Anastassia

My anniversary of arrival....

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I can't believe I have been here for a year. It was a long year. A lot to go through, a lot to get used to. I still don't feel this is my home, but I feel much better than a year ago.

At least a few things got taken care of. I really hope next year I will feel even better.

Anybody wants to share their thoughts ?

Regards,

Ana

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

I live in NYC and last July 3rd was my anniversary of arrival, as you said before I don't feel this city as my home (my home sweet home is in Peru) I still talking about Peru all the time missing everything and looking forward to go back for Christmas, I'm having some problems with my husband right now 'cause he doesn't want to go, he wants us to stay and celebrate with his family :( . If you can call to that a celebration.

Yesterday my father in law asked me why I don't call him DAD and his wife mom ('cause my husband calls my mom mommy ), NO WAY!!!! they are not my parents.

There are some times when I just want to pack and leave but I know that I'll never find a man like my husband I love him and adore him but I still feeling that this is not my place.

Vi ;)

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Happy 1 year of being in the US!

I know it might never be able to replace your home country as home, but I hope you continue to feel more and more at home here. :)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

I can't believe I have been here for a year. It was a long year. A lot to go through, a lot to get used to. I still don't feel this is my home, but I feel much better than a year ago.

At least a few things got taken care of. I really hope next year I will feel even better.

Anybody wants to share their thoughts ?

Regards,

Ana

I know how u feel,its hard to adjust! :(

If you had to pick ONE THING that's been the hardest, what would it be?

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wish you all the best & Happy one year anniversary of being here :hehe:

11-1999---Meet in Taiwan

08-2002---Wedding in Philippines

10-2003---Enter U.S.A.

07-2006---10 yrs Green Card

11-2010---Proud to be U.S. Citizen :joy:

12 Yrs Married and counting (L) (L) (L)

IR5 (Mother)

01-16-2014---I130 Sent

01-21-2014---NOA1 Recv

02-22-2014---RFE Recv

02-27-2014---RFE Docs Sent

03-14-2014---I130 Approved

03-20-2013---Case Shipped to NVC

03-21-2014---NOA2 Approval Recv

04-01-2014---NVC Recv Approved Papers

04-30-2014---Sent email request to NVC for expedited process

04-30-2014---Case # and Invoice ID # assigned

05-02-2014---Recv NVC email asking for foreign contact # to complete expedited request

05-05-2014---DS 261 available and completed

05-07-2014---AOS show up payable and paid

05-09-2014---AOS Paid (shows processed 5/08/2014)

05-09-2014---Case Sent To US Embassy, Manila

05-11-2014---DS-260 Completed Online

05-12-2014---Case is READY!

06-25-2014---Medical Exam done in one day but ask to come back for Sputum test

07-07-2014---Interview Schedule @ 6:30AM Cancelled due to sputum test

07-08-2014---to 7-10-2014 (3 days Sputum Test) Negative result

09-09-2014---Sputum Final Result: (PASSED!!! 9-08-14 )

09-16-2014---Interview (221(g) for NBI a.k.a. name, I864 Orig. Signature & NSO verification)

09-25-2014---Documents sent via 2go

09-29-2014---221g documents delivered. & signed by L. Bernardino

09-30-2014---and 10-01-2014,Touched but still on AP

10-07-2014---Email sent to USEM

10-15-2014---Called USEM

10-16-2014---Sent Fax to USEM of approved expedited letter from U.S. Embassy General

10-21-2014---Touched but still on AP

10-22-2014---Visa Issued :joy:

"It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy."

Filed: Timeline

I m sorry to hear that others are feeling the way I do, I thought it was only me. I know it's probably a great place for most people, I must just be one of the ones that doesnt suit the US.

I find the lack of friends and family much more daunting this time around (I migrated to Australia, and went through all the culture changes etc etc, before) How do people make new friends here? I dont find people as friendly here and recently moved apartments, without any help from anyone, compared to friends giving a helping hand with the packing and unpacking and deciding on the best place or home for everything, when I left my old home, to come here.

I worry constantly about what will happen with my health because of the lack of insurance. I will look for work once i have a car and a licence, maybe that will help. I just hope an employer will forgive me for taking off on a trip. I thought I was a positive person and wouldnt be phased by all this, but I'm tired and cranky, and cant wait to go home.

I am really hoping in another 12 months I wont still be feeling this way. my green card arrived on Friday at the end of a horrendous 2 weeks so it may all be the anticlimax, hopefully I will bounce back and find the happy me, that I am used to.

July 5, 2005 Married Las Vegas

AOS Process

Aug 5, 2005 AOS Sent as K2 Teenage Son arrived on August 6

NOA 1 arrived dated Aug 12, 2005 number on it differs by 1 digit from that on reverse of check so USCIS site now reflects the process

K2 needs EAD before SSN number will be assigned

Touched August 24 2005

Biometrics Appt letter arrives April 24 2006

Transfer to CSCE notified by email May 26 2006

Touched May 27 2006 then 6/7/8/9th June

Biometrics 2nd Appt for June 23

Welcome letter Mailed June 13 notified by email, arrives June 17 2006

Biometrics for Photo June 23

Touched June 23

June 24 Email from CRIS - Your card will be mailed as soon as it is ready

June 27 touched

June 28 Email your application was approved June 28

June 29 2006 Touched

GREENCARD

July 21 2006, Neighbour brought letter. Green Card 06/08/2006 no errors on it, was delivered to wrong mailbox, so I cancelled infopass for July 24 in Miami

USCIS and I have a date Mar 10 2008 to mail I-751

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Anything in this life is easy...a new life take time and adaptation to a new environment. My country will be Peru for the rest of my life, but UsA is a new country to love too, cause it's giving us new opportunity to grow in every aspect of our life. I think that it will take time and that we have to do the best to get used to a new family. Everything is possible...

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

some people think they do favours bringing women to the US,they do not understand how much closer people can be in other countries,how much culture and traditions we have and how we care of our family.

I am lucky to have a Man that completely understands me.I wish you all patience and happy life with your Men:)

The time sure goes by a lot faster once you are together. Claudeth has been here over two years now and it has been a ton of fun :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I am One Year Older for living here in Texas, USA!!!!!

Indeed, life here in Texas isn't perfect but I am very happy that everything turns out well.It's not very easy to adjust with the environment, the food, the culture, being married and almost everything. But i am very happy that i was able to get through with our situation here.

But I consider El Paso, Texas as my second home. My first home will always be "Tagbilaran City, Bohol,Philippines".

TexaswithLove

I-751 Removal of Condition Time line:

06/01/2009--Sent Documents (VSC)

06/04/2009--Delivered @ 3:30pm per USPS website

06/10/2009--Check Cashed

06/13/2009--Received NOA/Extension Letter ( dated 06/05/2009)

06/22/2009--Biometrics Appointment letter received(dated 06/16/2009)

07/07/2009--Original Date for my Biometrics Schedule

07/02/2009--Received Cancellation Notice for my original biometrics appointment

07/16/2009--New Biometrics Schedule Received (dated 06/26/2009)

10/24/2009--Received Letter of Approval, Date of Decision 10/20/2009

11/06/2009--Finally received my 10 year Green Card in the mail

N-400 Application for Naturalization Timeline:

10/22/2011-- Sent Documents ( USCIS Dallas Lockbox Facility)

10/24/2011-- Documents delivered @ 12:05pm per USPS website

10/28/2011-- Check Cashed

10/31/2011-- Received NOA. Priority date 10/24/11

11/03/2011-- Received Biometric Appointment Letter. Scheduled to appear for 11/17/2011

11/17/2011-- Biometrics Completed!

11/28/2011-- Got Text/Email,Placed in line for interview scheduling

11/29/2011-- Got text/email interview scheduled

01/19/2012-- Interview Date, PASSED

02/13/2012-- Got text/email, placed in oath scheduling que

03/28/2012-- Oath Ceremony @ 8:30 AM (I'm so proud to be American)

Filed: Country: Finland
Timeline
some people think they do favours bringing women to the US,they do not understand how much closer people can be in other countries,how much culture and traditions we have and how we care of our family.

I am lucky to have a Man that completely understands me.I wish you all patience and happy life with your Men:)

This is so true --- many Americans don't seem to understand that the US means a LOWER standard of living for me, not only when it comes to family but material stuff as well. In Finland I have a better house/apartment, make more money even with no-profession jobs (or do grocery store workers with no previous experience or special skills, you know the "new people" make 15 to 30 bucks an hour, depending on the time of day? if they do, I am mistaken), I have FREE COLLEGE and practically free health care and dental... A lot of things are better in Finland. And some are better in the US, and I'm sure I will learn a lot once I actually live there. But I can't stand the attitude that says "oh girl, you are so lucky to be here, we'll save you from all those commies and cold winters back home".

Edited by Aroha

6408 kilometres.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I've been here almost two years now, time passed quickly.

We've had (and still have) our ups and downs. I have an interesting job and that helps me a lot. Colleagues are great and social contacts are slowly, very slowly coming...

It takes time. I still sometimes feel like I really don't know my husband very well yet. :whistle: We've been together almost 2 years before filing the K1, and he spent a lot of time with me in Germany - so we knew each other a lot better some people here, still he sometimes surprises me.

Well, that too, will take time, for both of us.

I have never gotten the "lucky you" attitude from anybody here, I'd like to add. The people I talked to seem to have a fairly good grasp of standards of living in Germany, I was positively surprised!

Good luck to everybody - have patience!

@Jen: the hardest for me was giving up my independence when I first came here, sitting at home without a job and not making my own money. I'm so glad that time is over now.

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Filed: Other Timeline

This past week was my 3rd anniversary of being in the US, and honestly it passed me by with hardly any notice. Life has gone on, despite the topsy turviness of the first couple of years. While I wouldn't call this place "home", its where I live and where my husband is, so I'm here for the duration. There are some things that bug the ####### out of me about this town, this county, this state, this country, but I've learned to live with it. And there are a lot of things back home that used to bug the ####### out of me, just as a native, I knew how to deal with them better. I suppose that maybe after I've lived here in the US for 37 years I'll know how to better deal with the ####### that bugs the ####### out of me ;)

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.