really sad doing these things though. Becoming a family of 4 has me really scared. I always think like, what is Laila isnt half as good as Zaid always was? Will we still be able to go to these places? Even if she is good, trying to map a day around 2 kids has gotta be tough. I know my fear is probably pretty natural but, I think about it all the time.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Kelly: Try probiotics. give him yoghurt with fruit or just plain yoghurt with a bit of honey or something. it doesn't even have to be Activia Yoghurt as EVERY yoghurt has those cultures (bifidus, acidophilus, casei etc)that only Danone claims to have. They also do sell probiotics in a little jar at the health food store. I used to give it to Allie when she got antibiotics treatments for her ear infections. I think it was called Baby Jar-o-dophilus or something like that. I got it at the refridgerated section at the health food store and fed it to her from my nipple LOL. You can just mix it in the food though gg.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Kelly, I think its totally normal to have some anxieties about expanding the family - including just the logistics of it. And in all reality, some things DO change, but in general its all for the best. the inconvenience is so overshadowed by the joy of a new life - but of course you know that. :yes:

and yes, I totally agree with the food additives conversation. I dont care if it hasnt been medically studied and 'proven', I am convinced there is a lot of scary stuff in our processed foods. I find myself more and more trying to make things at home. yesterday I bought several pounds of tomatoes and made homemade sauce which I froze in small containers. I'm so excited. I think I am going to buy more tomatoes at the next farmers market and do it again.

Edited by sara535

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

Sara: I made my own applesauce this week for the first time! :) I can't believe how easy that was and it makes the whole house smell good. There are so many recipe's on the internet nowadays you can really do everything yourself if you have the time. If the fruit/veggies are in season its actually cheaper. Just 3 years ago I couldn't even boil water, but now I am making a lot myself I just google it.

Kelly: Ben still takes an adult dose of Miralax every day. He still gets all backed up when something is up, like we are moving right now and we are really stressed out and he senses that and now matter what we feed him or how many laxatives he is taking, he gets very constipated as soon as his schedule changes. I just had to give him an enema because he didn't poop for 8 days and he was miserable. It really sucks. Ijust hope that someday it will go away on its own.

I am really nervouse about handling 2 kids too, but I think it's a much bigger change going from no kids to one child than adding another. I am really not looking forward to getting 2 kids in and out of carseats all the time. But as long as they are healthy I am happy though. I see sooo many kids with autism or other mental disorders all the time, I'm so paranoid it's like every other kid in our neighborhood has some kind of issue. It would be very hard for me to deal with that to be honest.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Hey all, its been a while since I've posted here. My son has been griding his teeth a lot lately when he is awake (he sometimes does it when he is asleep). He is just getting in his back teeth. Is this just a bad habit or something else going on. The sound sounds like it can't be good. Any advice?

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Timeline

Hey all, its been a while since I've posted here. My son has been griding his teeth a lot lately when he is awake (he sometimes does it when he is asleep). He is just getting in his back teeth. Is this just a bad habit or something else going on. The sound sounds like it can't be good. Any advice?

Ignore it. It's a phase. Both my kids did it and I know Adam is still doing it every now and then in his sleep. I asked the dentist about it and he said it was normal and during daytime, when it's done on purpose they are just trying you and if you react to it, they'll do it even more :). This too, shall pass.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Kelly@ that's my biggest fear, I'm not even pregnant with a second baby but I'm so afraid of having anoher one, here I have my in laws and my family cheering for us to have another one, even my hubby is super excited but I'm so not ready. :unsure:

sofsmile-1.jpg

Timeline

Kelly/Vi/Chnst: About the fear of having another one...I guess it's pretty natural. I had those thoughts and my biggest fear was to not be able to love the second child as much as you love the first one. Well, turns out...there's a lot more love to give than I thought :). Yes it is tough in the beginning, especially since your boys (and Sofia of course) are already a little older. Adam was only 17 months old and hadn't quite hit the self centered stage yet as a three year old is in. Luckily allie was just as laid back as Adam and he'd let me nurse her whenever I needed to nurse and was really good. There were days when it was too much (there still are) and days when I didn't want to leave the house because I just wanted to lay down and do nothing but they passed and somehow you just have to get through it. You can't just give up, right? As far as scheduling. When adam was born it was all about him. When Allie was born...it was still all about Adam LOL. She was 'pressed' into the schedule that Adam was on. When he napped, she was being put down too, when he was awake, she was going to playdates with us. There was no..."oh..I'm gonna let her sleep just a bit longer" because we HAD to leave for whatever appointment we had.

As of right now...my kids are driving me absolutely insane. I can totally see where moms would go to a doctor to have pills subscribed for their kids. I wish my kids would be the ones sitting next to me at storytime..listening to the story. Well, my kids are the ones under the table, jumping off of chairs etc. I don't know how many times we have left there after only three to five minutes because they just ignored me. I do the 'counting' method. I tell them what's going to happen at three and usually they do listen and straighten up at the count of two but at storytime that doesn't work for whatever reason. Usually I reward a good storytime with going to 'see the cow' (Chick fil a) because they have toddler time there on Thursdays with balloons and facepaint, the cow is there to hug etc. So it usually hits home when we have to leave before storytime is over. I'm not afraid of having two crying kids in the car but it makes you crumble at times :). They both are very high energy and I cannot leave them unattented for a minute. This morning Adam went downstairs while we were all sleeping and found two suckers. I don't even know where he got them from but he unwrapped them, gave one to the DOG (he shared it with the dog argh) and one to Alile. Allie however managed to fall asleep with the sucker in her bed and woke me up calling me..."Mama....Maaaaamaaaaaaa....I gotta sucker in my hair". Wonderful. Also, Adam tried to feed the dog two bananas and Allie squeezed all the lotion onto the nightstand. All that happened BEFORE we even got up and had breakfast. Halleluja...I'm a wreck sometimes and just want to leave everybody behind..not care about food, clothes, playgroups, mealplans and grocery lists etc...

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

This morning Adam went downstairs while we were all sleeping and found two suckers. I don't even know where he got them from but he unwrapped them, gave one to the DOG (he shared it with the dog argh) and one to Alile. Allie however managed to fall asleep with the sucker in her bed and woke me up calling me..."Mama....Maaaaamaaaaaaa....I gotta sucker in my hair". Wonderful. Also, Adam tried to feed the dog two bananas and Allie squeezed all the lotion onto the nightstand. All that happened BEFORE we even got up and had breakfast. Halleluja...I'm a wreck sometimes and just want to leave everybody behind..not care about food, clothes, playgroups, mealplans and grocery lists etc...

:rofl:

I only have one that young and it makes me crazy too, I cant even imagine having two....

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

Kelly/Vi/Chnst: About the fear of having another one...I guess it's pretty natural. I had those thoughts and my biggest fear was to not be able to love the second child as much as you love the first one. Well, turns out...there's a lot more love to give than I thought :). Yes it is tough in the beginning, especially since your boys (and Sofia of course) are already a little older. Adam was only 17 months old and hadn't quite hit the self centered stage yet as a three year old is in. Luckily allie was just as laid back as Adam and he'd let me nurse her whenever I needed to nurse and was really good. There were days when it was too much (there still are) and days when I didn't want to leave the house because I just wanted to lay down and do nothing but they passed and somehow you just have to get through it. You can't just give up, right? As far as scheduling. When adam was born it was all about him. When Allie was born...it was still all about Adam LOL. She was 'pressed' into the schedule that Adam was on. When he napped, she was being put down too, when he was awake, she was going to playdates with us. There was no..."oh..I'm gonna let her sleep just a bit longer" because we HAD to leave for whatever appointment we had.

As of right now...my kids are driving me absolutely insane. I can totally see where moms would go to a doctor to have pills subscribed for their kids. I wish my kids would be the ones sitting next to me at storytime..listening to the story. Well, my kids are the ones under the table, jumping off of chairs etc. I don't know how many times we have left there after only three to five minutes because they just ignored me. I do the 'counting' method. I tell them what's going to happen at three and usually they do listen and straighten up at the count of two but at storytime that doesn't work for whatever reason. Usually I reward a good storytime with going to 'see the cow' (Chick fil a) because they have toddler time there on Thursdays with balloons and facepaint, the cow is there to hug etc. So it usually hits home when we have to leave before storytime is over. I'm not afraid of having two crying kids in the car but it makes you crumble at times :). They both are very high energy and I cannot leave them unattented for a minute. This morning Adam went downstairs while we were all sleeping and found two suckers. I don't even know where he got them from but he unwrapped them, gave one to the DOG (he shared it with the dog argh) and one to Alile. Allie however managed to fall asleep with the sucker in her bed and woke me up calling me..."Mama....Maaaaamaaaaaaa....I gotta sucker in my hair". Wonderful. Also, Adam tried to feed the dog two bananas and Allie squeezed all the lotion onto the nightstand. All that happened BEFORE we even got up and had breakfast. Halleluja...I'm a wreck sometimes and just want to leave everybody behind..not care about food, clothes, playgroups, mealplans and grocery lists etc...

thanks... I don't know if it makes me feel any better though. lol. :lol: When I had to get all my paperwork faxed on friday for my license I had to take Ben to the bank, the passport place and the fax store all within 2 hours and he was on his worst behavior EVER! He kept running around in the bank, calling people "poopie" sticking his tongue out knocking over a sign and playing with the deposit papers, he was going crazy and no matter what I said to him he wouldn't sit still or stop his behavior. I had no choice because I really needed to get the papers notarized, and the bank people were so nice! They asked him if he was dizzy from all this spinning around and you know what he said? "no I'm drunk! I drink beer, like daddy" OMG he said it 4 times, they didn't say anything, they probably think we are raging alcoholics and I have no clue why he would say that??!! I was so embarrassed because he never acts like that!

Then on to the next place where he threw himself on the floor because I didn't buy him cookies. I usually ignore him and say "bye bye, Mommy is going to pay" but he just got up and ran the other way! So we left the store and he was screaming in the car all the way home. I really don't know what to do when I have rambunctious kids, but I think once you get used to handling one child with a temper tantrum 2 won't make a big difference. I hope!! I think with Ben the bad behavior comes in phases, he told me this morning to go away or he will put me in the garbage. :blink: I guess he picks up a lot from other kids but sometimes it's really tough to handle. I wouldn't change a single thing though, I don't know what I would do without Ben, but I still hope the next kid will be a little more laid back. :P

ETA: about the story time- I stopped taking Ben, he acted just the same. but I can't even blame him, the lady was so boring, the stories she picked wee boring and we were always just hoping she would finish the book already! We still go to the library and Barnes&Noble but we read our own books or play with the toys. Some kids just don't click with the person who is reading the story. haha

Edited by chnst

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

:rofl: :rofl: Thank you Steffi, I had a good lough reading this post. It certainly made me feel better about my kids behavior :). Drink Beer like daddy...lol. That's hilarious. I bet Ben is a funny kid. She sure does sound funny. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only mother struggling with tantrums in public and kids running opposite ways LOL.

Storytime here is usually fun. They do little songs and crafts. It's just the stories that my kids don't care about. They like to sing and jump around but sitting down for the stories doesn't work all the time.

ETA: I just saw that I wrote "....pills to subscribed to their kids" but I meant "prescribed" of course :yes: . It was late when I posted that.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Wow!

Right now I'm saying that I won't have more but I have times when I can't wait to have another baby but since Sofia is still not sleeping through the night and not potty train I have to say NOP.

Sofia is doing great, she is letting me know when she pooped, she comes to me holding her pants and says" Poopy mami' and of course we cheer her up about it. She is putting words together too, like yesterday we went to the supermarket and she kept calling her daddy Silvioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, cookies!!!!!! Silviooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ven (come here)! hubby doesn't like it but I just laugh when she does it (I know I shouldn't do it).

About story time, we are lucky the lady that runs the program at our library is very nice, and it's fun,they all know Sofia there, she gets a little wld from time to time and her fav part still the songs part, she loves to dance just like mami.

Tomorrow we are starting a Mommy and me program at our local church, I cecked it before and it's going to be fum I wish they have it a few times a week, it's just once a week but still is something.

sofsmile-1.jpg