Beth/ Paris Heart

Walked out empty handed

134 posts in this topic

I'm sorry for what you are going through Beth. It is so hard to be so far away and have to deal with all these immigration ####### and on top of it be at the receiving end of angry and hurtful words.

I don't personally know what happened but in everything please be cautious with making impulsive decisions esp when you are upset. I'm not saying stay on and bear all them emotional outburst from your husband... but you gotta give it some time for things to cool down before you decide anything permanent. WIthdrawing the file is a big big step... what if things calm down few weeks from now and you realize that you still want to work on your relationship? Then you have to start all over again? I suggest you think this through. NOBODY can tell you what is good for you but impulsive decisions have a way of biting us all back in the ####.

Take care of yourself. Give yourself some time and give your husband some time and space to work his disappointments out. With time and much self reflection, you will find the answer... remember marriage is a lot of work and only you know how much work you wanna put in it but I hope you won't ever make decision to leave or stay when you are upset and emotionally hurt and drained. Take responsibility for your part in what happened (example: promising him no AP when you know it is not in your hands) and learn from this. Remember also why you married him. REmember that you promised to love him just as he is. Remember all the good times to get you through the bad times. If after all these you still feel like it is not worth fighting for anymore, then quit and withdraw the petition.

You are a strong person. Whatever you decide on I know that you will survive.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Be careful with St. John's Wort, it is effective for mild depression, but it has a LOT of drug interactions, some which can potentially be fatal: http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/art.asp?...6348&page=3

good point, hopefully someone who would consider this would not take anything else along with it though :) thanks for the link.

Im not depressed, only to find I was made a fool of. Again, finally talked to him and was screamed at un-mericfully. Enough is enough.

I'm withdrawing the petition at the embassy Monday, then will start re-building my life. I gave all I had, and it was never enough.

You do not walk away from one you love, you dont scream at them like they are a demon, you dont shut one out.

I thank all of you's for you help and mostly friendship. This is a journey I will never forget, and one I will never do again.

I love you all!!!

(F) i'm sorry to read this bad news.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I havent read all this but my thoughts are you are old enough to realize this has been a pattern for you. So it was not all for nothing, you did learn. People do say and do things in the heat of stress but they usually continue to discuss and figure out the problem. No one here can tell you for certain it is best to stay or go but my opinion is be glad you saw this now, the qualities you saw when visiting together are what he wanted you to see, coming here doesnt change them and the adjusting is very hard. You deserve more, just look into yourself to find this happiness first then find someone who appreciates you to share it with. It starts with you. Good Luck in the future

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

((((((((((((((((((((Beth)))))))))))))))))))))))

i'm so sorry for what you are going through, but also highly respect you for the fact that you are choosing to walk away from what seems like a spiraling situation. i hope you don't beat yourself up over this: we all have our journeys in life and this was something you walked in....and at least you got some things out of. please don't leave the forum for now....you are a great person and deserve the best. (F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Paris Heart, so sorry to hear what you're going through, nobody deserves to be a mental punching bag. His behavior is not acceptable and should not be tolerated. IMO, i would put a *period* at the end of it and move on and never look back! I only wish you nothing but happiness in your future. (F)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Beth (F)(F) You are a strong and brave woman to be going through this. Keep your head up and remember us here. Thank you for all the wonderful help you have provided quite a few of us here. Remember that we care and are here for you always. (F)(L)

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Best of luck with all of this, Beth. It sounds like you're realizing you deserve to be treated much better than it seems like you're being treated. That's a wonderful thing!!! As crappy as things feel right now, it sounds like it will serve you great in the future. An expensive, tiring, exhausting process for you - but a huge learning experience, it sounds like. Wishing you all great things!

Filed: Timeline

Beth madam,

I second this opinion, don't do anything rash that you will regret later. Cool off for some time, don't talk to him and don't rush through decision. Marriage is not like the movies, people endure and react. Please take some time before you undo everything that you have labored for. You are married less than 2 years you can always withdraw your support within two years that is why the law is putting that clause their. Think twice my sister before you finally decide. Will you call the senators to stop working for you as well? Take a lot of time my dear, it has only been days, do a lot of thinking before jumping out. Even if the embassy approved the visa you can always cancel it and he will not be allowed to enter at POE. There are better options than canceling right now knowing that it will be virtually impossible to re-file for him considering what you had dealt with this time. Just my thoughts!

I'm sorry for what you are going through Beth. It is so hard to be so far away and have to deal with all these immigration ####### and on top of it be at the receiving end of angry and hurtful words.

I don't personally know what happened but in everything please be cautious with making impulsive decisions esp when you are upset. I'm not saying stay on and bear all them emotional outburst from your husband... but you gotta give it some time for things to cool down before you decide anything permanent. WIthdrawing the file is a big big step... what if things calm down few weeks from now and you realize that you still want to work on your relationship? Then you have to start all over again? I suggest you think this through. NOBODY can tell you what is good for you but impulsive decisions have a way of biting us all back in the ####.

Take care of yourself. Give yourself some time and give your husband some time and space to work his disappointments out. With time and much self reflection, you will find the answer... remember marriage is a lot of work and only you know how much work you wanna put in it but I hope you won't ever make decision to leave or stay when you are upset and emotionally hurt and drained. Take responsibility for your part in what happened (example: promising him no AP when you know it is not in your hands) and learn from this. Remember also why you married him. REmember that you promised to love him just as he is. Remember all the good times to get you through the bad times. If after all these you still feel like it is not worth fighting for anymore, then quit and withdraw the petition.

I-130 FILED: 8/26/09

TOUCHED AND APPROVED 12/23/09. THE LORD IS FAITHFUL ALWAYS

NVC: CASE COMPLETE: Feb 3rd, 2010

INTERVIEW: Mar 12th, 7:00 a.m : APPROVED

POE / ARRIVAL: Washington D.C. April 8th.

Al hamdu li'lah, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Al hamdu li'lah robbi al amin

Beth madam,

I second this opinion, don't do anything rash that you will regret later. Cool off for some time, don't talk to him and don't rush through decision. Marriage is not like the movies, people endure and react. Please take some time before you undo everything that you have labored for. You are married less than 2 years you can always withdraw your support within two years that is why the law is putting that clause their. Think twice my sister before you finally decide. Will you call the senators to stop working for you as well? Take a lot of time my dear, it has only been days, do a lot of thinking before jumping out. Even if the embassy approved the visa you can always cancel it and he will not be allowed to enter at POE. There are better options than canceling right now knowing that it will be virtually impossible to re-file for him considering what you had dealt with this time. Just my thoughts!

I have decied to leave petition also , and let it process in Paris, I will be contacted if approved, then will proceed from there. Him and I both said many things, ugly things, on my part, said out of frustration, and mental exhaustion.

I will give him time to cool off, and think things out. I too need time to concentrate on my job, Some may call me a fool, but we will see. After the email I sent to Sentator, and Paris, and USCIS Washington, maybe something will be accomplished in the AP/AR mess. I just cant walk away, I will always wonder, "What if"? Time will tell, it always does.

So if all dont mind, Im sticking around, LOL Love you all, and thank you for your support in the past, and time to come.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Beth madam,

I have decied to leave petition also , and let it process in Paris, I will be contacted if approved, then will proceed from there. Him and I both said many things, ugly things, on my part, said out of frustration, and mental exhaustion.

I will give him time to cool off, and think things out. I too need time to concentrate on my job, Some may call me a fool, but we will see. After the email I sent to Sentator, and Paris, and USCIS Washington, maybe something will be accomplished in the AP/AR mess. I just cant walk away, I will always wonder, "What if"? Time will tell, it always does.

So if all dont mind, Im sticking around, LOL Love you all, and thank you for your support in the past, and time to come.

I haven't said anything about your situation in a while Beth, but I think you are making the right decision inshallah.

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Beth madam,

I haven't said anything about your situation in a while Beth, but I think you are making the right decision inshallah.

I know Honey, thank you, we shall see what happens. This time Eyes WIDE open!!! :) and the heart, Under construction.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Paris....

I hope you're working things out with HIM too... not just allowing the petition to resolve itself and then go to him with what you've got. Are you working it out with him? talking to him? And when you talk to him do you sense that you're both at a place of understanding and trust?

I think that this is a key thing... it should NEVER just be about the petition and whether or not it is approved.

I hope you're keeping yourself well... I find now is the time to lean on your friends a bit and talk to them about what's going on. Guide yourself always but let your friends be there for you.

All the best,

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Beth madam,

I know Honey, thank you, we shall see what happens. This time Eyes WIDE open!!! :) and the heart, Under construction.

i have told u many times and i am still telling u......your in my prayers......what ever u decide is whats best for you and i support u not that u need my support :whistle: but i just wanted u to know im here for u if u ever need it.

saras

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.