Ladylethal

R.I.P. Brittany Murphy

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Brittany Murphy dies at age 32.

They said heart attack, maybe drugs and anorexia? Either way, too young to die. R.I.P.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wow.. a good performer too.. what a shame...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Brittany Murphy dies at age 32.

They said heart attack, maybe drugs and anorexia? Either way, too young to die. R.I.P.

Tragic and sad. (F) I just saw an article where she talked about wanting to have a child. :(

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't even know who she was.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I don't even know who she was.

same here. 32 is too young to die, but given the state of this world, surely she is in a better place. the reason i didn't have kids... i'd feel guilty subjecting anyone to this world.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Timeline
same here. 32 is too young to die, but given the state of this world, surely she is in a better place. the reason i didn't have kids... i'd feel guilty subjecting anyone to this world.

Wow...that's a pretty cynical view.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Wow...that's a pretty cynical view.

I was gonna say.

Perhaps that explains the general RWN point of view?

I.e. - since the world is just a shithole going to hell with no redeeming values, why bother having any policies that make it any better?

Why have decent healthcare, or focus on preserving an environment for our offspring since there really isn't anything worth preserving.

Better to just have a me-first and **-thy-neighbor attitude. I'm starting to understand the philosophical approach. Understand, obviously not agree.

Thankfully, I know enough conservatives who do have their value systems properly oriented and adjusted, so that I realize they care as much about society as liberals do, even though we may differ on policy prescriptions. Still it does make you think.

Timeline
Perhaps that explains the general RWN point of view?

I.e. - since the world is just a shithole going to hell with no redeeming values, why bother having any policies that make it any better?

In all fairness, I don't think DE is a RWN...he definitely leans right though.

You hit the nail on the head though as far as a general attitude of many on the Right. It's a very self centered attitude of not caring about future generations. Mix in with that, some Rapture minded Christian Fundamentalists and you can see why many of them have no real concern about the future.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You hit the nail on the head though as far as a general attitude of many on the Right. It's a very self centered attitude of not caring about future generations. Mix in with that, some Rapture minded Christian Fundamentalists and you can see why many of them have no real concern about the future.

you are right, i'm not right of right. i lean right simply because i'm a fiscal conservative. i actually look forward to left rule after the repubs have been in power for say 8 years. 8 years is just too long without a correction. i see it the same way when dems are in power, too long isn't good for them either.

as for not having kids, i don't have a very nice view of the world so i don't feel it is right to bring kids into it. i actually think people have kids to give themselves a life, not because the world is a great place to be. they have kids without any consideration to what the kid has to do in this world to maintain a reasonably good life. i just don't want to subject anyone to the challenges that this world demands - it is very hard work and getting more difficult by the day!

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

You really need to get to know the "enemy", we are not empty and shallow as you have been led to believe. Often we realize that in the real world you need real world answers and not all these feel good useless solutions. To say that a majority of the right doesnt care about futrue generations is simply not true.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
You really need to get to know the "enemy", we are not empty and shallow as you have been led to believe. Often we realize that in the real world you need real world answers and not all these feel good useless solutions. To say that a majority of the right doesnt care about futrue generations is simply not true.

Point taken. I agree with this. I think if one did a survey of people who volunteer at homeless shelters and otherwise serve their communities, donate to charities, vote and are active in public affairs, etc. one would find that both self-described 'liberals' and 'conservatives' would be well represented.

In general Americans are caring people who want a better future. It's also fine that we have different political perspectives. Nobody has a lock on all the good ideas, and it's good to be able to have a dialogue and learn from each other. What's disheartening are the entrenched positions of extremists who view opposing sides with outright hostility and are unwilling to listen or try new ideas. There seems to be way too much of that lately.

Good lord, why does every thread end up as political ranting from one side or another. :rolleyes:

:ot2:

I actually thought she was a decent actor. RIP Luanne. (F)

24q38dy.jpg