Beth/ Paris Heart

Walked out empty handed

134 posts in this topic

Oh! The spelling & grammatical errors in this thread just keeps me in stitches! :whistle::rofl::lol:

Next time when Im emontional, I will make sure to use spell check for your enjoyment and grading.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! The spelling & grammatical errors in this thread just keeps me in stitches! :whistle::rofl::lol:

Next time when Im emontional, I will make sure to use spell check for your enjoyment and grading.

Its a sad, emontional thread, let's be civil and respect another persons feelings please.

Truly happy!!!

Its a sad, emontional thread, let's be civil and respect another persons feelings please.

One last thing, to make clear, my husbands visa was NOT denied, the petition was put into AR due to me, and not him.

With my back ground of a marriage from 25 years ago, they was something there in question with the officer that interviewed us . 11/25/2009 Per the Dept. of State, they have finished the review..... petition sent back to Paris embassy, Visa was not denied, no bans for him, etc. issueing visa is up to me, and that is all Im saying from here on this subject. Now its time for me to think long and hard of next step of MY life. Everybody have a wonderful hoilday weekend!!

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
The unknowing right now is the hardest part for both parties. You're both trying to figure it out. I am sorry to hear he turned on you like that today. It sounds like he is feeling a loss and is in denial right now. I don't know if you've read about this in threads before but people from that region have this blame it on others and not take responsibility for themselves mindset from time to time. I've seen it over and over. It's never fun when they do it on you and especially when you don't deserve it. The truth is neither of you are to blame for the Embassy's actions and he can't really put it on you because they never said the reason why for the delay. The Embassy's prerogative is theirs and you both may direct all your flying arrows at it. My Husband tried it a couple of times with me but each time I never let him put it on me unless it was really me and we discussed this mena mindset and where it's going to get him. He soon realizes the truth afterwards and doesn't cling to that idea it's somebody else's fault like the person closest to him. He's never used profanity towards me either even when he's really upset. His way of dealing with it is to disappear and clam up for two weeks instead. I don't prefer either situation, the profanity you experienced from your Husband, or the clamming up I usually get from my Husband.

He has clammed up with me several times, not taking my phone calls, and he is so good of not letting me talk, I talk, and he talks louder and louder. But he truly thinks this hold up is my fault, that I did not tell him something, or Im hiding something.

then he threw at me, "You said we wouldnt not be in AP since our K3 was" so trying to explain to him that was the K3 and not the CR1 was useless, he got more irrate with me.

Im tired Olivia, so darn tired.

I begged him to try hard to extend his residency card, and he did not, MY FAULT.

He has not worked steadly in over 2 years, and I've helped him financially, Ive done all I could to make sure he was safe, feed, clothed , and a few dollars in his pocket, no matter how hard I would try and try, I felt like it was never enough.

But yet I love him still with all my heart, Im tired of the games with the heart, I just want a bit of peace in my heart and mind. Im 44 years old, Im too old for this Sh!t!!! I just want a normal life, and to have someone love and take care of me as I take care of them.

Not to be harsh, but he sounds like some Thai women I know. Don't give up another dime. No good deed goes unpunished.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

One last thing, to make clear, my husbands visa was NOT denied, the petition was put into AR due to me, and not him.

With my back ground of a marriage from 25 years ago, they was something there in question with the officer that interviewed us . 11/25/2009 Per the Dept. of State, they have finished the review..... petition sent back to Paris embassy, Visa was not denied, no bans for him, etc. issueing visa is up to me, and that is all Im saying from here on this subject. Now its time for me to think long and hard of next step of MY life. Everybody have a wonderful hoilday weekend!!

FWIW, I was not calling you out specifically, but there are so many, not just here but all over the board. So, yeah, I'm a sick pup who gets giggly @ other folks typos, grammar mishaps, & blatant spelling errors. What can I say? I'm a horrible person because of it and will probably suffer miserably for it all. If that's the worst thing I do in life & online, I'm in like flint!

**it also bugs the crud out of me when I'm reading books & magazines w/ these mistakes. Like, why the heck don't they have ME proofread? I could make a mint as a proofreader!**

Sorry for your situation, I hope it works out however will best serve you in your future. I am thankful to be SO VERY BLESSED. Good luck.

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

FWIW, I was not calling you out specifically, but there are so many, not just here but all over the board. So, yeah, I'm a sick pup who gets giggly @ other folks typos, grammar mishaps, & blatant spelling errors. What can I say? I'm a horrible person because of it and will probably suffer miserably for it all. If that's the worst thing I do in life & online, I'm in like flint!

**it also bugs the crud out of me when I'm reading books & magazines w/ these mistakes. Like, why the heck don't they have ME proofread? I could make a mint as a proofreader!**

Sorry for your situation, I hope it works out however will best serve you in your future. I am thankful to be SO VERY BLESSED. Good luck.

Just excuse me, Im still sensitive and moody. What has happened does effect a person self esteem, UGH!!.

Best wishes to you, and please, no hard feelings on this end!!

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

offensive post and posts quoting that post removed. avoid personal attacks on the op if you are going to post in this thread.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

agreed :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline

First, it's Flynn not Flint. In like Flynn.

Second, when someone's life is falling apart it's prolly not the best thing to rub it in their face how blessed you are. If you are blessed that's cool. Most ppl don't have to constantly remind themselves and others that their marriage or life is perfection. Most ppl are secure enough to not need validation from others. Besides, no one likes a braggart.

Parisheart, I hope you find peace and the answers you are looking for to put your life back on track.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I agree that poster's comments were un-called for, we actually have other things to do then to nit-pick, aaaaaaanyhow, paris, I wish you the very best and I know only you know best what works for you, as you say to take time for yourself, focus on your life right here right now, that's all one can really do. Keep us posted however ok?

Allison.

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am so sorry for your story Beth.

Just some information on AP. AP is extremely common in your SO's country of origin. If you file in another country other than his, it becomes almost guaranteed. AP is just another part of the process in Algeria. When you find out you are in AP it is like a slap in the face. He is looking at an average of 4-8 months. sometime less and sometimes more. Have you viewed the AP tracker thread?

The USC has nothing to do with the AP at the embassy level. It has to do with the benefiter, but nothing specific just common practices at this point.

Sorry if this has been said already, but trying to avoid parts that do not pertain to your situation.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Timeline
I am so sorry for your story Beth.

Just some information on AP. AP is extremely common in your SO's country of origin. If you file in another country other than his, it becomes almost guaranteed. AP is just another part of the process in Algeria. When you find out you are in AP it is like a slap in the face. He is looking at an average of 4-8 months. sometime less and sometimes more. Have you viewed the AP tracker thread?

The USC has nothing to do with the AP at the embassy level. It has to do with the benefiter, but nothing specific just common practices at this point.

Sorry if this has been said already, but trying to avoid parts that do not pertain to your situation.

AP is actually not that common out of Algeria. If someone marries someone from Algeria and they marry in Tunisia, sometimes there is an ap or denial but in Algeria actually, there are really not that many going through the consulate and you really have to jump through hoops to even get to Algeria. I think you are referring to Morocco.

As far as this guy, perhaps the officer knew or smelled something not quite right because some underlying gut feeling. They put most of these guys in some kind of 10 day to 14 day ap in Algiers. I am not so sure of France but there was something else going on with this case and I think the consul could see something even the petitioner couldnt ( like where he was presently living and with whom) They actually go sometimes to the neighborhood where the foreign spouse lives and do a little investigating. If he had a girlfriend over there or was up to something else, neighbors are going to be real quick to talk to an investigator. My guess is something was up. I do not think it had anything to do with him being Algerian. They do a heck of alot more than we know before and after the interview

Timeline

as this thread pretty much ended a few weeks ago, and most of the regulars in this regional forum know the outcome, i don't see a point to it staying open - thread closed until op pm's me or another mod and requests it reopened.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.