bsmerelda

Every message makes a difference

114 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
So you think that is not true?? You are delusional. Just because your SO is an illegal don't expect any sympathy here. Go hand out with other illegals who most likely will understand your position. This website is for people who are honest and trying to LEGALLY get their loved ones here.

First of all I don't give a damn what u think.

Second of all I can post any where I'd like.

Third of all I don't want your dirty sympathy.

Fourth of all COMPRENDA? :rofl:

Quick question: why are you still posting here if obviously the majority here does not support your cause? I think the time and energy you are using to post things here, could be put to good use at other weibistes where they support your position. You mentioned that you only speak to "positive " people and prefer to write positive things. Based on your last posts all you've have written are things to either ridicule or put others down. Seriously, I think your energy is better spent posting elsewere, unless of course you like the adrenaline rush of arguing with people. You know you are not going to get people here to agree with you, so why waste your time? It's just a suggestion from one medical professional to another (since you said you work in the medical field).

Also: comprende is spelled with an E at the end, not an A, unless that's it's a slang or something I'm not aware of.

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So you think that is not true?? You are delusional. Just because your SO is an illegal don't expect any sympathy here. Go hand out with other illegals who most likely will understand your position. This website is for people who are honest and trying to LEGALLY get their loved ones here.

Quick question: why are you still posting here if obviously the majority here does not support your cause? I think the time and energy you are using to post things here, could be put to good use at other weibistes where they support your position. You mentioned that you only speak to "positive " people and prefer to write positive things. Based on your last posts all you've have written are things to either ridicule or put others down. Seriously, I think your energy is better spent posting elsewere, unless of course you like the adrenaline rush of arguing with people. You know you are not going to get people here to agree with you, so why waste your time? It's just a suggestion from one medical professional to another (since you said you work in the medical field).

Also: comprende is spelled with an E at the end, not an A, unless that's it's a slang or something I'm not aware of.

Well put!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

the word ILLEGAL says it all. It is against the law. The people here illegally know what they are doing is wrong If i was to rob a store or something else illegal can i just justify it? No . We have a saying if you do the crime you will have to do the time. Right or wrong the law is still the law. This forum is for people doing thing the legal way and if you were paying attention people have been trying to give you advise to help but you have to be open to listen to it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Not sure why you guys keep feeding the troll! I brought up a similar issue months ago, stating that in NO way do I support illegal immigration, I DO understand why some of it happens. My thread was locked, then unlocked and I was accused of being a troll. This is a HOT BUTTON topic, and THIS one is OP'd by an obvious troll....

-Blu-(just sayin')

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@Nigeriaorburst... (correcting an earlier omission)- "9th largest exporter" - http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/country/index.cfm

Actually I do have sympathy for bsmerelda and for the plight of "illegal" aliens in this country. Since when did one person on this board have the right to speak for everybody?

And if you all insist on harping on about illegal immigration, perhaps it would fit you all better to take a good, long hard look at yourselves. "Illegal" immigrants wouldn't come to this country if there weren't plenty of unscrupulous American people willing to hire and exploit them with cheap wages and long hours.

Hatred of illegal immigrants, I don't think I said HATE anywhere. I follow the law, I guess that makes me charmed too.

Well, I'm very sorry to hear about your sister, but I fail to see what her illness has to do with the debate we're having here. All of us, rich or poor, black or white, will experience death in the family at some point, but that doesn't mean we have struggled just to put food on the table for our families, as have many illegal immigrants.

And, yes, there is a lot of implicit hatred and racism on this board. There has already been at least one particularly nasty post about so-called "greedy" Mexicans. If that ain't hatred or racism, then, well, I don't know what is.

@tri_gear.... sorry to hear about your sister

@dirtyweebesom... I totally agree with you

P/s: I'm a Glaswegian ;)

Filling out AOS forms

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
And if you all insist on harping on about illegal immigration, perhaps it would fit you all better to take a good, long hard look at yourselves. "Illegal" immigrants wouldn't come to this country if there weren't plenty of unscrupulous American people willing to hire and exploit them with cheap wages and long hours.

I would be curious to see the numbers of people who work illegally vs. the number of people who work with fake documents. As the OP stated many times "Taxes are taken out of their checks"! If they are getting taxes taken out of their checks, then they are likely using false identification, correct? Therefore, there are probably as many businesses getting duped as there are jerks who hire for exploitation purposes.

I also find it quite amusing that the comments keep getting made that only Americans are oppossed to illegal immigration. I have quite a few British friends who have made A LOT of the same comments stated here in regards to illegal immigrants in their country. This is not just an American issue. Illegal immigration happens world wide.

I personally understand people who try to make a better life for themselves. I generally don't get wound up about it until 1 or 2 things happen. I can assure you that some of the assinine bills and laws that our political groups have passed in regards to illegal immigrants are some of the things that will get me stirred up. Free college education for illegals? Natural born American citizens don't even get that....COME ON people! ;)

At the end of the day in a perfect world everyone would try to immigrate legally. Since it's not going to happen, we as a people should call our Senators and voice our opinions on the laws we do and do not want to pass instead of wasting time on a forum arguing with someone (OP) who has done nothing but degrade the intelligence level here, incite argument, and continue to visit in order to harass.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would be curious to see the numbers of people who work illegally vs. the number of people who work with fake documents. As the OP stated many times "Taxes are taken out of their checks"! If they are getting taxes taken out of their checks, then they are likely using false identification, correct? Therefore, there are probably as many businesses getting duped as there are jerks who hire for exploitation purposes.

I also find it quite amusing that the comments keep getting made that only Americans are oppossed to illegal immigration. I have quite a few British friends who have made A LOT of the same comments stated here in regards to illegal immigrants in their country. This is not just an American issue. Illegal immigration happens world wide.

I personally understand people who try to make a better life for themselves. I generally don't get wound up about it until 1 or 2 things happen. I can assure you that some of the assinine bills and laws that our political groups have passed in regards to illegal immigrants are some of the things that will get me stirred up. Free college education for illegals? Natural born American citizens don't even get that....COME ON people! ;)

At the end of the day in a perfect world everyone would try to immigrate legally. Since it's not going to happen, we as a people should call our Senators and voice our opinions on the laws we do and do not want to pass instead of wasting time on a forum arguing with someone (OP) who has done nothing but degrade the intelligence level here, incite argument, and continue to visit in order to harass.

what a great way to sum it up!!

I'm really torn here myself.

On principle, I really think you *should* immigrate here legally. Even though I have a very short timeline (for which I am grateful for), it still does grate on me that I have to wait months and pay a lot of money just to be with my fiance.

On the other hand...

I work with sick babies in a hospital. One of my "primary" families (a baby that I sign up to have every day just because I like him so much) is Hispanic and I don't know about their immigration status, but the mom speaks no English and the dad speaks passable English. He told me about their first baby that died in the hospital and looking at their current son who was born 15 weeks early and needed some highly specialized surgery to survive. He's thriving now and has gone home. If he had been born in central America, almost assuredly he would have died.

As I held him last week for some cuddling time, I thought about that, this little baby who would have had no chance in his ethnic hometown area. Can I really deny a mother for wanting to protect her child?

Now, I know you can't predict that kind of thing (extreme prematurity requiring surgery and serious invasive interventions), but still. I know we can't take in every child, every baby. But holding him made me wonder otherwise. Could I tell baby David, "Sorry...you were born in the wrong country. Have a nice 2 days of life..."

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: Timeline
Yes, I'm not here illegally...and I'm also white, highly educated and fairly privileged which is precisely why I'm able to apply for AOS in the first place.

WOAH! that's a racially loaded comment! I understand your previous comments that you've made and I most definitely see your point.... but why do you need to play a race card? why do you need to make a "white" comment???

there are hundreds of people with different ethnic backgrounds that are going through the immigration process not just rich white people

I'm white and I'm offended by this comment, I can't imagine what someone with a different ethnic background would feel!

Thanks for your post mitch. I agree wholeheartedly :thumbs: . Comments like that are very uncool. Hell, I am NOT white, but highly educated and extremely privileged --- so what gives? :hehe:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OP - this thread disgusts me.

My family is Cuban. They left Cuba in 1969 to immigrate to the US the LEGAL!!!!! way. Cuba in 1969 WAS MUCH WORSE THAN MEXICO.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

I am just so lost as to why you all do not want illegals to come over here because from what I was told this website is for illegals trying to get their papers!!! I mean come on....#######?

You were misinformed. Now please go away.

Here here...

We're all paying thousands of dollars and waiting an excruciating amount of time to bring the ones we love into this country...

And we're supposed to support those who thwart the system? The reason we're paying thousands of dollars and having to wait so long is because of those who have thwarted or otherwise defrauded the system...

Lord no, you don't have my support...

Marriage : 2009-06-30

CSC: 155 days

I-130: 2009-10-01

NOA1: 2009-10-15

NOA2: 2010-03-05

I-129F: 2009-10-16

NOA1: 2009-10-23

NOA2: 2010-03-05

NVC: 60 days

Case #: 2010-03-11

AOS Paid: 2010-03-15

IV Bill Paid: 2010-03-24

Package Sent: 2010-03-29

AVR says received: 2010-04-02

RFE: 2010-04-13

Sign in Fail: 2010-05-10

CONSULATE: 17 days

Medical: 2010-06-04

Interview: 2010-06-15 - APPROVED!

Visa rcv'd: 2010-06-21

POE: 2010-06-29 LAX (286 Days from when we started this whole mess!)

CSC- ROC

Mailed 2012-06-05

NOA1 2012-06-07

Biometrics 2012-07-16

RFE 2013-02-06

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I would type more but my husband is bugging me to let him play Texas Hold Em and is subsequently stealing the computer from me.

This is the wrong forum for you... sorry to say, we are all trying to get or have gotten our family members/fiancees to the US the legal way, you know the way that doesn't require sneaking past border checks or overstaying a previously held visa. THAT kind of immigration. I know, it's a new concept. :blink:

I don't hate illegal immigrants, hey being to some of these countries I can see why they wanted to get out of there. But...

...please don't come over here and ask us for help with your endeavor cause it aint gonna happen girl.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

OP's other topic may shed some light here. The illegal is a fiance and they have a child on the way.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229080

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline
OP's other topic may shed some light here. The illegal is a fiance and they have a child on the way.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229080

I replied there brother, but thanks for the background ;)

Copy and paste my response, to be consistent:

Since your significant other entered without inspection, he cannot adjust status from within US borders. He has to go back home, file for a visa --- said visa will be denied and a ban faced. Then, you file a waiver. If waiver is approved, it's all good; if not, he waits the ban back home and reapplies when the ban lifts. If waiver is denied, you can always move with him to his home country for a while.

I've said this before: this is not a matter of justice, of fairness, and never ending love. It is a harsh and expensive process, with rules, procedures, regulations and nasty nuances. It is invasive of one's privacy and grueling for most people who face it separated. We don't have to like it or agree with it; but you can be sure we'd better follow it to the "T". To do otherwise affects you in a bad way.

Edited by *Len*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.