MN&UK

Million Fiance/Spouse March on Washington

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In another thread a woman made me sad to think that we might not even get to spend the holidays with our loved ones due to the slow aftermath of IMBRA. When once we were imagining spending summer walks with our sweeties, now we are merely hoping to not let this whole year slip away.

I think we should seriously assemble on the mall in DC in solidarity to bring awareness of the incompetence of this process. Even 5,000 folks, some in wedding gowns, some in tuxes holding cardboard cut outs of their spouses symbolizing the wedding that never was, or put on hold, or cancelled or marriages spent apart would be impactful. That would be a powerful image and I know it would get a lot of media attention, which is what we want.

I am serious - we should pick a date and go for it - sometime weeks before the election heats up or weeks after. Even if some of us actually get approved, we can still march to show support for future or current petitioners stuck in the cog.

It will be peaceful, but impactful. The undocumented workers protested and look what that did.

March 9 - filed I-129F to Nebraska

March 15 - NOA#1

June 1 - transferred to CSC

July 11 - IMBRA RFE back with CSC

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Well, I'd show up in support, but not in a tux or with cardboard cutouts. Let me know when and where and I'm there. I would do anything to make this process go faster. You should think of something else we could do to involve the rest of the country that can't make the trip.

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Perhaps a more effective approach would be to protest just outside the CSC building!!!

Of course, they have our photos!!

Perhaps a more effective approach would be to protest just outside the CSC building!!!

Of course, they have our photos!!

LOL! That's true. Our petitions would be denied for sure protesting in front of CSC. We'll have to hire some stand-ins.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

count me in.........!! can we bring family and friends to help support us too???

Something needs to be done to change the way this system runs!

vicki/bala

10/2002 Met in yahoo chat

10/2004 Romance blossoms

04/2005 Went to india, spent two wonderful weeks together

06/11/05 Sent petition

06/22/05 1st NOA received

09/12/05 2nd NOA received

11/15/05 Interview: request for additional information from me.

11/30/05 Got notice that we were Placed on Administrative Processing

03/04/06 Going to visit with my boo!

04/08/06 Back home (sigh) back to waiting again.

06/15/06 7 months on AP (will this ever end?)

07/06/06 called for second interview (it was a nightmare)

07/14/06 learned our petition was sent back

07/15/06 ready to carry on the fight!!!!

10/17/06 petition is back at USCIS

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away,

who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
LOL! That's true. Our petitions would be denied for sure protesting in front of CSC. We'll have to hire some stand-ins.

Luckily here in the US we have the right to peaceful demonstrations.. :P

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't have the details but about 3 or 4 years ago there was a similar process outside of the Texas Service Center by K-1 visa applicants protesting the extremely long processing times. The times were in the same vicinity as they are now - and apparently it was somewhat successful as the center did speed up, and surprisingly, some of those protesting received their visas in a very short time after the protest. Wish I had the details but maybe a google search might show something - it was reported in the newspapers.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Good point they have photographic evidence ;0

We could certainly do something virtually - a virtual protest. We could do a photo montage of us couples and families with a brief testimonial on our longing to be reunited. Photos can be flanked by a well written open letter to USCIS, stating that we are trying to do the right thing and negotiate our way through the proper immigration channels and we have encountered set backs, lack of timely or accurate information, cryptic emails, snappish customer service and ever increasing timelines. We can talk about the toll it is taking on all of us, our faith in our government and our livlihoods.

Remember the beautiful tributes to the 911 victims that circulated heavily? Perhaps we can create something like that. Something that will garnish a little sympathy and hopefully some action and media attention.

Now I am not exactly sure how to go out the next step, technologically, but we can start by forming a committee to see what we can pull together and enlist help from others. I am sure if we all put our minds and hearts into something, our vast network of contacts and talent will produce something amazing.

How do we start a list for folks to sign up for a steering committee to come up with a plan? Thoughts? Brainstorm.

I don't have the details but about 3 or 4 years ago there was a similar process outside of the Texas Service Center by K-1 visa applicants protesting the extremely long processing times. The times were in the same vicinity as they are now - and apparently it was somewhat successful as the center did speed up, and surprisingly, some of those protesting received their visas in a very short time after the protest. Wish I had the details but maybe a google search might show something - it was reported in the newspapers.

Thanks for the tip. I will do some research. I think it gives us something to focus on - perhaps making a positive change rather than falling into helplessness.

Edited by MN&UK

March 15 - NOA#1

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Give me the time and date and I am there. Here or in D.C. I have family in DC so it would be great for me. I am tired of having all my hopes dashed simply because of lack of planning. They knew IMBRA would take effect and yet it seems that no one thought to do anything in preparation for it.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I thought the same thing to myself about protesting in DC. Its funny but the average American assumes that if you are married especially that you can at least visit your spouse. I'm assuming they would probably also assume that if you are in love and engaged too that you would be able to go ahead and get married in a free country. We are all very diligent and frustrated on this website so we should come up with something even possible a petition. I'm not sure how that all goes but I will keep my eyes and ears open. We gotta let people know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

In prison, at least they get conjugal visits. We are being treated lower than a incarcerated criminal. Guilty before innocent.

A march and continued inquiries to our congressman and senators will have an impact.

3-27-06 Sent I-129F to TSC - Transferred to CSC

3-29-06 NOA 1 Receipt Date

4-04-06 NOA 1 Notice Date

4-04-06 Check clears the bank

7-03-06 Touched - RFE - IMBRA Sent Out

7-08-06 Received RFE - IMBRA - Date 6-23-06 and Postmarked 6-27-06

7-08-06 Stopped by Border Securtiy on NCIC name hit - Identity Theft two years ago and theif used my name as an alias which is now permanently tied to his criminal file as an alias - Border Security very helpful and understanding and apologetic about the situation but they have to verify I was not the perpetratpr.

7-10-06 Sent RFE

7-11-06 Received by CSC

7-19-06 Touched e-mail stating received 7-19-06 (BS)

8-03-06 Wondering ####### is taking so long - 128 days now

8-21-06 Congressional Inquiry

8-24-06 NOA2 WHoooohoooo

Timeline
In prison, at least they get conjugal visits. We are being treated lower than a incarcerated criminal. Guilty before innocent.

A march and continued inquiries to our congressman and senators will have an impact.

I love that! Conjugal visit...I think I will tell me fiance to use that when he arrives at the POE next month. That's perfectly describes it ;)

March 15 - NOA#1

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

In addition, it might be prudent to send a letter to the USCIS Ombudsman

A bunch of us did it last year when the CSC slowed to a halt, I'm not sure if it helped but it didn't hurt either.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.