Ladylethal

R.I.P. Brittany Murphy

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

update:

Coroner: Pneumonia, drugs killed Brittany Murphy

LOS ANGELES – Brittany Murphy died from pneumonia, but anemia and prescription drugs also played a role, coroner's officials said Thursday.

The primary cause of death was community-acquired pneumonia, with contributing factors of iron deficiency anemia and "multiple drug intoxication," according to the Los Angeles County coroner's office.

The death was ruled accidental.

Coroner's spokesman Craig Harvey declined to specify what types of drugs were involved but said they were all prescription medications. Details about the drugs the "Clueless" and "8 Mile" star had in her system will be released in several weeks when a complete report is done.

Murphy died Dec. 20 at age 32 after collapsing at her Hollywood Hills home. Her mother and husband have said the actress didn't abuse prescription medications or have an eating disorder.

Attempts to reach them for further comment were not immediately successful Thursday.

Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, and mother, Sharon Murphy, told investigators the actress had been experiencing flu-like symptoms in the days before she died.

Monjack told The Associated Press last month that his wife did take several prescriptions, including an anti-seizure drug, but did not abuse the medications.

He said she had been taking over-the-counter Robitussin for her recent sickness.

A memorial for a foundation in Brittany Murphy's name that had been planned for Thursday was abruptly canceled with no explanation.

Dr. Michael Baden, the former chief medical examiner in New York City, said the coroner's determination indicated drugs probably played a key role in Murphy's death.

"If she died of pneumonia, that cause of death is a natural cause," Baden said. He said the use of some prescription medications can lead to pneumonia, and that the coroner's office may have listed that as the primary cause to lessen the blow to Murphy's family.

"It sounds more like it's a drug-related than a natural pulmonary pneumonia," said Baden, who did not work on the Murphy case but has served as an expert witness in numerous high-profile deaths.

He said the quantities and types of drugs Murphy was taking is key to understanding how she died, as well as how recently she saw a doctor.

"One doesn't die of pneumonia, usually, that quickly," Baden said. He also downplayed the role anemia may have played in Murphy's death.

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Her mother and husband have said the actress didn't abuse prescription medications or have an eating disorder.

Attempts to reach them for further comment were not immediately successful Thursday.

Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, and mother, Sharon Murphy, told investigators the actress had been experiencing flu-like symptoms in the days before she died.

Monjack told The Associated Press last month that his wife did take several prescriptions, including an anti-seizure drug, but did not abuse the medications.

Too many people in and out of Hollywood just haven't grasp the idea that legal prescription drugs can kill if taken in the wrong dosages or mixed with other medications.

The Hollywood stars dying at a young age don't seem to learn from their peers' deaths. Not sure what will it eventually take to change attitudes on prescription drug abuse.

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Brittany Murphy's husband is found dead at home

LOS ANGELES - The husband of Brittany Murphy was found dead at his Los Angeles home late Sunday, five months after the Hollywood actress died, police said.

The preliminary cause of the death of British screenwriter Simon Monjack is natural causes, police spokesman Sgt. Louie Lozano told The Associated Press.

"We concluded there no signs of foul play or any criminal activity involved," said Sgt. Alex Ortiz, another police spokesman.

Firefighters responding to an emergency call from a woman at 9:40 p.m. found the 39-year-old Monjack dead at the Hollywood Hills residence, police spokesman Sgt. Louie Lozano said. Ortiz said he didn't know who called. Monjack and Murphy had shared their home with Murphy's mother, Sharon.

Ortiz said that the Los Angeles Coroner's Office was taking over the investigation because criminal activity had been ruled out, and would provide more details later on the death and circumstances surrounding it.

At his wife's funeral in December, a visibly emotional Monjack talked about their relationship and called her his best friend and soul mate. The two married in 2007.

He had said that they had been planning a family and contemplating a move to New York.

Murphy, best known for her major roles in "Clueless," "Girl Interrupted," and "8 Mile" in 2002, died Dec. 20, at age 32 after collapsing in her home. The Los Angeles County coroner's office concluded Murphy's death was accidental, but likely preventable.

The coroner's report said that the medications found in her system were consistent with treatment of a cold or respiratory infection. Monjack and Murphy's mother had reported the actress was ill with flulike symptoms in the days before her death.

An autopsy found no evidence that Murphy abused drugs. Investigators had found numerous prescription medications in her home.

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Why do these rich people have such troubled life. I mean they have everything: money, fame, wealth, friends, family, big houses, expensive cars, lots of fashionable clothes. Still many have such a miserable life. Why? If I had all these fame and money, I'd be living an awesome life. I'd be going around the world and enjoying all the things to have moments to be depressed/sad.

God. I can't wait to win the PowerBall someday. But then again many of these lottery winner end up broke and bankrupt after few years. How can you end up poor, miserable, and bankrupt with millions of dollars? I just don't understand.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

its not what you have, but what you do with what you have...innocent.gif

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

its not what you have, but what you do with what you have...innocent.gif

That's true. So why don't these people who have what everyone wants cannot do what everyone would do if they had what everyone wanted to have? Money cannot buy happiness. But it can buy you a lot of things that can make you happy. For examle, if I had enough money I would buy a house boat. A house boat would make me very happy. Extremely happy, actually.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why do these rich people have such troubled life. I mean they have everything: money, fame, wealth, friends, family, big houses, expensive cars, lots of fashionable clothes. Still many have such a miserable life. Why? If I had all these fame and money, I'd be living an awesome life. I'd be going around the world and enjoying all the things to have moments to be depressed/sad.

God. I can't wait to win the PowerBall someday. But then again many of these lottery winner end up broke and bankrupt after few years. How can you end up poor, miserable, and bankrupt with millions of dollars? I just don't understand.

Desires are insatiable. People usually want more and more. The lottery winners are good examples as they finally get their chance and blow most of it away within a few years.

A lot of rich people get all the goodies and fame then realize it didn't make them happy. I could handle it because I've lived minimalist lifestyle for years so I don't think I'd just go on a wild spending spree. Maybe more international travel but even then I wouldn't stay in expensive hotels and I'd fly coach.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

I would like to think that if I win the lottery I would be better than most of these people who end up broke and poor after winning millions of dollars. I have one thing that they don't have or didn't have--Excel 2007. I can use it to track my money down to the last penny and make sure I investing in something that pays me at least few thousands dollars a month for the next fifty years. I can definately live off on $3000 a month coupled with working part time. If I can manage few thousand more risidual income a year, I will take a vacation every 9 months. Why 9 months you ask? Well because the number 9 is so much more interesting than any other unit number. Seven thinks it ate nine. But Nine is too big for seven to swallow. And I go off on a tangent again...

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

Timeline

I would like to think that if I win the lottery I would be better than most of these people who end up broke and poor after winning millions of dollars. I have one thing that they don't have or didn't have--Excel 2007. I can use it to track my money down to the last penny and make sure I investing in something that pays me at least few thousands dollars a month for the next fifty years. I can definately live off on $3000 a month coupled with working part time. If I can manage few thousand more risidual income a year, I will take a vacation every 9 months. Why 9 months you ask? Well because the number 9 is so much more interesting than any other unit number. Seven thinks it ate nine. But Nine is too big for seven to swallow. And I go off on a tangent again...

:unsure:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

speaking of brittany murphy her husband died today

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

speaking of brittany murphy her husband died today

didn't read post #48, did ya? :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Not sure about the husband, but it just seemed Britney over did her meds a bit. Its a mistake any of us could make whether we have money or not. (well....some money, you know to buy the meds in the first place......)

Timeline

was there a post 48? :P I was at work, no time to read posts 48s

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline