15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi, I Just recieved a Message from User Called anne4live .. and i believe its a Spam so i said to report it

Thank you.

Personal Message

anne4live

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Hello Friend,, Today, 06:08 AM

Group: Members

Hello Friend,

How are you doing today ? i hope you are fine, Am Anne Robert, am 24yrs old girl, Please forgive my indignation if this message come to you as a surprise i just Feel It s' God direction and will, i have something that is really burdring me in mind and i do not just know how to tell you this I have a project worth $9,000,000.00)US Dollars in Bank here in Abidjan, that i need your assistance in, all i need is your full support and effort, cause Ideally you will perhaps be my equal or more, and I will like to know you more better because I have a serous issue I need to

disclose to you. well, for now, I think This is all I can say before I run out of room;

What do you think ? Pls reach me through my private email ads, ok !

Email annerobert4realci@yahoo.com

I wait for your message, ok !

Anne,

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
Hi, I Just recieved a Message from User Called anne4live .. and i believe its a Spam so i said to report it

Thank you.

Personal Message

anne4live

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Hello Friend,, Today, 06:08 AM

Group: Members

Hello Friend,

How are you doing today ? i hope you are fine, Am Anne Robert, am 24yrs old girl, Please forgive my indignation if this message come to you as a surprise i just Feel It s' God direction and will, i have something that is really burdring me in mind and i do not just know how to tell you this I have a project worth $9,000,000.00)US Dollars in Bank here in Abidjan, that i need your assistance in, all i need is your full support and effort, cause Ideally you will perhaps be my equal or more, and I will like to know you more better because I have a serous issue I need to

disclose to you. well, for now, I think This is all I can say before I run out of room;

What do you think ? Pls reach me through my private email ads, ok !

Email annerobert4realci@yahoo.com

I wait for your message, ok !

Anne,

Banning them. sorry for their message!!

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Captain,

Do we ever inform yahoo of things like this so they can also close the email account?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

It's really not worth the effort. By the time you've notified Yahoo and they've sifted through the tons of other emails to get to your email, the spammer has already harvested any replies they've gotten, and now they're chatting with their targets via yet another email address. They move fast and they move often. And even if you do happen to get that one closed before they're done using it, these spammers use automated tools to open dozens or hundreds more accounts to replace them. It's just not worth the effort.

One additional thing that could help to completely dry up the spam is to limit pm's on new accounts to admins or mods only, for a period of, say, 48 hours.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That sounds like a useful suggestion, Mox. Is it feasible, Captain? We don't often get the PM spammers but sometimes we do and that would at least stop them from getting through to the membership.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
A pretty large number of VJ members are lurkers though, so it might take ages for them to get to some number of posts, if at all.

That is true. The forum I spoke of has it that you can PM the admin and they will bump your posts to 20. How many bots are gonna go through that?

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

We limit the PM rate which is the best we can do. Limiting by post count hurts people who do not post as much.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We limit the PM rate which is the best we can do. Limiting by post count hurts people who do not post as much.

Yes, however, they can always contact you to have their post counts increased, could they not?

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

my first VJ spam! Anyone else get this?

I was checking my PM and I saw an email with the subject "hello". I decided to open it and read it. Here is the copied and paste email that I got:

Hello

My name is Miss JESICAL, i saw your profile today and after going through it,i fill more intrest to contact you ,i will like you to please send me an email at my email address via (jesical.baby@yahoo.com.ph) for me to send you my pics and to tell you more about me. then from here we can move on.I will be waiting for your reply on my email address above.thanks

JESICAL .via(jesical.baby@yahoo.com.ph)

It was reported to Captain Ewok

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
my first VJ spam! Anyone else get this?

I was checking my PM and I saw an email with the subject "hello". I decided to open it and read it. Here is the copied and paste email that I got:

It was reported to Captain Ewok

Darnell got that as well and posted about it because they actually have a profile.