Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

OMG, Mommies some of the stories you posted wowed me.

Mi in laws are a mental case too, they live around the corner from my house and never- "nunca" visit us or little Sofia, I went to Peru for three weeks without them knowing about it and everytime Silvio visited his parents they kept saying thta they were missing her but never came to check on us, not that I care BUT it mortifies me that my parents will do anything to have us living near them and see Sofia as much as they can but because of the distance they can't but see us once a year and these lazy peole cannot do that for my little one.

baby is waking up, I'll be back...

sofsmile-1.jpg

Timeline

Part II...

We are having a little big problem here, Sofia wants to sleep in our bed, she never had this problem before but now as soon as I put her to sleep on her crib she starts crying and when I hold her and put her in our bed she stops and just looks for a comfortable spot to sleep. I have to wait until she falls sleep and then I can put her in her crib,it's so annoying!!!! what to do?????

Question #2, sorry girls...

Sofia falls sleeps just after I feed her (bf) it rarely happens that she sleep for being tired, almost all the time is her falling sleeping when I'm bf her, what is going to happen when she gets older and I don't bfing anymore????? that's my big dilemma!!!

Gotta go girls, nite nite

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Gabby, I felt very similar to what you describe when I was first pregnant with Rayan. I never really had morning sickness, just some queasiness, and I lost my appetite completely for most of the first trimester. But in the very beginning, I had some very mild pain like you describe.

The time is flying so fast. Rayan will be six months old by the calendar tomorrow. Since we usually get together as a family on Sundays, we've decided to give him a little party today and give him rice cereal for the first time. I'm going to mix it very thin. This will be the first time he's had anything but breastmilk, except for a small amount of formula in the hospital, so we're excited to see what he thinks of it. He is VERY interested in whatever we're eating these days, reaches for it and smacks his lips.

Vi, I have some of the same concerns about the sleeping. Rayan usually falls asleep nursing, not on his own, and I know we need to teach him to fall asleep on his own. For the last week or so, he fights sleep so much that it's hard even for me to nurse him to sleep unless we're also going to bed. He will start to drift off, but then he just starts thrashing around, throwing his head from side to side. This is completely new behavior. He falls asleep on my lap sometimes now when I'm NOT nursing him if he's extremely tired, which is also new. I wish I knew the answer.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Rayan is soooooooo cute! As well as all the other babies here!!!

Ev??? Where are you?

For the concerns about sleeping when eating . As soon as Zaid hit like 8 months I didnt let him go to sleep while eating a bottle, if he tried to, I would stop him and put him in bed. He would cry in the beginning, and not for long, and then go right to sleep. Zaid has been on the same schedule since he was that age though. wakes up at 730am naps from 1-3pm then goes to bed at 8pm and sleeps til 730am. Due to the routine I developed and always stuck to, Zaid has only woke up during the night 2 times in 13 months, and thats when he was sick. Im grateful because with the amount of hours I work, the fact that I have to get up at 5am, and now adding school into the mix, he has made things so easy on me.

Vi, my suggestion is to not even take Sofia to your room or put her in your bed. Shes old enough to know she is getting her way. Maybe just try to calm her for a minute then lay her back in your bed. My sister has let her son sleep in his bouncer in the middle of their bed since he was born. Well now he is 6 months and 20lbs and practically breaking the bouncer so she is forced to put him in his crib, needless to say, my sister hasnt slept in days. Thats why I always made sure I started habits with Zaid that I knew would last long term. Good luck.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Oh boy....I better get ready for another pregnancy test in a week or so....

Maybe Ill join you here soon...again :)

me too. haha. good luck to both of us.

Vi: we are still trying to teach this to Ben. It's a little different because he is older but essentially the same problem. You want him to be able to go to sleep by himself when he is tired with as little help as possible from you, but also with as little crying as possible from Sofia.

So here is how I started when he was about a year old: about a half hour before bedtime I would bf and literally fill his tank up. Then bathe him/put jammies on, brush teeth. Then put him in his bed and say "lets cuddle, let's go to sleep" It is a lot easier now that he has a toddler bed and I can lay down with him or sit on his bed.

I would read a story, make sure to hug and kiss him a LOT, so he learns to associate this behavior with comfort instead of the nursing. He has a pacifier and he takes this now and holds my hand as he drifts off to sleep. It works great and i is getting better and better. He still wakes up a lot at night and tries to climb in bed with us (and when we are really tired he succeeds) but most of the time he just says "cuddle mommy" and wants me to hold his hand for a few minutes and goes back to sleep. It's not perfect but at least this got him over the constant night nursing and he wakes up a lot less.

You will also be amazed at how much she can understand at this age, I couldn't believe how fast Ben learned what the word "sleepy time" "tired" mean. He is now asking to go to his bed for naps and when he gets tired at night.

caybee: wow Rayan is getting big- and he is sooo handsome! happy 6 months!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Timeline
Part II...

We are having a little big problem here, Sofia wants to sleep in our bed, she never had this problem before but now as soon as I put her to sleep on her crib she starts crying and when I hold her and put her in our bed she stops and just looks for a comfortable spot to sleep. I have to wait until she falls sleep and then I can put her in her crib,it's so annoying!!!! what to do?????

Question #2, sorry girls...

Sofia falls sleeps just after I feed her (bf) it rarely happens that she sleep for being tired, almost all the time is her falling sleeping when I'm bf her, what is going to happen when she gets older and I don't bfing anymore????? that's my big dilemma!!!

Gotta go girls, nite nite

Aditya started doing the same thing as soon as he turned 9 months old. We had to move his crib into our room eventually so I could get some sleep at night. He is teething really bad. Has 9 teeth already and is getting 3 more at the same time. That could be the problem with Sofia too. They just need a lot of comforting when they are teething and in pain. Now Aditya sleeps fine in his crib in our room knowing we are close to him. This is just a passing phase and when the teething pain will stop things will go back to normal.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Stef, your right. When Zaid is tired he walks into his room and says "mommy blelay" (his word for blanket) and he says "nap" We have done our best to associate good things for naps and nighttime that he really enjoys going to his bed when he is tired

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Lots of great advice on the sleeping!

Rayan had his first cereal at my parents' house today, and was he ready! He met the spoon halfway with both hands and shoved it in his mouth, then started fussing for more (I did nurse him beforehand). My husband will probably do his cereal feedings in the mornings since he's giving him expressed milk anyway. Next week, we'll probably try either carrots or sweet potatoes instead of going through the grains one at a time, but I'll double-check with his doctor at his appointment on Tuesday. As soon as we got home this afternoon, he wanted to nurse and went right to sleep afterward.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We have had a consistent routine with our two and they have been sleeping 12 hours + a night since they were 4 months old. They know we have dinner, milk, sometimes a bath, then they get their jammies on and get in their crib. When we turn the white noise machine on (waves sound) they know that it is naptime / bedtime. I always give each a kiss, tell them I love them, tell them to have sweet baby dreams, and say night night. Sometimes they will talk or cry for maybe five minutes, but then they are usually out. Hana has been teething and having separation issues lately. So sometimes she will wake up every 45 minutes and dreadfully cry. We have found out if we go pick her up, dry her tears, walk with her for maybe two minutes and then put her back down she will go right back to sleep. Good luck everyone! It took FOREVER to get Zak (4 months) to be a good sleeper. Just be consistent! It is funny, but even when they are sick our two HATE sleeping with us. They LOVE their own beds soooooooo much. (We moved them to their own beds in their own room at 8 weeks...best thing we ever did).

ETA: One of Hana's first words at 7 months was ni-ni when she was ready to sleep!

Edited by tnh9479

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline

Thank you for your advices mommies...

Sofia has a rouitine too, dinner, bath, some yogurt and mommy's milk to fill her belly and after that nite nite, we stick to it and it's working great the problems are AFTER she foes to sleep, she is being waking up no less than 3 times during the night, last night was a nightmare she woke up at 4am and didn't go to sleep until 7am!!! then went to sleep until 10am, yes,she slept but it's not the case, hubby and me are super exhausted. Funny thing is that in Lima during my trip he slept perfectly,we think that is because we were out all the time, at the pool, the beach, always running all over the place so she was exhausted by the end of the day but here there is not so much to do here, I take her out everyday in the stroller but the weather is being extremely cold so forget the park or any other thing, we just play at home.

I'm thinking about making an appointment with the peditrician to see what he has to say,what do you think?

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Kavi still doesn't sleep 12 hours straight and he is over two now. I am beginning to think he never will! :lol: I think some kids are just better sleepers from a young age while others aren't. And I hope Kavi will get better and better at it. It has gotten better than in the past, but still maybe he'll sleep 8 hours straight with a wake up and then will sleep again for a couple hours? And many nights, he wakes up crying about 45 mins after falling asleep. At times I feel like I am at my wits end. :innocent:

I think my view of having a second child soon would be different if Kavi had been a good sleeper. Right now, I am still too tired to think about wanting to get pregnant again. If Kavi happens to wake up in the middle of the night(yes sometimes he does still), I just think, with a newborn this is every few hours. Hmmm! lol

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Kavi still doesn't sleep 12 hours straight and he is over two now. I am beginning to think he never will! :lol: I think some kids are just better sleepers from a young age while others aren't. And I hope Kavi will get better and better at it. It has gotten better than in the past, but still maybe he'll sleep 8 hours straight with a wake up and then will sleep again for a couple hours? And many nights, he wakes up crying about 45 mins after falling asleep. At times I feel like I am at my wits end. :innocent:

I think my view of having a second child soon would be different if Kavi had been a good sleeper. Right now, I am still too tired to think about wanting to get pregnant again. If Kavi happens to wake up in the middle of the night(yes sometimes he does still), I just think, with a newborn this is every few hours. Hmmm! lol

I feel your pain. Eman's sleep pattern has been sporadic. He was also a colicky baby so having another baby is DEFINITELY not on my mind.

Okay, so last night (well, actually probably 4 am or so), Declan woke up crying. I think he may be teething again. I went in there to comfort him and he absolutely refused me. He kept pointing at the door and crying, "Daddy, daddy". As soon as daddy heard that on the monitor, he came in and Declan was fine. It's crazy how much that hurt my feelings. I know rationally, things like that happen, but ohmygod, it was so hard feeling that I can't comfort my little boy. My hubby tried to remind me that many times, Declan only wants me.

Just wondering if that has happened to any of you guys.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Okay, so last night (well, actually probably 4 am or so), Declan woke up crying. I think he may be teething again. I went in there to comfort him and he absolutely refused me. He kept pointing at the door and crying, "Daddy, daddy". As soon as daddy heard that on the monitor, he came in and Declan was fine. It's crazy how much that hurt my feelings. I know rationally, things like that happen, but ohmygod, it was so hard feeling that I can't comfort my little boy. My hubby tried to remind me that many times, Declan only wants me.

Just wondering if that has happened to any of you guys.

I don't know about you but for his first year or two all Eman wanted was his mommy. And it made me feel bad for my hubby because even though pregnancy and labor are tough work, it gives us the chance to bond with our little ones and gives us this attachment to them and vice versa. Dad's don't feel much of a connection because we seem to be the number one choice for sometimes EVERYTHING...as they grow older they get introduced to daddy. The gentle giants who do the craziest things and make the goofiest faces just to win the hearts of their little ones. It's only natural that they will start to form a bond that will in some cases supercede the relationship they have with us. Declan loves you, at that time he wanted his dad to comfort him. I hope that makes sense.

I remember the first time it happened to me. I felt a tiny bit like you did but their bond is so cute and gives mommy her me-time that she so deperately need. It's natural to feel bad, but look it from a good point of view : )