makedreamy

Important question about WIC and food stamp

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

hello everybody..

I am an OCD man and I wanna make sure about an important thing, I am married to a US citizen who is pregnant'''Thanks GOD'''' and we are not working so we are depending on our savings and I am applying for AOS some of my friends told me to apply for the food stamps and the WIC but I am afraid that those may affect my AOS application and I might be considered a public charge,, so what do you think????????????

and do you know how much do they give us if we applied for those things(I am living with my wife who is pregnant and we do not have kids yet)

thanks a lot and wish me luck

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I was on WIC while AOSing. I don't think it will have any effect on your AOS in any way.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your USC wife can apply for anything.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

hello everybody..

I am an OCD man and I wanna make sure about an important thing, I am married to a US citizen who is pregnant'''Thanks GOD'''' and we are not working so we are depending on our savings and I am applying for AOS some of my friends told me to apply for the food stamps and the WIC but I am afraid that those may affect my AOS application and I might be considered a public charge,, so what do you think????????????

and do you know how much do they give us if we applied for those things(I am living with my wife who is pregnant and we do not have kids yet)

I am guessing this will get moved as this is not the best forum for the question, but I am not a mod so will answer as best I can before it gets moved.

Food stamps do not affect your status. And neither does WIC. Do not worry about applying for, or accepting either if you qualify for these programs, that is what they are there for, and you will have no issues with USCIS for accepting them. The non-USC can not accept any type of monetary benefit, but food stamps and WIC are non-monetary programs.

Income is a different issue for AOS. You will need to either qualify with your resources, or find a sponsor. Some of this depends on when you both last worked, as you may have stopped working late 2009 and had a significant income for the year.

Regardless you should review the guide here on VJ and double check the USCIS site for the most up to date income requirements.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

hello everybody..

"I am married to a US citizen who is pregnant'''Thanks GOD'''' and we are not working so we are depending on our savings and I am applying for AOS some of my friends told me to apply for the food stamps and the WIC but I am afraid that those may affect my AOS application and I might be considered a public charge,, so what do you think????????????.

I wish I could tell you what I think but I'd be banned.

OOPs ! Good luck!

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
thanks a lot for your fast reply

plz can you tell me how much does my wife get is she appied for the food stamps and the WIC

thanks a gain

Each state has differing amounts but rest assured, you get treated pretty good on this poverty program.

In fact you will be spending more on groceries each week than many of the tax payers who pay for it. (no kidding)

For example, this subject came up in another thread last night so I looked into it and I found in my state for example, food stamps alone will net a family of three who earn below aprox 2000 grand a month.... $525 dollars in food stamp money every thirty days!

Mind you food stamps can only be used to buy food, no beer no cleaning products no pet food.

$526 for just food alone is a pretty tidy some.

Not sure about WIC, but when you find out, could you post that amount, I would be curious to know.

One of the coolest things is, you don't even have to go stand in line to get your money every month, they give you a card which they recharge in the system, so its not only easy, it minimizes the embarrassment too.

Good luck with that.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My only question is how are you going to bring a child into the world to feed and take care of if neither of you are working and are trying to get yourselves on food stamps and wic?

Edited by ~PalmTreeGurl~
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline
Each state has differing amounts but rest assured, you get treated pretty good on this poverty program.

In fact you will be spending more on groceries each week than many of the tax payers who pay for it. (no kidding)

For example, this subject came up in another thread last night so I looked into it and I found in my state for example, food stamps alone will net a family of three who earn below aprox 2000 grand a month.... $525 dollars in food stamp money every thirty days!

Mind you food stamps can only be used to buy food, no beer no cleaning products no pet food.

$526 for just food alone is a pretty tidy some.

Not sure about WIC, but when you find out, could you post that amount, I would be curious to know.

One of the coolest things is, you don't even have to go stand in line to get your money every month, they give you a card which they recharge in the system, so its not only easy, it minimizes the embarrassment too.

Good luck with that.

unless you are like some that go to the grocery store at 11:59pm to wait for the stroke of midnight per se' to get steaks, crab legs and ribs... or tell your child to go put back the yogurt bcz you cant afford it on the card... some should be embarrassed.

Edited by ~PalmTreeGurl~

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
My only question is how are you going to bring a child into the world to feed and take care of if neither of you are working and are trying to get yourselves on food stamps and wic?

Thank you! Meanwhile I have been working since 15 and they wouldn't give me a lick of help when I needed to stay home temporarily until I found a job when I relocated to Va from Chicago...sorry...I am still bitter about it...

Timeline
Thank you! Meanwhile I have been working since 15 and they wouldn't give me a lick of help when I needed to stay home temporarily until I found a job when I relocated to Va from Chicago...sorry...I am still bitter about it...

I hear you on that one. I lived 4 states apart from my family, working 2 jobs to make enough sometimes for food on my own table and to sponsor my hubby to get over here myself. Seen too many people in my above post that ate crab legs and steak on FS while I worked 2 jobs and ate ramen noodles and had to strictly budget.

Dont even get me started on those that had FS, denied yogurt to a kid and bought beer with cash.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

On WIC you don't get money. You have either checks or a card and the products you can buy are all listed in a little booklet. I believe it's mainly milk, cheese, juices and fruit. Once baby is there, they help with formula or you get extra tuna (if nursing), carrots.

When I was on WIC it usually saved us around 40 Dollars since you have to buy the cheap stuff.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline
Ramen noodles. Reminds me of college. The good old days.

The only flavor Im not burnt out on eating is the creamy chicken and it seems like most places have stopped carrying that flavor. No more beef,reg chicken, shrimp ramen noodles for me! :no: