nandr

fiance letter as wife

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone my fiance sometimes when she emails me at the end she writes (YOUR WIFEE ) but we are not married yet ,will that be a problem when i submits those types of emails as my bonifide documents ,my interview is close please advice me thanks .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi everyone my fiance sometimes when she emails me at the end she writes (YOUR WIFEE ) but we are not married yet ,will that be a problem when i submits those types of emails as my bonifide documents ,my interview is close please advice me thanks .

it is better to leave the wife or husband anything out of what you give for proof of relationship ........you do not want them to make you show proof that you are not married

just my opinion

sara

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree, don't submit the 'your wife' letters. You are applying for a fiance visa and you want to show evidence of being engaged and certainly stay away from anything that might give a hint that you are married. Don't give the CO any reason to deny or delay your case

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

I don't think it would be a problem. Me and hubby always write and call each other husband and wife even before we meet in person and never had a problem at all.

I mostly agree with the above, UNLESS cultural practice dictates otherwise. In some places, unmarried people use the terms wife and husband to indicate that the relationship is very serious. If Ghana is like that, the consulate probably knows and it may actually be great proof.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I was called my boyfriends Wife from almost day one in Ghana. Its a cultural thing, that is for sure. If you have other letters without wife use those- or many people have mentioned screened prints of their inbox (which shouldn't show wife/husband?) and send a few e-mails along with the inbox that do not mention husband or wife if you are worried about it. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It very well could be a problem. When you get finished with the government, she can be as silly and immature as she wants In this process words means things and words mean different visas. Wives and husbands cannot get fiancee visas. I recommend NOT submitting emails with silly salutations. You are not dealing with a reasonable consulate.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I also suggest NOT including that. You are allowed to block out certain parts of your e-mail so if you still want to use those as proof, do so, just use a marker to block them out.

You don't want the consulate to get any ideas, even if it's cultural to say "husband" and "wife" before marriage. I understand that because it's common in Brasil as well, but not a chance I'd take if I were in your shoes.

Good luck with your decision.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Other Timeline

There was a member of this community who referred to his fiancee as his 'wife' when he attempted to enter the US on his K1visa.

He was denied entry.

It's not a good idea to tell people it won't be problem to refer to their partner by a legal definition that makes all the difference in the world as to type of visa they are requesting. Especially when we have evidence that inappropriately applying that definition cost a member dearly when they were in the home stretch.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, I too have read a thread where the beneficiary calling the petitioner "wife/husband" became a problem at the embassy. Maybe make a copy of the letter and black out the areas in which you call each other this.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

You can black out anything 'personal' it’s common and acceptable.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

You should not submit any e-mail where you refer to each other as husband and wife (double and triple check anything you plan to submit).

Sure you can block it out, but I think any person who reads it could use context clues to figure out what you blocked out. Its up to you, but if you submit those e-mails you need to make sure you and you fiance can handle the potential consequences (denial of K1, many more months of separation, cost of traveling to her country and getting married there, reapplying for spousal visa). Or you could NOT submitt them and then you don't have to worry about those things.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
You should not submit any e-mail where you refer to each other as husband and wife (double and triple check anything you plan to submit).

Sure you can block it out, but I think any person who reads it could use context clues to figure out what you blocked out. Its up to you, but if you submit those e-mails you need to make sure you and you fiance can handle the potential consequences (denial of K1, many more months of separation, cost of traveling to her country and getting married there, reapplying for spousal visa). Or you could NOT submitt them and then you don't have to worry about those things.

Good point reeses, the OP could just NOT submit them. By the way, I remember talking to you months ago about our spouses working in the U.S. I hope yours has found a good job.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

I don't think it would be a problem. Me and hubby always write and call each other husband and wife even before we meet in person and never had a problem at all.

We did that too but towards the end of the K-1 process (we got the visa 92 days from the I-129F mailing) we used more discretion.

In any case, it wasn't detected in any chats (I used to use as my chat tag-line "XXXXXXXX's husband) but stopped that once

we filed for the K-1.

We didn't always use the same aliases when chatting daily so we had plenty of other chats to show them.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

what if i edit that parts of the email will it be notice ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.