makedreamy

Important question about WIC and food stamp

67 posts in this topic

It doesn't bother me, in fact if you honestly qualify... why not?

The only think that mildly "irks" me a little is the people who act like the money they get is owed to them.

I take every deduction and In would even apply for free lunch if I thought I would A)Qualify and B) would not make my kid see them self as poor.

Look, when the Govt is trying to give you money... TAKE IT, if you don't they will find another way to blow it.

Oh look, VJ has it's very own Rosie O'Donald.

:thumbs:

It irks me that that judgemental asshatz like you who feels the need to judge everyone... None of the homeless & hungry people I work with "deserves" it!!! And thinking that you must be doing something right just because you are not in their shoes is very myopic!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
It irks me that that judgemental asshatz like you who feels the need to judge everyone... None of the homeless & hungry people I work with "deserves" it!!! And thinking that you must be doing something right just because you are not in their shoes is very myopic!

Danno is looking up "myopic" in the dictionary as we speak.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I'll help out:

myopic:

–adjective

1. Ophthalmology. pertaining to or having myopia; nearsighted.

2. unable or unwilling to act prudently; shortsighted.

3. lacking tolerance or understanding; narrow-min

I think #3 is the right definition in this case.

Look I just made another bad judgement.

I came back to post in this thread :lol:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I am not ashamed to say that when my ex took off and decided to leave me to financially support and care for two infants by myself, I accepted WIC. They help you with baby formula & also whole milk and certain other foods.

Yep. I used WIC when I was a single mom putting myself through graduate school while also working two part time jobs (couldn't do a full time job what with school and my child) to make ends meet. I'm fairly certain that the last 10 years of working and paying taxes more than makes up for the roughly four or five months I used WIC to help provide milk and cereal to my child....

But of the hundreds of millions of men in this country..... "you chose him" to make kids with.

Look it happens but don't blame a snake bites you.

Oh. Wow. The funny thing is that sometimes you choose to be with a perfectly wonderful person and children are a result of that choice. Somewhere along the line things change and spin out of control. Often it's not your control either, but theirs. Only you (and your children) pay the price.

I applaud any woman (or man) who can overcome such setbacks and still succeed and raise healthy, well-adjusted children.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry but I have to BS on you.

I spent more than one night in a Salvation Army bed myself (once upon a time).... and I can tell you: We all deserved it.

####### is rosie O'Donald? I've heard of Rosie O'Donnell, but not O'Donald. :hehe:

You haven't heard.... she "finished what she started"

:devil:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Timeline

I think it would be great if anyone deciding to have kids should have to go through some sort of counselling/exam/application for licence to... before becoming pregnant, just like a driving test, bar exam etc. this of course will only happen in a fantasy world and the criteria would certainly be seen as unfair towards the poor and uneducated, but seriously, some people definetely should not just be able to pop kids out left and right... especially if they can't even support themselves alone.

I saw a really sad scene one day on one of my trips to Dhaka, Bangladesh... this woman was holding this tiny, scrawny baby in her arms, begging and pointing to its genitals while doing so, when I looked closer I saw that the little baby boy had no #######... when asked about this I was told that they have babies for the sole purpose of being able to get more money out of begging, and maiming a baby/kid gets them more money, especially from foreigners. This is what made me think... gee wouldn't it be great if people had to go through some sort of check-up and serious examination before they were allowed to procreate? For example: if you have a mullet, you may not breed, lol :devil: just kidding!!!