sachinky

It's all about love!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hearing about everyone else's happy, sappy, romantic stories is something I always enjoy. So come and share yours here.

--Can you pinpoint the moment where you fell in love with your SO or thought to yourself, "this is it! He/she is the one!"

--Would you characterize your love as "love at first sight/ I knew it in my gut" or was it something that grew over time and you were surprised to find yourself suddenly in love?

--Tell ONE thing you absolutely love about your SO and would never change!

--What is ONE activity that you love doing with your SO, apart from engaging in tonsil tennis, of course! :blush:

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Hearing about everyone else's happy, sappy, romantic stories is something I always enjoy. So come and share yours here.

--Can you pinpoint the moment where you fell in love with your SO or thought to yourself, "this is it! He/she is the one!"

--Would you characterize your love as "love at first sight/ I knew it in my gut" or was it something that grew over time and you were surprised to find yourself suddenly in love?

--What is ONE activity that you love doing with your SO, apart from engaging in tonsil tennis, of course! :blush:

We were definitely in love at some point when we first met online (2-3 months? who knows?) but

one of the things about her is that she would use terms of endearment like "darling" to refer to me

and this was never phony or contrived. My ex-Japanese wife of 22 years never used any terms like

that either before or since we were married.

When we saw each other at Don Muang airport it was definitely love at first sight.

By the time my first visit was over we knew we would eventually marry.

One activity we enjoy is playing scrabble - she can be a very tough competitor but we never fight over

who winds or loses. We are both scrupulously fair. Playing games like this shows aspects of someone's

personality that are real and can't hide because it's a competitive/adversarial situation where things

outside of romance come to the forefront. If you want to see what your SO is really like, outside of

the realm of "hearts & flowers" play a game with them and if you are still in love after that, he/she

is the one for you.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

For me it was love at first sight when we met in Sweden and it just grew from there until my first visit to the U.S. As cheesy as it sounds, the night we knew we loved each other was at a restaurant overlooking the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, a full moon and a thunderstorm in the background. It was a truly magical night in so many ways. Dave got so enchanted he, by mistake, tipped the waiter 40% of the tab instead of 20%. :lol:

I love the fact that he always makes me laugh and that he is so caring and considerate of other people.

We love to play darts and watch football, especially college football. Go BUCKS!

05-02-2004 Met in Östersund, Sweden
09-07-2007 Got married in Eden Gardens State Park, Santa Rosa Beach, FL

*************************************************************************************************

AOS

11-02-2007 - Filed

03-14-2008 - Green Card received

*************************************************************************************************

Lifting of Conditions

02-08-2010 - Filed

06-21-2010 - Green Card received

N-400

06-24-2017 - N-400 package sent via EFile

06-24-2017 - Payment received via credit card

07-01-2017 - Appointment notice received

07-19-2017 - Biometrics appointment in Atlanta, GA

08-04-2017 - Case updated. Interview scheduled. 

"Whither thou goest I will go, whither thou lodgest I will lodge,
Thy people shall be my people, And thy God my God." ~ Ruth 1:16

It was really quite early on -- literally a couple of weeks or so into our relationship. We met on a hockey message board, of all places, and she happened to mention in a thread something about her favorite book...which happened to be MY favorite book (those who know my user name reference will know what that book is...), which caused us to start exchanging PMs...and it went from there. She was nearing the end of her Master's degree (in Arts Administration), but was under a lot of pressure since she also worked full time in a fairly stressful management job. So I made it very clear to her that I have a strong background in both writing and the arts, and I'd be happy to help her with it. So over the next few weeks, I DID help her with it quite extensively (reference citation, formatting, proofing, editing etc.), and it forged such a deep and powerful bond between the two of us that we were using the word "love" to each other in about two weeks. It happened very fast for both of us...and our relationship has never wavered in the two years we've now been together.

I was VERY surprised. I had been dating a lot locally, and had told myself years before that I would never get into another long-distance relationship, after a heart-wrenching experience in my early twenties. The notion of finding my eventual wife on a local hockey message board is something I would have laughed uproariously at...until it happened. It just goes to show that one can never predict where love is going to come from.

Her self-assurance! While there are times that it causes her to be a little inflexible in her stance on things, I absolutely love her ability to make an objective and informed decision and go with it. I've always adored directness and assertiveness in women, and she has that in spades.

Does "tonsil tennis" cover sex? :unsure: But seriously though, I love doing virtually everything with my wife. We watch a TON of movies and TV on DVD together...even when we're apart. We sync up the discs on both ends and say "Press plaaaaay....NOW!" and do a bit of quick play/pause, play/pause until they're perfectly in sync. It has become a regular pastime for us. Since I have free long distance, we have the luxury of being able to talk for hours every day. There literally hasn't been a day that has gone by in the nearly two years we've been together that we haven't talked on the phone. But ultimately, one of the wonderful things about our relationship is that we enjoy doing ANYthing together. Our shared company trumps any setting. :)

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

The day I met Claudeth I knew she was for me. There was just something about the way she looked and the way she talked and the way she moved that total captured my attention (L) It is all still there along with the shopping thingy that sometimes isn't so attractive :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

our love grew over time. i met him in india right before i came home for two weeks in between training classes for work. i actually didn't care too much for him :lol: it was a mutual american friend of ours who kept insisting that i go with both of them sightseeing around india. so we hung out every day after work, and every weekend. soon, it was just him and i hanging out with each other. i know it is corny, but i felt the "spark" when we were in the movie theater, and he took my hand :blush:

see above

his personality and his uncanning ability to make me laugh even through my tears

just being in his arms even when he is watching something incredibly boring to me on tv :lol:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

When Justin and I met, we were working for the same company. He had been assigned to Argentina on a special project, and stayed a little over a month. We started hanging out and he was fun and really sweet, but I knew he was coming back to the States so I just thought it was going to be like a cool, fun fling. But he was just so sweet and nice, and he told me he loved me...and I said aaww that's sweet :blush:

I think it was 2 days before he was travelling back that I thought I would write him a letter, that it would be a nice way to end things after a nice time spent together. As I sat in the food court of the mall close to my old work place I wrote the first two lines and...tears started flowing from my eyes! At that moment I thought to myself "mmm, this is not a fling. I think I've fallen for this guy!...and he's leaving in two days, this is not fair!". Later that day when I gave him the letter he started laughing, and I asked him why he was laughing, and he said that he was just so happy, and that no one had ever written him a letter before :wub: that day we decided we would see each other again...and 3 years, one wedding, and one baby later, here we are :star:

I was definitely caught by surprise! I still joke around with Justin and tell him "you were supposed to be a fling!" and he responds "well, ha! take that!" :lol:

I love his beautiful green eyes, the way he plays guitar, his easy going temper, he's a really good cook (which I find really sexy!) and how goofy we are together

I love just hanging out and being goofy together. Going to his shows to see his band play, going out to eat and order our steaks rare, and cooking for each other.

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We met online but that "this is it" moment was when we met face to face for the first time, I knew the person was for real, all the bad habits, all the annoying things he shared with me online were for real, there was no sugar coating in his character.

It wasn't love at first chat or anything, actually for a while I didn't even see him as a dating kind, he was so into books (still is) and was a serious type of a person, I on the other hand am very carefree kind but eventually as we started spending more and more time together we realized all the common thing we share and also all the uncommon things we can deal with. His humor side came across a bit later but when it came it was much more stronger than I expected.

I have great respect and admiration for how Joe never gives up, without getting into details that man has been through a lot, being homeless, to getting into major accident and other family problems. I love the fact that he never blamed anyone for whatever situation he got into, he never sought out for any help from any individual or agency.

He always says this line-- when you have gotten down this far, the only way is UP. And he truly believes in it. This is something which I will never forget, even if one day we part our ways, I will always have my respect for him for not giving up.

I enjoy playing chess or dominoes with him and basically beat him up and then keep telling him how he s*cks :P

We go out for long walks which we both enjoy, I guess I enjoy almost everything we do together other than a few of the annoying habits he got (popping my pimple, fart bombing)

Edited by trinket

Fart-bombing?

"I love the smell of farts in the morning - smells like victory!"

-Robert Duvall "Apocolypse Now"

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

--I do remember the exact moment I thought/said "I love you" to him--it was a crazy finals week, I was stressed, and had a ton of papers to finish. I was also incredibly sick. He let me stay the night over at his apartment--much to the displeasure of his roommate--and took care of me. Tucked me in, got me medicine and soup. I remember slurring out a "I love you" before I fell asleep. And the first time I fell IN love with him was when we shopping at Tops. There was this bent, 80 year old women who couldn't reach up to the higher shelves for a box of strawberries. So she asked my (then) boyfriend if he could get it for her. He practically towered over her, so he reached out, got what she asked for and then pushed her cart. It was so endearing and sweet that I completely and totally fell for him in that one moment.

--Definitely something that developed over time. Neither one of us thought we'd find the one we'd want to be with for the rest of our lives in college. I was convinced it was only going to be a pre-summer fling.

--His sense of humor. It's quite juvenile (seriously, you gotta listen to his jokes) and I'm certain I'm the only person who actually legitimately thinks he is funny. But he always, always makes me laugh. Otherwise, he just tickles me until I snort. Hmph.

--Grocery shopping. I always have a numbered list that I'm determined to stick to. And he runs around the aisles picking up chips, candy and dips without any form of restraint whatsoever. And CHEESYPUFFS. Oh dear.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Fart-bombing?

"I love the smell of farts in the morning - smells like victory!"

-Robert Duvall "Apocolypse Now"

I can't remember, what's it called when you pull the blankets over their head and fart? :blink:

Just remembered, Dutch Oven :wacko:

Edited by Jasman0717

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I knew I'd found someone special when he made me a music CD and taped a packet of Fybogel* on the inside of the CD jewel case. :wub:

*UK version of Metamucil.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

My husband was working as an officer on a cruise ship and I took my parents on a cruise. I was in the disco and he walked in. We caught eyes and for some reason I had that feeling that we were supposed to be together. Now I must add that I am generally a pragmatic cynacist and smart alek, so thoughts like this NEVER crossed my mind. I approached him and made fun of his bright blue drink but he got beeped to go to check something in the engine. I waited for him as he said he would be back, I was almost the last person left in the disco. We talked that entire night. On the first port day, San Juan Puerto Rico we went out on our first date. We spent almost the whole 7 day cruise together. During one evening out on deck watching the water we held hands and talked about what we wanted from life, love, everything....When we got back to Miami, a part of me was thinking that maybe this was a weekly thing for him (ya know, a girl in every port, handsome Italian officer... blah blah). He called me as we were leaving the ship and waved at me from deck.

He was signing off 2 weeks later (his contract was 4-5 months onboard, 2 months off) but he did not have time to apply for the visa to stay in Florida and visit me. So he sent me a plane ticket to come to Italy. I was not going to go as I only knew him for a WEEK for goodness sake... However, I somehow KNEW he was the one, so I threw caution to the wind and flew to Italy... We were married 2 years later and now it has been 6.5 years married and I love him even more.

Yes, it was love at first sight (although I would not have admitted that to anyone or myself at the time)

The one thing I would never change about my hubby is his patience and honesty. We are complete opposites in most things (I am outgoing, social, jokster, smart alek, hothead, impatient artistic type and he is patient, steady, honest almost to a fault, quiet, shy and very detail oriented engineer type) But I know that he loves me so very much and it so patient and understanding. We are a wonderful balance for each other, what he is good at I stink at and what I do well is his weakness... After almost 9 years and a very crazy life of him onboard and back and forth we are very much in love.

I might also add that I went through some very trying medical issues and he was there with me every step of the way... Even pushing me around Disney in a wheelchair, helping me in and out of bed and there to support me through everything.

My hubby and I love to travel together and we love sailing. It is our dream to retire on a sailboat. It is just wonderful that I finally have him here in the US with me and coming home for a few days a week (he still has to travel some for his job but I think it keeps our marriage fresh)

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

• 3 weeks later...

i realized that when i miss him online.. when we broke up after two wks. we met online, BUT, God is good... we backed in each others again after 4 days...HAPPY!!! :luv:

for me no.. not love at first sight... my love for him grew every day... and now really on the next level.. :luv: :luv: :luv:

he respects me and vice versa, he trust me and vice versa, we love each other, he understands me and vice versa..

staring at him when he is at sleep... love that.. i can see and touch his face...

Edited by godsgift
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog