Beth/ Paris Heart

Walked out empty handed

134 posts in this topic

I would certainly work on obtaining evidence that proves that the consulate has his passport just in case in comes to bite him later with the French officials.

The fact that this has nothing to do with your past is actually a very good thing. I suspected that they could not do anything about that since it was approved by the USCIS. But I am sure they checked into it. And now it appears to be normal AP. I can see your concern. If it wasn't for the issue with his French visa I am sure you would have taken a huge sigh of relief when they said it wasn't your past. You have a unique situation, but it really is looking brighter every day. I can't imagine that an overstay in France would be of a concern to the US consulate, but it would be for the French. That is why I suggest you gather evidence that proves you can't get your passport.

Well MENA, looks like its all truly over. Last words between us, not very nice at all. Im tired, been on tis journey hard pressed from day one, and its finally hit me, exhaustion, depression, bitterness, and anger. And still wondering , where did I go wrong? I may never know. Will keep in touch, and pop in from time to time, now time for heart to begin healing.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Beth

You have been working ,so hard on this..

Sorry it is not going well

if you need help you have my mail.

Relax, get away from this for some time.

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'd say staying away from VJ for awhile may do a world of good right now. Not being negative or mean in any way. Just saying that all the stories (good and bad) and drama and comparing your life to everyone else is not helpful to you in your current state of mind. I doubt your marriage is over, you're experiencing stress right now. Lots of stress. Stress like that can cause ppl to say and do things they normally wouldn't do. Keep in mind that you are not the first nor the last case that AP/AR has been granted without a paper or explanation given. My husband and I were in it for 4 months without any inkling of when and if it was going to end. Don't think that just because you weren't granted a visa johnny on the spot that it's all over. Unless, someone at the consulate told you otherwise. Did anyone say you have been denied? Don't freak out and destroy your marriage over this. Maybe take a break and spend some time with some gfs and really think about what is important. Is it more important for him to get his visa ASAP or is it more important for you to be together eventually?

Beth, now more than ever you need VJ and your MENA frendzzzz (and me, the FAB Messikan). Isolation is not a good companion in hard times.

Len, when he told me to F*** off you *** B**ch, I would say its over.

Truly happy!!!

Timeline

In what context was he telling you to f-off? What was said beforehand? I'm not being nosey but I'm curious as to what happened. Ppl don't just say f-off you b!tch unless something happened. I'm sorry but I fail to believe a man would destroy his marriage over something like immigration. Not saying what he said was cool but I've said some real uncool stuff to my husband over the years and we're still hanging in there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Beth

Maybe better now than later.

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

In what context was he telling you to f-off? What was said beforehand? I'm not being nosey but I'm curious as to what happened. Ppl don't just say f-off you b!tch unless something happened. I'm sorry but I fail to believe a man would destroy his marriage over something like immigration. Not saying what he said was cool but I've said some real uncool stuff to my husband over the years and we're still hanging in there.

He blames me for all of this, he blames everything on others, and just wont listen to reason anymore.

Thinks Im hiding something, and thinks that why we are in limbo, AP or AR.

Yelled at me un-mercifully this am on phone, yelling at me cause HE wont go get his passport when embassy said he can come and get it any time. Ive just had enough, Im tired, for a very long time now, this is all Ive done, and worked 10 hours a day Mon thru Fri. take care of a large house, yard, my dogs, Ive lived and breathed him and this process, and now Im just tired. Im tired of being a good girl and dutiful wife, and getting ripped apart over the little things.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Timeline
Beth, now more than ever you need VJ and your MENA frendzzzz (and me, the FAB Messikan). Isolation is not a good companion in hard times.

Len, when he told me to F*** off you *** B**ch, I would say its over.

Goodness! I will not excuse him saying that. I will however, say this: you both are under a ####### load of pressure. And when people are stressed; they go fvcking crazy and say stupid #######.

I hope it can all be solved for the best sister Beth :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

beth, words cannot express how sad i am to read this. you have worked soooooooo hard, and relentlessly on your case, and have been a great advisor to others. i wish you the best in life. if you need to talk, you know where to find me (F)

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline

Does he think the "bigamy" stuff is the cause of all this? How soon into the relationship did you inform him of this "situation"? I realize that this happened when you were young, etc. but does he think you're at fault because of it? Is he upset about the prospect of having to return to Algeria? Were you being nasty with him and he turned the tables on you? I don't say this to be hard on you but I know personally I've been nasty to the mister and he's gone a bit overboard on me.

I know you're stressed. I know immigration is a b!tch to deal with. LDRs suck azz. Just give it a little time. Maybe take a few days off from each other and see what happens. If he truly loves you he will apologize and get back in the waiting game with you and stop blaming. If not and he keeps this blaming shitt up and he's focused only on immigration then good riddance to him. Then you'll know what he's really after...you or the visa.

He blames me for all of this, he blames everything on others, and just wont listen to reason anymore.

Yelled at me un-mercifully this am on phone, yelling at me cause HE wont go get his passport when embassy said he can come and get it any time. Ive just had enough, Im tired, for a very long time now, this is all Ive done, and worked 10 hours a day Mon thru Fri. take care of a large house, yard, my dogs, Ive lived and breathed him and this process, and now Im just tired. Im tired of being a good girl and dutiful wife, and getting ripped apart over the little things.

Edited by ya fallaha!

beth, words cannot express how sad i am to read this. you have worked soooooooo hard, and relentlessly on your case, and have been a great advisor to others. i wish you the best in life. if you need to talk, you know where to find me (F)

Im tired, I plan to do nothing this weekend , stay home, sleep , watch DVD's and relax. He is not accepting my calls, or answering emails, what else can I do? , nothing, spend more money in international calls? no, Im tapped out with all of this.

I admit my husband is stubburn and sometimes too hard on me, but I accepted it, but I dont deserve to be treated like public emeny #1` and dis-respected.

I

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

I was wondering the same thing. He knew way before the interview that the bigamy incident might come up during the visa process right?

Does he think the "bigamy" stuff is the cause of all this? How soon into the relationship did you inform him of this "situation"? I realize that this happened when you were young, etc. but does he think you're at fault because of it? Is he upset about the prospect of having to return to Algeria? Were you being nasty with him and he turned the tables on you? I don't say this to be hard on you but I know personally I've been nasty to the mister and he's gone a bit overboard on me.

I know you're stressed. I know immigration is a b!tch to deal with. LDRs suck azz. Just give it a little time. Maybe take a few days off from each other and see what happens. If he truly loves you he will apologize and get back in the waiting game with you and stop blaming. If not and he keeps this blaming shitt up and he's focused only on immigration then good riddance to him. Then you'll know what he's really after...you or the visa.

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Beth, I haven't commented before, but I'll just agree with what everyone else has said here. Take that break this weekend, pamper yourself, make a cheesecake, watch some movies, go out with the girls, relax and take a break from the visa process.

Tell your husband to do the same, via email if you have to. He's a big boy, you've told him how to get his passport back and he can take care of himself.

Then come back in a week, when you're both refreshed reasses. Stress can make people do shitty things that they normally wouldn't do. Or, he could just be mean and nasty, and it's better for you to find out before he gets here. In either case, don't take the step of ending things so quickly.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Only he can tell you why. Stop trying to call, stop e-mailing, it's making you look desperate. It's making him know he's winning the "game". Take time and relax but don't be alone 100% of the time. Have a gf come over and have some wine or a cocktail or two. Get your mind off of him and this process awhile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.