VanessaTony

AOS, EAD & AP from K1 - the Aussie way (doc list included)

543 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
UPDATED FORMS

For those that have missed the update on the home page about the update to I-485, I also found the following have been updated:

- I-485 (AOS). The USCIS website says previous editions not accepted. The new form was revised 3rd Dec 2009 Beginning February 25, 2010 most applicants must submit Form I-485 to a USCIS Lockbox facility, depending on the eligibility category under which they are filing, as provided in the form instructions.

- I-693 (Medical). See the special instructions here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD that explain what editions are or are not accepted. Form revised 25 Feb 2010

- I-765 (EAD). Previous edition accepted. Revised 12 Feb 2010.

UPDATED FILING ADDRESS

So finally I'm able to edit the OP (thanks to organiser status) but I hadn't had a chance to check filing addresses etc. The courier address has changed as of December 09 and the OP has now been updated. Here is new "new" address:

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I believe anything sent to the former address will still be accepted so people try not to panic if you've sent it there.

Like I mentioned before, I mailed mine yesterday, and I did check the USCIS website about the revised addresses and such. I expressed mine to the courier address and made sure I attentioned it to Family Based AOS, but the only thing different on mine was the zip - I mailed it to 60603-5520, whereas the zip you said was 60603-5517. But, it was delivered this morning and signed for, so it made it. I believe the USCIS website says that they will forward any mismailed stuff to the correct up until March 29, after that you are SOL.

As for the editions accepted, for the I-485, they are accepting two kinds of editions up until March 29 as well. The edition I sent in was the old one, but because I got in way before the deadline I am ok. The AP and EAD forms, I got from their website just a few days ago, so I am sure they are fine.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline
Like I mentioned before, I mailed mine yesterday, and I did check the USCIS website about the revised addresses and such. I expressed mine to the courier address and made sure I attentioned it to Family Based AOS, but the only thing different on mine was the zip - I mailed it to 60603-5520, whereas the zip you said was 60603-5517. But, it was delivered this morning and signed for, so it made it. I believe the USCIS website says that they will forward any mismailed stuff to the correct up until March 29, after that you are SOL.

As for the editions accepted, for the I-485, they are accepting two kinds of editions up until March 29 as well. The edition I sent in was the old one, but because I got in way before the deadline I am ok. The AP and EAD forms, I got from their website just a few days ago, so I am sure they are fine.

Fabulous as always :D

I was about to start fixing my address stuff when I found the update so it's filling in new forms for me :P

Timeline
Fabulous as always :D

I was about to start fixing my address stuff when I found the update so it's filling in new forms for me :P

I don't mind filling in forms (an excuse to write my new name, lol) but I remember when I was doing the K1 packet and I stuffed up the the G325's....It shat me no end!! And that was back when you filed four copies of it, so I had to correct all the copies by hand. Argh!!!

Timeline

By the way, my AOS etc packet was received by the Lockbox today, and since it was express mail, it had delivery confirmation and signature on delivery. It was signed for by L. Box...which I didn't think anything of this morning. But now I think about it....is that an play on Letter Box? I got emailed the signature picture by USPS, but you can't really see anything in the pic, it's just too crappy. Did the postal service just pull a swifty on me?

Timeline
By the way, my AOS etc packet was received by the Lockbox today, and since it was express mail, it had delivery confirmation and signature on delivery. It was signed for by L. Box...which I didn't think anything of this morning. But now I think about it....is that an play on Letter Box? I got emailed the signature picture by USPS, but you can't really see anything in the pic, it's just too crappy. Did the postal service just pull a swifty on me?

Seems like a play on words to me. Did you not send it to the physical address? That's really weird... Did you attach the G-1145 to get the texts? Just wait a couple of days, and keep and eye on your account to see if the cheque (oh god, I wrote check :S) is cashed. I'm sure it's all above board (well hope) but it might not be USPS that did it, could be the person who signed thinking they're funny...

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline
Seems like a play on words to me. Did you not send it to the physical address? That's really weird... Did you attach the G-1145 to get the texts? Just wait a couple of days, and keep and eye on your account to see if the check is cashed. I'm sure it's all above board (well hope) but it might not be USPS that did it, could be the person who signed thinking they're funny...

I sent it to the physical Dearborn address. I did attach the E-Notification sheets so we shall see. Obviously if the check gets cashed it's all good!

Maybe the government does have a sense of humour??

Timeline
I sent it to the physical Dearborn address. I did attach the E-Notification sheets so we shall see. Obviously if the check gets cashed it's all good!

Maybe the government does have a sense of humour??

**fingers crossed**!! Maybe.. also.. I heard that there are NO name tags when you go to interviews, no plaques to say who you're talking to, nothing at biometrics either.. perhaps it's an attempt to remain anonymous? or an attempt to stop people faking "official people's" signatures?

Timeline
**fingers crossed**!! Maybe.. also.. I heard that there are NO name tags when you go to interviews, no plaques to say who you're talking to, nothing at biometrics either.. perhaps it's an attempt to remain anonymous? or an attempt to stop people faking "official people's" signatures?

That is weird. The people at the Consulate all had names! If USCIS people don't have names, I will just have to give them completely absurd ones ;)

Timeline
That is weird. The people at the Consulate all had names! If USCIS people don't have names, I will just have to give them completely absurd ones ;)

I love it! Like "Mr balding with freckle on left cheek" aka Bob.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

OK so on the I-485 form they want spouse details and since my girl is not changing her surname until Sept this year which surname should I put?

I will lodge forms end March so just not sure which way to go on this one.

Jason

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

Timeline

OK so on the I-485 form they want spouse details and since my girl is not changing her surname until Sept this year which surname should I put?

Jason

Just put her name down as her maiden name if she isn't changing it yet, since that is her name at the time of filing. She is the USC, so at least she doesn't have to worry about having to tell Immigration that her name has changed at a later date!

Jason

I also realized that I will need to do this for I-864 form so hopefully you guys have some answers for me ;).

July 23, 2010 - approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well, i finally sent my package on 03/06.....my I-94 was to expire on 03/10...

Based on the checklist that Vanessa&Tony put i gathered all the documents needed...listed below is my checklist...

EAD

2 Passport Photos (Ravindran Arumugham)

Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Copy of K1 Visa in Passport (Ravindran Arumugham)

Photocopy of the passport biographical pages including USA entry stamps (Ravindran Arumugham)

Photocopy of the passport biographical pages (Elizabeth E Dale)

Copy of I-797, Notice of Action, approval of K1 Visa

Copy of I-94, Arrival/Departure Record (Ravindran Arumugham)

Copy of Marriage Certificate

AOS

Check # 328 in the amount of $1,010.00 payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security

I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Ravindran Arumugham)

Copy of Birth Certificate with English Translation (Ravindran Arumugham)

I-693 - Medical Vaccination Record by Civil Surgeon

Copy of DS-3025 - Vaccination Record completed in India (Ravindran Arumugham)

G-325A, Biographic Information (Ravindran Arumugham)

I864 Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act (Elizabeth E Dale)

Copy of Tax Returns for 2008 and 2009 (Elizabeth E Dale)

Explanation of reason for not providing 2007 tax return (Elizabeth E Dale)

Letter from Petitioner's (Elizabeth E Dale) employer

Pay statements of the petitioner (Elizabeth E Dale) for one year

Bank statements of the petitioner (Elizabeth E Dale) for one year

Photocopy of the passport biographical pages including USA entry stamps (Ravindran Arumugham)

AP

I-131, Application for Travel Document

I-131, part 7, Explanation for traveling outside USA

Like Vanessa says, too much info is better than less info, we tracked the FEDEX and the package was delivered.............sitting here fingers crossed....all the best for all those whole filed for AOS this month just like me and for those it is pending...

And i forgot to mention, when the chick at the post office typed in the zip code 60603 the address automatically popped up and this was the address we sent it to..

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Thanks

Ravi_Beth

Edited by Ravi_Beth

Timeline:

10/29/07: First time we met in Bangalore

11/19/07: Realized we were in love

02/22/08: Her next trip to India

04/18/08: She left India

05/30/08: My first trip to US

06/09/08: Left for India

02/12/09: Visited her again for Valentines

05/27/09: Mailed application to Vermont Service Center

06/01/09: Received NOA1

07/09/09: Visited her again in US

09/13/09: Received NOA2

09/22/09: Beth received letter from National Visa Center saying package was received and will be forwarded to Chennai within the week

09/25/09: Received email from Chennai with all the docs and interview date of October 29, 2009.

10/29/09: Interview in Chennai. Visa APPROVED!!!

12/10/09: Arrived at DFW, 5 min at the POE & i am in, apparently the officer who interviewed got his wife to USA on K1 visa,what an irony

02/14/10: Wedding at Southfork Ranch in Dallas Texas

02/14/10: Headed for a honeymoon in Las Vegas :)

02/17/10: Back from honeymoon

02/22/10: Started thinking about AOS,EAD,AP (its too much paper work)

03/06/10: Filed the AOS,EAD,AP application

03/26/10: Received NOA for AOS,EAD,AP

04/05/10: Received NOA I-797C for AOS (Case transfered to CA CSC)

04/28/10: Received NOA I-797C for Bio-metrics appointment

05/18/10: Bio-Metrics taken at the Fort Worth ASC

05/20/10: Received my AP document :)

06/03/10: Received my EAD Card and a "Welcome Letter" stating my Permanent Resident Card will be mailed soon... :)

06/17/10: Received my Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) :)

So how is everyone "packaging" all this info? do you have 3 separate files within the package?

July 23, 2010 - approved

Timeline

Ravi_Beth - I would edit your post and remove your and your husbands full names from them, just for safety reasons.

Jason - With my AOS, AP and EAD, I paper clipped relevant stuff together for each part, put the passport pics inside a small ziplock bag, and then bulldog clipped each application separately. Then all three went in the same envelope.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.